Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How did you become a Vikings fan ?

I live in the bay area, cali, and I have been obsessed over the vikings since 98. With Raidernation and 49er fans around me my attention was drawn from the vikes. I love the uniforms they had and have. New designed uniforms are going to make a lot heads turn with respect.
    I love the cunninham deep to moss plays and 20 yards dashes from Robert Smith, amazing sideline catches from Chris Carter. Wong and Griffith played like Ray lewis and Reed. Shoulda won the lombardi trophy that year. And now I love the vikes thru thick and thin

What about you ? Do you live in a place where you are the only Vikings fan in you community ? What made you like them or because of who made you like them ?

Electric is offline Waterboy

Re: How did you become a Vikings fan ?

Im from australia and no one really knows about the Vikings, let alone the NFL. But I still love the sport even though I rarely see games.

Rastak is offline Rookie

I was born one......LOL....

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I was a Viking fan while I was still in the womb.

If that isn't proof enough, here is my blood donor card;

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

I became a Vikings fan in 1971 at the age of 4. The reason is because they were always on t.v. every Sunday, they were on. Joe Kapp was QB, but my father who is a Cleveland Browns fan, told me about Fran Tarkenton being there, so we watched a Giants game and I loved him/ them ever since. Strange because I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have NEVER been a Bengals supporter, in fact I hate them severly. Gutted when I went to the game last year and we got whipped!

PsychoViking is offline Training Camp

well....it all started when I was like 5 (a very long time ago in a land far far away.....lmao).....I was sitting next to my dad (who was a Bears fan) and the VIKINGS were kicking the snot of the Bears (as usuall) and my dad said "I hate the God D@mn VIKINGS...they are always beating the Bears"....so from that day on I started liking the VIKINGS and it has grown into what my g/f calls "ate up"...lol
    going on 37 years of VIKING Pride now.....and still going strong.
    The World is Full Of Kings & Queens..Who Will Blind Your Eyes..Then Steal Your Dreams..Its Heaven & Hell

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

When they first started showing the NFL here in Denmark, i watched a Vikings game, in which Carter and Moss owned EVERYTHING!!!.. I knew that i had to love this team

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

I am not an imbecile, hence I've always been a fan

[color=red]

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

I live close by. All of my friends and family liked them so when I started watching football they were the team I watched.

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

It was very Star Wars-esque for me. I was very young, and my parents were still trying to get me to be a Packer fan. We went to visit my great-grandpa in a nursing home. We had a good time visiting and whatnot, and later when my parents walked away, he pulled me in close to him while he was lying on his bed and whispered "Remember this....always be a Viking fan like your great-grandpa"

I had to do it! :lol:
    MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast