Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: How to fix the pass D?

"IndoViking" wrote:
    How do you think we can fix our pass D? Today was another proven example that our secondary gave up way too much in the passing game. BRIAN GRIESE had 300+ yards... that is unacceptable.

Keep in mind that 167 of those yards came off from 3 plays - two of which were in the final three minutes of the game when we were more or less in a prevent defense.
    You have to keep it in perspective.
    Yards don't win games - points do.
    And until the final three minutes of the game, the Bears offense had only scored 10 points.

I think that is pretty damn acceptable.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

we've got erasmus james, who for some unknown reason is not playing

Blog Entries

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    we've got erasmus james, who for some unknown reason is not playing
    He did play yesterday.
    He is just down to second string.
    The fact is he hasn't been able to return to form since his surgery.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "IndoViking" wrote:
    How do you think we can fix our pass D? Today was another proven example that our secondary gave up way too much in the passing game. BRIAN GRIESE had 300+ yards... that is unacceptable.

Keep in mind that 167 of those yards came off from 3 plays - two of which were in the final three minutes of the game when we were more or less in a prevent defense.
    And until the final three minutes of the game, the Bears offense had only scored 10 points.

I think that is pretty damn acceptable.
    Didn't see the game as usual, but two of the plays we were in the "Prevent Defense"?

Isn't that the purpose of the prevent defense . . . to prevent the big play?
    And we got burned twice in the final two minutes?

I guess the "D" thought we had the game locked up and just went out to stand in a spot or something.
    That's embarrassing.

I hope the Coaches give the players some "extra" work so that doesn't ever happen again.
    Wow!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Blog Entries

"sleepagent" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "IndoViking" wrote:

I think that is pretty gol 'darnit acceptable.
    Didn't see the game as usual, but two of the plays we were in the "Prevent Defense"?

I guess the "D" thought we had the game locked up and just went out to stand in a spot or something.
    That's embarrassing.

I hope the Coaches give the players some "extra" work so that doesn't ever happen again.
    Wow!
    Pretty much.
    We weren't in a true prevent, but on one we were playing deep and I believe in a nickel package on both.
    In the first Muhsin Muhammad caught the ball in the middle of the zone and then simply ran past the three defenders who should have tackled him..
    That was embarrassing and I blame our D for letting him it.

The second was when we let Hester get behind out defense on a go route, and Griese threw an absolutely perfect ball to him.
    Hester never had to break stride.
    I credit the Bears more for that than faulting our D.

The only other time that their offense did anything was when Winfield fell down while back peddling, and Griese hooked up with Berrian for a 39 yard TD.
    Again, the play call was correct, it was just a rare mistake on one player's part.
    Had EJ not committed a stupid Illegal Contact penalty the play right before that they would have had to punt anyway.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

sirweeze is offline Starter

1. Get to the QB somehow
    2. Find some safetys that aren't a combined 319 years old

goldseedlbg is offline Training Camp

I agree we need alot more pressure on the quarterback. Our DE's are just not getting the job done. Champ Bailey can not even cover a WR for 15 seconds. Hopefully, we sign a real DE next year (i.e. Allen from KC or Suggs from the ravens).

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"sirweeze" wrote:
    1. Get to the QB somehow
    2. Find some safetys that aren't a combined 319 years old
    Dwight Smith is only 29, should be in his prime.

Sharper will be 32 next month.

You cannot seriously call these guys "old."

Brian Dawkins is 34 and Ed Reed is 29.

So, we cannot use age as an excuse.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "IndoViking" wrote:

That's embarrassing.

Wow!
    Pretty much.
    We weren't in a true prevent, but on one we were playing deep and I believe in a nickel package on both.
    In the first Muhsin Muhammad caught the ball in the middle of the zone and then simply ran past the three defenders who should have tackled him..

The second was when we let Hester get behind out defense on a go route, and Griese threw an absolutely perfect ball to him.

The only other time that their offense did anything was when Winfield fell down while back peddling, and Griese hooked up with Berrian for a 39 yard TD.
    Again, the play call was correct, it was just a rare mistake on one player's part.
    Had EJ not committed a stupid Illegal Contact penalty the play right before that they would have had to punt anyway.
    Very nice my friend.

How is your "Chiller" stance today?
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "IndoViking" wrote:

That's embarrassing.

Wow!
    Pretty much.

Very nice my friend.

How is your "Chiller" stance today?
    ;D
    Still neutral - but I am running along side the band wagon ready to jump back on on a moments notice.

I want ot make sure that yesterday's game is a pattern, not an abberation first.
    Just like I was slow to jump off the wagon, I will be slow to jump back on.
    No knee jerk reactions here.
    Yesterday's game went a long way to make some of the fans happy, and team showed improvement in a lot of areas.
    Particularly with the OL.
    Putting Herrera in over Hicks was a huge improvement.
    And the zone blocking scheme (which I hate) worked well for getting AD past the line of scrimmage.

TJack's throws also looked decent too, now we just need WRs who can catch.
    Fergie didn't adjust correctly on a wonderful pass down the sideline, and we had four of five passes bounce off from a WR's hands.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast