Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    BBQ Platypus's Avatar
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,027

    How to deal with traitorous friends or family members

    A few years back my brother got tired of the Vikings' "yearly routine" and bailed over to the Eagles (this was during the offseason before they became playoff contenders). I didn't mind too much, because at least he didn't turn into a Packer fan.
    However, after the Eagles became a good team, he's been giving me a lot of crap about how the Eagles are good, and the Vikings suck. He even goes as far as to claim that I think Daunte Culpepper is hot.

    The way I deal with it is to ignore him, point out that the Vikings are good, and remind him that some people stick with their team no matter what happens, whether they have a winning or losing record. These people are called "real fans." I also tell him about the tendency of the quality of teams to change over the course of several years. No team will ALWAYS suck, unless they happen to be the Arizona Cardinals.

    The natural loyalty and fortitude of every Vikings fan enables them to ignore criticism. What methods do you use to thwart naysayers?


    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

  2. #2
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,457

    How to deal with traitorous friends or family members

    I go for the direct approach. I just give them this.
    :thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thebirdman: :thebirdman:

    Trying to reason with idiots is a waste of time. :lol:

    WWBGD

  3. #3
    Grassdog61's Avatar
    Grassdog61 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    118

    How to deal with traitorous friends or family members

    This is just my opinion, but I can't see how anyone can call themselves a true fan - regardless of what team they support - when they switch teams. With the NFL, its burned into your soul. If it was my brother and he gave me a hard time about being a Vikes fan, I'd pummel him
    614f282e3c576bcf94e1d24d7a29bead

  4. #4
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    How to deal with traitorous friends or family members

    Living in New Mexico i never hear the end of it especailly when i was in High School. Everything from moss is gay, to purple is gay. I've heard it all, i guess the best way is to ignore them no matter what they say, then they will calm down, but if you argue it they continue it because they know it bugs the shit out of you. And believe me its hard to leave it alone, you feel like argueing it but you know it wont get you anywhere.

    It's similair to the packer fans we got around here, especailly maxxi pad, if we respond to the stupid shit he says hes gonna come back with more and more BS, till finally you ingnore him.

  5. #5
    eelpout72's Avatar
    eelpout72 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    245

    How to deal with traitorous friends or family members

    slash his tires! :wink:

  6. #6
    PhxFan's Avatar
    PhxFan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    460

    Re: How to deal with traitorous friends or family members

    "BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    No team will ALWAYS suck, unless they happen to be the Arizona Cardinals.
    Have a Packer friend, he stuck by them even when they were in there twenty some year slump

  7. #7
    MN_Jet_Fan is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    71

    How to deal with traitorous friends or family members

    Hey, where in NM do you live? I went to NMSU in Las Cruces!



    "vikingstw" wrote:
    Living in New Mexico i never hear the end of it especailly when i was in High School. Everything from moss is ***, to purple is ***. I've heard it all, i guess the best way is to ignore them no matter what they say, then they will calm down, but if you argue it they continue it because they know it bugs the shit out of you. And believe me its hard to leave it alone, you feel like argueing it but you know it wont get you anywhere.

    It's similair to the packer fans we got around here, especailly maxxi pad, if we respond to the stupid shit he says hes gonna come back with more and more BS, till finally you ingnore him.

  8. #8
    DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,161

    How to deal with traitorous friends or family members

    He might get tired of the Eagles routine.. choking in the NFC championship game year after year. With the way the NFC has been this year they may break that curse, but they didn't seem to move the ball very well in T.O.'s absence against Dallas last week, that tells me they just might fall flat again.

  9. #9
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    How to deal with traitorous friends or family members

    "MN_Jet_Fan" wrote:
    Hey, where in NM do you live? I went to NMSU in Las Cruces!



    "vikingstw" wrote:
    Living in New Mexico i never hear the end of it especailly when i was in High School. Everything from moss is ***, to purple is ***. I've heard it all, i guess the best way is to ignore them no matter what they say, then they will calm down, but if you argue it they continue it because they know it bugs the shit out of you. And believe me its hard to leave it alone, you feel like argueing it but you know it wont get you anywhere.

    It's similair to the packer fans we got around here, especailly maxxi pad, if we respond to the stupid shit he says hes gonna come back with more and more BS, till finally you ingnore him.
    I'm in Grants, about 4 hours away but i go to the branch, NMSU at Grants. It's a decent school just much smaller than in las crusas.

  10. #10
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    How to deal with traitorous friends or family members

    "Grassdog61" wrote:
    This is just my opinion, but I can't see how anyone can call themselves a true fan - regardless of what team they support - when they switch teams. With the NFL, its burned into your soul. If it was my brother and he gave me a hard time about being a Vikes fan, I'd pummel him
    I LOVE IT!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-05-2009, 09:21 AM
  2. The 4 newest members of the family..Still deciding on names
    By STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 09:14 PM
  3. Booty family mirrors Manning family?
    By cajunvike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-05-2008, 02:09 PM
  4. Practical Joker/s In your Circle of Family/Friends
    By Frostbite in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 12:09 AM
  5. **********FAMILY VIDEO DEAL************
    By LosAngelis in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-14-2005, 06:40 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •