Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni

Re: how to cope over a nasty loss

i sat back.. rolled myself a wooler and thought..

ugg.. longwell.. you !#$%! !#$% !#$% peice of donkey #~!%!!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Drank. A lot. And then some more.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"digital420" wrote:

DiGiTaL
    Then your thoughts were misguided. Longwell isn't the one to blame for our lose. Plenty of blame to go around.

Had the offense got us into a position to score earlier in the game & suceeded without turning the ball over, we wouldn't have to have attempted a last 2nd 52 yard FG. We didn't score enough before that or play good ball control.

Turnovers, sloppy play & penalties killed us.

How can anyone have watched all 4 quarters of play, then lay the blame on our loss on Longwell's last seconds FG miss.

Boggles the mind.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:

DiGiTaL
    Then your thoughts were misguided. Longwell isn't the one to blame for our lose. Plenty of blame to go around.

Had the offense got us into a position to score earlier in the game & suceeded without turning the ball over, we wouldn't have to have attempted a last 2nd 52 yard FG. We didn't score enough before that or play good ball control.

How can anyone have watched all 4 quarters of play, then lay the blame on our loss on Longwell's last seconds FG miss.

Boggles the mind.
    well.. ok i phrased that wrong..

i don't blame the game on longwell.. i do think that had he made that FG everyone would have a different point of view towards the game.. we would be saying how we faught for the win.. maybe even praising the D and ST's play and riding TJack a bit instead of upset and picking apart individual performances.

As a team on O we were slow, moving yet slow.. to get over that we had the scoring D.. our ST was doing great and i was ready to celebrate are win.. when i was forced to have 2 saftey meetings and shots of tequilla to get over the # of curses that came out of my mouth when longwell hit the xbar..

that's how i got over it.. but shouldn't of had 2

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

"digital420" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:

DiGiTaL

Boggles the mind.
    Where is your reply?
    :-

"singersp" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:

DiGiTaL

Boggles the mind.
    Where is your reply?
    :-\
    check it now
    ; )
    (lost internet for a moment)

"digital420" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:

DiGiTaL

Boggles the mind.
    Where is your reply?
    check it now
    ; )
    It would have not changed my opinion about the sloppy play, but I would have been happier with the win. I said before the game they would go after Griffin & they marched down the field on him. Whitaker was part of that as well.

Two things I have to give credit for, you touched on one of them. Special teams & kickoffs. Special teams were above what I expected on kickoffs & punts, by not giving up tons of yards on returns.

When was the last time you saw Longwell boot one deep enough into the endzone, that the opponents took a knee & started on the 20? That was a bright spot for me.

They need to re-group, put this game behind them, watch the film, correct their mistakes & comeback next week & take out Kansas City.

vikesbest98 is offline Training Camp

Personally it may be wrong but i pick the game apart as much as possible and find a way to blame the officiating.
    I will admit our play was sloppy at best.
    Defense did what they do and i give them credit for that.
    We need to work on our pass coverage.
    Offense again needs to really step it up Tarvaris was just tossing the ball around.
    he made a few good plays but he needs some help.
    BUT mostly i blame the refs for the awful calls that 3rd down "roughing the passer" call was crap.
    Also we were getting called for offensive holding quite a bit but i didnt see them getting called for some of the blatant holds they were applying.
    All in all alot needs to be done but once again another season and the judgement of the "officials" is being questioned by me.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    Your missing the point. She has a really WIIIDE mouth. You know, with DSL'S and everything.
    This is a good thing!

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=digital420 link=topic=37933.msg638497#msg638497 date=1190016139]

DiGiTaL

Boggles the mind.
    Where is your reply?
    check it now
    ; )
    It would have not changed my opinion about the sloppy play, but I would have been happier with the win. I said before the game they would go after Griffin & they marched down the field on him. Whitaker was part of that as well.

Two things I have to give credit for, you touched on one of them. Special teams & kickoffs. Special teams were above what I expected on kickoffs & punts, by not giving up tons of yards on returns.

When was the last time you saw Longwell boot one deep enough into the endzone, that the opponents took a knee & started on the 20? That was a bright spot for me.

They need to re-group, put this game behind them, watch the film, correct their mistakes & comeback next week & take out Kansas City.
    [/quote]

Good point about Longwell kicking deeper this game so I cannot be that mad at him. Our offense really needs to get it together or Farve and the Packers are going to destroy us.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast