Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 60
  1. #21
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,560

    Re: how to cope over a nasty loss

    i sat back.. rolled myself a wooler and thought..


    ugg.. longwell.. you !#$%! !#$% !#$% peice of donkey #~!%!!!


    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    138

    Re: how to cope over a nasty loss

    Drank. A lot. And then some more.

  3. #23
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: how to cope over a nasty loss

    "digital420" wrote:
    i sat back.. rolled myself a wooler and thought..


    ugg.. longwell.. you !#$%! !#$% !#$% peice of donkey #~!%!!!


    DiGiTaL
    Then your thoughts were misguided. Longwell isn't the one to blame for our lose. Plenty of blame to go around.

    Had the offense got us into a position to score earlier in the game & suceeded without turning the ball over, we wouldn't have to have attempted a last 2nd 52 yard FG. We didn't score enough before that or play good ball control.

    Turnovers, sloppy play & penalties killed us.

    How can anyone have watched all 4 quarters of play, then lay the blame on our loss on Longwell's last seconds FG miss.

    Boggles the mind.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #24
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,560

    Re: how to cope over a nasty loss

    "singersp" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    i sat back.. rolled myself a wooler and thought..


    ugg.. longwell.. you !#$%! !#$% !#$% peice of donkey #~!%!!!


    DiGiTaL
    Then your thoughts were misguided. Longwell isn't the one to blame for our lose. Plenty of blame to go around.

    Had the offense got us into a position to score earlier in the game & suceeded without turning the ball over, we wouldn't have to have attempted a last 2nd 52 yard FG. We didn't score enough before that or play good ball control.

    Turnovers, sloppy play & penalties killed us.

    How can anyone have watched all 4 quarters of play, then lay the blame on our loss on Longwell's last seconds FG miss.

    Boggles the mind.
    well.. ok i phrased that wrong..

    i don't blame the game on longwell.. i do think that had he made that FG everyone would have a different point of view towards the game.. we would be saying how we faught for the win.. maybe even praising the D and ST's play and riding TJack a bit instead of upset and picking apart individual performances.

    As a team on O we were slow, moving yet slow.. to get over that we had the scoring D.. our ST was doing great and i was ready to celebrate are win.. when i was forced to have 2 saftey meetings and shots of tequilla to get over the # of curses that came out of my mouth when longwell hit the xbar..

    that's how i got over it.. but shouldn't of had 2

    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  5. #25
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: how to cope over a nasty loss

    "digital420" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    i sat back.. rolled myself a wooler and thought..


    ugg.. longwell.. you !#$%! !#$% !#$% peice of donkey #~!%!!!


    DiGiTaL
    Then your thoughts were misguided. Longwell isn't the one to blame for our lose. Plenty of blame to go around.

    Had the offense got us into a position to score earlier in the game & suceeded without turning the ball over, we wouldn't have to have attempted a last 2nd 52 yard FG. We didn't score enough before that or play good ball control.

    Turnovers, sloppy play & penalties killed us.

    How can anyone have watched all 4 quarters of play, then lay the blame on our loss on Longwell's last seconds FG miss.

    Boggles the mind.
    Where is your reply?
    :-

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  6. #26
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,560

    Re: how to cope over a nasty loss

    "singersp" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    i sat back.. rolled myself a wooler and thought..


    ugg.. longwell.. you !#$%! !#$% !#$% peice of donkey #~!%!!!


    DiGiTaL
    Then your thoughts were misguided. Longwell isn't the one to blame for our lose. Plenty of blame to go around.

    Had the offense got us into a position to score earlier in the game & suceeded without turning the ball over, we wouldn't have to have attempted a last 2nd 52 yard FG. We didn't score enough before that or play good ball control.

    Turnovers, sloppy play & penalties killed us.

    How can anyone have watched all 4 quarters of play, then lay the blame on our loss on Longwell's last seconds FG miss.

    Boggles the mind.
    Where is your reply?
    :-\
    check it now
    ; )
    (lost internet for a moment)

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  7. #27
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,271

    Re: how to cope over a nasty loss

    "digital420" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    i sat back.. rolled myself a wooler and thought..


    ugg.. longwell.. you !#$%! !#$% !#$% peice of donkey #~!%!!!


    DiGiTaL
    Then your thoughts were misguided. Longwell isn't the one to blame for our lose. Plenty of blame to go around.

    Had the offense got us into a position to score earlier in the game & suceeded without turning the ball over, we wouldn't have to have attempted a last 2nd 52 yard FG. We didn't score enough before that or play good ball control.

    Turnovers, sloppy play & penalties killed us.

    How can anyone have watched all 4 quarters of play, then lay the blame on our loss on Longwell's last seconds FG miss.

    Boggles the mind.
    Where is your reply?
    :-\
    check it now
    ; )
    (lost internet for a moment)
    It would have not changed my opinion about the sloppy play, but I would have been happier with the win. I said before the game they would go after Griffin & they marched down the field on him. Whitaker was part of that as well.

    Two things I have to give credit for, you touched on one of them. Special teams & kickoffs. Special teams were above what I expected on kickoffs & punts, by not giving up tons of yards on returns.

    When was the last time you saw Longwell boot one deep enough into the endzone, that the opponents took a knee & started on the 20? That was a bright spot for me.

    They need to re-group, put this game behind them, watch the film, correct their mistakes & comeback next week & take out Kansas City.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  8. #28
    vikesbest98's Avatar
    vikesbest98 is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    22

    Re: how to cope over a nasty loss

    Personally it may be wrong but i pick the game apart as much as possible and find a way to blame the officiating.
    I will admit our play was sloppy at best.
    Defense did what they do and i give them credit for that.
    We need to work on our pass coverage.
    Offense again needs to really step it up Tarvaris was just tossing the ball around.
    he made a few good plays but he needs some help.
    BUT mostly i blame the refs for the awful calls that 3rd down "roughing the passer" call was crap.
    Also we were getting called for offensive holding quite a bit but i didnt see them getting called for some of the blatant holds they were applying.
    All in all alot needs to be done but once again another season and the judgement of the "officials" is being questioned by me.

  9. #29
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: how to cope over a nasty loss

    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    Your missing the point. She has a really WIIIDE mouth. You know, with DSL'S and everything.
    This is a good thing!

  10. #30
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,180

    Re: how to cope over a nasty loss

    "singersp" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "digital420" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=digital420 link=topic=37933.msg638497#msg638497 date=1190016139]
    i sat back.. rolled myself a wooler and thought..


    ugg.. longwell.. you !#$%! !#$% !#$% peice of donkey #~!%!!!


    DiGiTaL
    Then your thoughts were misguided. Longwell isn't the one to blame for our lose. Plenty of blame to go around.

    Had the offense got us into a position to score earlier in the game & suceeded without turning the ball over, we wouldn't have to have attempted a last 2nd 52 yard FG. We didn't score enough before that or play good ball control.

    Turnovers, sloppy play & penalties killed us.

    How can anyone have watched all 4 quarters of play, then lay the blame on our loss on Longwell's last seconds FG miss.

    Boggles the mind.
    Where is your reply?
    :-\
    check it now
    ; )
    (lost internet for a moment)
    It would have not changed my opinion about the sloppy play, but I would have been happier with the win. I said before the game they would go after Griffin & they marched down the field on him. Whitaker was part of that as well.

    Two things I have to give credit for, you touched on one of them. Special teams & kickoffs. Special teams were above what I expected on kickoffs & punts, by not giving up tons of yards on returns.

    When was the last time you saw Longwell boot one deep enough into the endzone, that the opponents took a knee & started on the 20? That was a bright spot for me.

    They need to re-group, put this game behind them, watch the film, correct their mistakes & comeback next week & take out Kansas City.
    [/quote]

    Good point about Longwell kicking deeper this game so I cannot be that mad at him. Our offense really needs to get it together or Farve and the Packers are going to destroy us.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Steelers' former radio announcer Myron Cope dies
    By Zeus in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 09:11 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 01:47 PM
  3. Things getting nasty in Detroit
    By COJOMAY in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-11-2006, 07:50 PM
  4. MOVED: Steve Hutchinson: A touch of nasty
    By ultravikingfan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2006, 12:08 PM
  5. Steve Hutchinson: A touch of nasty
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-09-2006, 09:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •