Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    zeppelin4534 is offline Rookie

How do we play the skins D?

I was looking at their stats and they are not just one sided on defense, 3rd against the rush and 5th against the pass, we have seen bad defenses frusterate our offense...how do we play this game on offense, im just thinking that its gonna be 20 points in the first half for 300 yards and 3 in the second half for 100 (packers game). But this is a way better defense than GB. Any thoughts on how we have to play this game?

Balls out

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    WORD! Balls out, get Cambell, Mrob, Burly and Moss on the field at the same time. Thats alot of speed, make them cover the whole field. We have not used Cambell as much as we should, why i dont know. Get Bennett on some screens. My opinion is we go balls out, dont try to be conservitave like we were against the cardinals. Worry only about scoring every time we touch the ball. If we score points there offense will not be able to keep up, not with winfield back and the LB's playing the run much better.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer
    Wrong.

The way you break the cover 2 is by running right at it.

When they back off, THEN we go balls out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

WRONG. They dont necacarily(sp) play a cover two all the time, they blitz way to much, maybe 50% of there plays. So theres gonna be zone wide open. We can run, i didnt say we couldnt, but we need the killer instinct. There's nothing wrong with going balls out in my opinion. They have two of there star players out, go after there week spot.

We cant just run run run, it hasn't worked yet this year, we usually score on screens and pepps TD passes. If we keep the score close our defense could blow it for us.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer
    But, if you've been reading the papers, they're going to play Cover 2 to take away the deep ball, until we prove we can dink and dunk and run.

Run it up their noses until they back off, then let Moss give Springs some dust.

The Cover 2 is especially deadly for Washington because they have the best safety in the league in Sean Taylor. Excellent coverage skills, and could probably tackle a truck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Well if thats what they think, there gonna get smoked with the run, then get smoked with the pass. Either way if our oline plays well and our WR's dont have ass there routes we will score points.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Take what the defense gives us....

I prefer to spread them out and then run the ball...
    set up the playaction and then throw the deep ball

dan3ski is offline Coordinator
    They do like to blitz and screens are a good way to stop the blitz, as for the long ball forget it with this defense as Culpepper will not get enought time to throw it unless the o-line plays a great game.I do hope they play the cover 2 against us as any of our RB's can take the dink over the middle for big gains. Ball control also works if their dee is on the field for most of the game they will tire.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach
    WORD! Balls out, get Cambell, Mrob, Burly and Moss on the field at the same time. Thats alot of speed, make them cover the whole field. We have not used Cambell as much as we should, why i dont know. Get Bennett on some screens. My opinion is we go balls out, dont try to be conservitave like we were against the cardinals. Worry only about scoring every time we touch the ball. If we score points there offense will not be able to keep up, not with winfield back and the LB's playing the run much better.
    Run alot of 4 wide sets, they cant cover all of them at one time, too much speed. Springs and Smoot are their best corners, throw the ball to Moss and Cambpell alot. Also run some out of the 4wide sets, the D wont expect it. If they double up Moss with Springs and Taylor, no big deal. Mrob, Burly, and Campbell can get it done. Get good field position on special teams. Campbell and Burly are beast on returning and if we can get good field position we'll have a short field and score easily. Jermaine Wiggins should have a good day. i think vikes win 21-10.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast