Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    tony_u is offline Rookie

Re: How do you out-of-towners watch Vikings games?

"cogitans" wrote:
    In Europe we can not chose ourselves, the NFL decides each week what games get to be broadcast overseas..
    How annoying is that,in the UK we have 2 channels which show the NFL but i think this year i got to see 2 Vikes games 1 was against the pack cant remember which the other was.

"cogitans" wrote:
    For this season I will try to watch some over the internet, I hope I'll get more Vikings games that way.
    What internet sites can you watch it on?

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

NFL Sunday Ticket on satallite DirectTV. I've had it since it first came out. Worth every penny.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

DCPologirl is offline Team Alumni

Well on the rare occasion that we play the Ravens or the Skins I go to the games. Otherwise I go to bars that show all the games, or a bar that I know will show my game cuz I know the bartender, or I go to the one measlet Viking bar in town that ONLY shows the Vikings games!

DCPologirl:Maybe Randy will make Aaron Brooks look better......roflmao Del Rio: I guarantee he will

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"tony_u" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    For this season I will try to watch some over the internet, I hope I'll get more Vikings games that way.
    I heard of this site resently StreamTV

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

petrodemos is offline Asst. Coach

usually go to beef o bradys around here, or other bars that have direct tv if the games arent on TV, we had direct tv two years ago for about 3 years, i loved it, but at 200 a year, and at a time when viking games were being shown pretty regularly, it ended up being like 50/game. personally id rather go to a bar and spend the 50 on beer and food, and watch more games simultanously. so thats what we do now.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"tony_u" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:
    In Europe we can not chose ourselves, the NFL decides each week what games get to be broadcast overseas..
    How annoying is that,in the UK we have 2 channels which show the NFL but i think this year i got to see 2 Vikes games 1 was against the pack cant remember which the other was.

"cogitans" wrote:
    There is a site which has live streaming apparently which some of our european neighbours use - I think it is www.streamtvnow.com/ - needs a subscription and could - of course - be deemed to be a tad illegal irate:

Myself I settle for live TV when the Vikes are on - which can mean late nights if its a Sunday night or MNF game . Otherwise its listening via the web courtesy of good old Field Pass :cheers:
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

On NFL Sunday Ticket from Directtt TTTTVVV! Have you guys all seen that comercial, I love it.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

My life watching Vikings games:

1979 - 1986 Didn't care much about football (prob. watched Browns games w/ my dad)

1986 - 1990 Mostly watched Browns games, started to root for the Vikings in the late 80's was about 9 years old.

1991 - 1997 Only watched the games that we were lucky enough to have televised.

1998 - All but the first or second game of the season was televised, so I got to watch all of them on regular TV

1999 - 2000 Vikings were televised often, so I watched what I could.

mid 2000 season - 2002 season - Ritchie's Tavern in Columbus, OH had Sunday Ticket about 12 TV's, $2 - 32 oz. drafts, all you could eat wings, burgers, dogs, brats, chips, etc. for FREE!!! I spent many Sundays at that place, they always had a TV reserved for me in the corner of the bar, all I had to do was save $10, for 3 tall drafts, and leave the rest as a tip. Perfect for a 21 college student. A couple games, though, I still watched at home, if they were on TV, and/or I didn't have money. I watched them get spanked by the Rams in 2000, and this may make you think less of me, while a lovely young woman, who happened to be married was riding me. All I was missing was a beer in my hand.

2002 - At home when they were on, occasionally at BW-3's.

2003 - 2004 - BW3's mainly, sometimes at home (while televised), a couple times I just watched the ticker on nfl.com.

2005 - Finally got the Sunday Ticket!!!! And drove 14 hours to check out Mall of America, and watch them whoop up on the Saints in person. Both of these are the greatest money I've ever spent. Although, if I still lived in Columbus, I'd probably just go to Ritchie's Tavern, and tip a little better this time.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

tony_u is offline Rookie

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "tony_u" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:
    There is a site which has live streaming apparently which some of our european neighbours use - I think it is www.streamtvnow.com/ - needs a subscription and could - of course - be deemed to be a tad illegal irate:

Myself I settle for live TV when the Vikes are on - which can mean late nights if its a Sunday night or MNF game . Otherwise its listening via the web courtesy of good old Field Pass :cheers:
    Cheers for the site info AngloVike may go and investigate that one,have used the field pass myself for the past 3-4 years along with the game updates

simonsparre is offline Pro-Bowler

"tony_u" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "tony_u" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

"cogitans" wrote:

Cheers for the site info AngloVike may go and investigate that one,have used the field pass myself for the past 3-4 years along with the game updates
    Actually it is .tv not .com. www.streamtvnow.tv

I watched the draft on streamtvnow this year and a lot of Vikes games last year. Works fantastic

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast