Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Totally agree with you HEY. I always thought Kyle had a ton of pontential and perfect stature to be a very elite TE in the NFL from watching him at Notre Dame.

I really hope to see Ponder step up his game this year and utilize Kyle, as well as all the other options he has in place. Hopefully having cassel right behind him will help to light a fire under his ass.

I think the Pro bowl showed ponder a bit more what he has in Rudolph. No more excuses, Ponder is surrounded with all the tools any QB needs. There are alot of QBs that would love to have a TE like Kyle to throw to, let alone a superhuman to hand it off to...

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I agree no more excuses. He has a top 10 WR in the league, a top 5 TE, the #1 RB. While we don't have the depth we need past that, he has tools. If he can't get the job done...we won't.
    With that said. He has played 16 _ 8 or so games. I say ignore the first season. As I really don't care what a rookie QB looks like. His 2nd season wasn't horrible but it showed some areas for glee and areas for concern.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    I agree no more excuses. He has a top 10 WR in the league, a top 5 TE, the #1 RB. While we don't have the depth we need past that, he has tools. If he can't get the job done...we won't.
    With that said. He has played 16 _ 8 or so games. I say ignore the first season. As I really don't care what a rookie QB looks like. His 2nd season wasn't horrible but it showed some areas for glee and areas for concern.
    It's adorable that you think Ponder is somehow going to "find it" and become a great QB.

Career backup. That is all.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    It's adorable that you think Ponder is somehow going to "find it" and become a great QB.

I never said he will. I was just being honest. He can thrive in an offense that he is asked to just get the ball to his playmakers. Something, many people don't realize. That is why I was adamant that we get him a couple of playmakers.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

How good is Kyle Rudolph?

Re: Kyle Rudolph...he has a serious chance to be the best tight end in Vikings history. Personally, I think he will be.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    Re: Kyle Rudolph...he has a serious chance to be the best tight end in Vikings history. Personally, I think he will be.
    As a pass-catcher, yes I think Rudolph has a good chance to become the best tight end the Vikings have ever had. He also possesses the size to be a very good blocker.

MossMems is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post

Its too bad you are right. Im afraid Ponder is going to be a wash. And like Tjoke, we are going to send about 5 years wasted on him.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by HEY View Post
    Forget about the attention argument in Pro Bowl for a moment. Rudolph was awarded the MVP because he had elite quarterbacks who threw him the ball. Quarterbacks who trusted him and knew how to place the ball in the right spot. It showed us how dominant Rudolph can be when he has that.
    You don't need elite QB's to throw him the ball, just a QB that trusts him and can place the ball in the right spot.

I don't think we have that, but there are people here who believe Ponder will be that guy this year.

I tend to disagree. He'll have to prove it to me.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

With that said. He has played 16 _ 8 or so games..........
    He's played 27 games, started 26 of them. After this year it'll be more like 43-44 games he's started. That's as many or more chances than other starting QB's get to find out if they are franchise material.

I never said he will. I was just being honest. He can thrive in an offense that he is asked to just get the ball to his playmakers. Something, many people don't realize. That is why I was adamant that we get him a couple of playmakers.
    He had more than a couple. AD, Harvin & Rudolph. I wouldn't exactly say he was thriving.

He still has more than a couple, maybe as many as 5 now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast