Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ProjectViking is offline Waterboy

Re: How do you watch the Vikings game each Sunday?

Living in ireland i dont get 2 watch every viking game live, but i buy a dvd every week and watch teh games a week late, its better than nothing i suppose lol. At least we get a couple of monday nite games this year.

I go to a sports bar very early to get the same seat every week. This bar is loaded with Steeler and Bengal fans. Me and about six friends, who all like the Bears, sit week after week and listen to these idiotic Steeler and Bengal fans rip on each other. Lucky for me, this past season the Vikes got beat by both of them so I got to join in the fun too. I am the only Vikings fan ever there. Occassionally a random fan will roll in and we will rejoice when we see each other but I'm usually alone in my joy and pain.

MightyVikes12391 is offline Pro-Bowler

usually on the vikings.com website beucase they give you the play by play and theres no vikes games on around here

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePride80" wrote:
    I know that their are a lot of people on PurplePride.org, who don't live in Minnesota. (including myself)

So I was wondering how do you watch the Vikings game each Sunday?

Do you have NFL Sunday Ticket, or do you go to some type of sports bar?

Discuss!
    When I lived in VA, I would go to my local Irish pub (Kirkpatrick's) and watch the Vikes when they weren't on the national channels. I was a regular (and friends with the bartenders) so I would normally get the Vikes in a good spot.

And depending on how much $$$ you spend at the bar, you'll probably find that the cost of NFL Sunday Ticket will end up being less over 17 weeks than the cost of the package. This is, of course, assuming that you have DirectTV already. I don't understand why the NFL doesn't put the games on PPV, but that's just me.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

twiztedfait is offline Starter

I sit on my couch bouncing my head around. My kids seem to think the ONLY place in the house they can play when the vikings are on is right in front of the TV.

Oh and about every 40 seconds I have to ask them to move because i get motionsickness from having to bob my head so much. But here is be best thing.

announcer "Johnson drops back, throws the de....."

Daughter "Bryan can you help me tie my shoe" While she is standing in front of me

Announcer "Touchdown vikings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111"

Then I stare at the TV hoping for a replay.....when it finally happens, repeat this with my son.........

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Running b/w PP.O and my TV in my room upstairs and the recliner and TV downstairs.

GemInI is offline Training Camp

Go to a local place called, The Ale House. Those of you in FL know it probably pretty well. They show all the games and we have our own corner with a 42" HDTV + sound. Theres around 6-8 of us there every week watching the vikes.

Prophet Guest

Depends. Usually record the games when they are available and watch them later (this requires going into seclusion during and after the game...no Internet, no phone calls, no eye contact..., don't want to know the outcome prior to watching the game. I just can't stomach watching a 60 min. game in 3.5-4 hours so I prefer recording the game and FF through the commericals. It still takes me a few hours to watch the game, because I'll often look at certain plays from different perspectives to see how they pulled it off or to see what failed. If I'm working I listen to them on the Internet.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

How do you watch the Vikings game each Sunday?

With my eyes!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

sunny is offline Pro-Bowler

It depends on the month. Preseason I listen to it on the radio while out camping. First few weeks of the season I listen to them in the PU while out grouse hunting. First week of Nov. I listen to them while deer hunting. Late Nov. and Dec. I actualy get to watch them on TV. But the Best is in Jan(playoffs) and Feb(SuperBowl) I get to listen to them on the raidio while icefishing.

Maybe I need to be more dedicated - dose this mean I'm not a true fan? :roll:

PS: When they make it to the SuperBowl I will go to the bar and watch them ccasion5:
    I.B.O.T. #213

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast