Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: How dumb is T-Jack?

"AKViking" wrote:

I'm less worried about Tj's intelligence and more worried about his ability to speak. Seems that he has made marked improvement in reading defenses and understanding the offense. My worry is his ability(or lack there of) to speak clearly.

Seriously, he talks like he's got a mouth full of marbles. Now imagine him with a mouthpiece in and trying to call plays/audibles at the line ! You just know some of the TEs/RBs/WRs are going "What?" "Did you understand the words comin out of his mouth?" Makes me wonder how many plays get screwed up for this reason. I think Ziggy should hire a speech therapist for the guy until he learns to enunciate.
    lmao, they just need to hold training camp in the deep south....learn how to interpret the 'mouth of marbles' speech while getting in shape in triple digit temperatures with high humidity.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    "AKViking" wrote:

I'm less worried about Tj's intelligence and more worried about his ability to speak. Seems that he has made marked improvement in reading defenses and understanding the offense. My worry is his ability(or lack there of) to speak clearly.

Seriously, he talks like he's got a mouth full of marbles. Now imagine him with a mouthpiece in and trying to call plays/audibles at the line ! You just know some of the TEs/RBs/WRs are going "What?" "Did you understand the words comin out of his mouth?" Makes me wonder how many plays get screwed up for this reason. I think Ziggy should hire a speech therapist for the guy until he learns to enunciate.
    lmao, they just need to hold training camp in the deep south....learn how to interpret the 'mouth of marbles' speech while getting in shape in triple digit temperatures with high humidity.
    I had a good laugh reading that one. No gold medal for Tarvaris at the speech olympics, damn!
    If you can tell me what Pat Willliams is saying at anytime that would be ok also.
    But who cares. They are football players.
    They aren't about to remove your brain tumor while your'e sedated!
    No offense intended, honest. But that was amusing.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

He actually isn't stupid but if he was I wouldn't care. Matter of fact I don't care that he talks with a southern slur either. He is a good footballl player and I'm glad we have him

AKViking is offline Rookie

"V4L" wrote:
    He actually isn't stupid but if he was I wouldn't care. Matter of fact I don't care that he talks with a southern slur either. He is a good footballl player and I'm glad we have him

I don't think he is stupid either and I'm happy he's on the team as well. But as a Qb your teammates need to understand clearly, what plays/audibles you are calling at the line. Nobody else on the team has as much communication responsibility, offense or defense. And I don't care if I can't understand him 3/4s of the time; as long as his teammates know what he is saying that's fine. But it does make one wonder if some plays go awry simply because he doesn't speak clearly enough. Not trying to be insulting, it's just a question I have.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"AKViking" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

I don't think he is stupid either and I'm happy he's on the team as well. But as a Qb your teammates need to understand clearly, what plays/audibles you are calling at the line. Nobody else on the team has as much communication responsibility, offense or defense. And I don't care if I can't understand him 3/4s of the time; as long as his teammates know what he is saying that's fine. But it does make one wonder if some plays go awry simply because he doesn't speak clearly enough. Not trying to be insulting, it's just a question I have.
    It's true what you are saying but who is having trouble understanding him right now?
    Maybe I missed something but I haven't heard of anyone not understanding him

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Prophet" wrote:
    "AKViking" wrote:

When I first moved to the south I had a bit of trouble at times but once you get used to it the marbles don't rattle around each other as bad.

I am sure that the longer he is in the "Great White North" and practices call the plays as well as the players hearing him talk all the time, the marbles will be a bit easier to understand as well.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Its not an issue. Our team can understand him and the playcalling

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"AKViking" wrote:

If our president can lead a nation speaking like he never learned the english language then I am not too worried about TJ leading the Vikings.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"marstc09" wrote:
    "AKViking" wrote:

If our president can lead a nation speaking like he never learned the english language then I am not too worried about TJ leading the Vikings.
    That worked out well. Green dot or not.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"baumy300" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Who the fuck cares?
    As long as he can play football he is good.

Manny Ramirez is as dumb as they come, and he does not have any problems in his sport.

Just another TJ hater.
    Haha, exactly!

Seriously, weren't there a slew of illiterate players (Pro Bowlers mind you) a few years back who even had college degrees?

I don't care how book smart, street smart, or common sense smart our players are, as long as they understand their assignment and win games I'm happy.
    You realize we are talking about TJack right? ;D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123