Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 56 of 56
  1. #51
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: How Close to a Title Are the Vikings? Not as Close as You Think

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=52747.msg981808#msg981808 date=1250172617]
    [quote author=BleedinPandG link=topic=52747.msg981783#msg981783 date=1250165054]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=52747.msg981776#msg981776 date=1250164076]
    Thanks for the read My Sexy Little Pixie.

    Despite a top-five pass rush, last year�s Vikes finished No. 16 in defensive passer rating. That�s more bad news: Of the 39 teams who�ve won the Super Bowl, just four have allowed their opponents to pass the ball with comparable efficiency.
    The average Super Bowl team finishes between No. 6 and No. 7 in scoring defense. The average champion finishes a bit better than No. 5. Eighty-two percent of teams that are good enough to make the title game finish in the top 10.

    Last year�s Vikings finished No. 13. Respectable? Certainly. Title-worthy? Not really.

    Simply shamefull that we are that low, especially with our DL.
    Anyone still think Leslie would make a great HC?


    Lets not forget, our Defensive Leader missed 13 games last year.
    He's only 1 player, I understand that, but that position was abused all year long by Opposing Offenses.

    As for Leslie, I haven't really seen him do anything to deserve a HC shot.
    Until we can force an O into a pass only mode because of our stout run defense and then absolutely close the door on the O's passing game with pass breakups, sacks, and INTs... what has he done other then drive the bus?
    I hear ya on the injury to EJ issue, however, even our QB's came through to a point when it came to injuries, not sure why we should have that big of a drop off when it comes to our MLB.

    Long story short, just not buying it.
    Coaches across the league overcome issues like that.
    Why the hell can't ours?
    EJ Henderson to Napo shouldn't be that much of a drop off? From our defensive leader to some has been off the streets? Come on Marrdro, you know how important a Mike is, especially ours...

    I think we are saying the same thing, sortof.
    Of course I know how important the "Mike" is and I also know that a dude we swept up off the street was gonna be a dropoff.
    My issue isn't that, its that they didn't have a better option going into the gol 'darnit season.

    One would think they would have had a backup that could have stepped up that was on the fricken roster.

    Lol marr you are so frickin crazy

    I cant name a team that could overcome a lose like that

    We had to bring in DT and Napo and give Harron a shot

    Had we not been knicked up I feel it would have been better

    Oh and Farwell is that good!
    [/quote]
    I'm fricken crazy cause I expect our staff to have depth behind starters?
    WOW.
    Color me crazy then.
    :
    [/quote]

    I think this team is as deep as it's been in many many years
    .
    The only real questions I have is OL depth and QB.
    I think the STs are better.
    The LB and DB crew looks nice.
    Deep at RB.
    Even there WR crew looks decent.
    My only issue with them is they may not have a true #1.
    But each player is pretty solid with skill.
    The DL is as stacked as it can be.
    Guion and Grigsby look good.
    We know what Robison can do.
    [/quote]

    I agree. The FO has given us fans and the coaching staff a once in 15-20 year level of talent to watch and I am going to set aside all of my reservations about the coaching staff and start with a clean slate. This has the potential to be the best team we have seen in 10-20 years. The Defense looks to be as good as it has been since Dungy's first season and the D-line is as strong as it has been since the days of Millard, Doleman and Co. Add Peterson, Harvin, Berrian etc and we might have some fun this year boys and girls.

  2. #52
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: How Close to a Title Are the Vikings? Not as Close as You Think

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I agree. The FO has given us fans and the coaching staff a once in 15-20 year level of talent to watch and I am going to set aside all of my reservations about the coaching staff and start with a clean slate. This has the potential to be the best team we have seen in 10-20 years. The Defense looks to be as good as it has been since Dungy's first season and the D-line is as strong as it has been since the days of Millard, Doleman and Co. Add Peterson, Harvin, Berrian etc and we might have some fun this year boys and girls.
    Holy crap.
    I'm knocked out by this post.
    Are you coming up for the opener?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  3. #53
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: How Close to a Title Are the Vikings? Not as Close as You Think

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I agree. The FO has given us fans and the coaching staff a once in 15-20 year level of talent to watch and I am going to set aside all of my reservations about the coaching staff and start with a clean slate. This has the potential to be the best team we have seen in 10-20 years. The Defense looks to be as good as it has been since Dungy's first season and the D-line is as strong as it has been since the days of Millard, Doleman and Co. Add Peterson, Harvin, Berrian etc and we might have some fun this year boys and girls.
    Holy crap.
    I'm knocked out by this post.
    Are you coming up for the opener?

    =Z=
    Hell, if you like that one you should read my other posts from yesterday and today.

    As to the home opener- I want to. It all depends on how progress on the house we are working on and our new showroom goes.

  4. #54
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: How Close to a Title Are the Vikings? Not as Close as You Think

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I agree. The FO has given us fans and the coaching staff a once in 15-20 year level of talent to watch and I am going to set aside all of my reservations about the coaching staff and start with a clean slate. This has the potential to be the best team we have seen in 10-20 years. The Defense looks to be as good as it has been since Dungy's first season and the D-line is as strong as it has been since the days of Millard, Doleman and Co. Add Peterson, Harvin, Berrian etc and we might have some fun this year boys and girls.
    Holy crap.
    I'm knocked out by this post.
    Are you coming up for the opener?

    =Z=
    Hell, if you like that one you should read my other posts from yesterday and today.

    As to the home opener- I want to. It all depends on how progress on the house we are working on and our new showroom goes.
    Have one of the city employees drive you up in the towns limo or fly you up in the lear jet, Marrion Berry style!
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  5. #55
    MVIKING7's Avatar
    MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    347

    Re: How Close to a Title Are the Vikings? Not as Close as You Think

    Keep in mind that this opinion is coming from only one pre-season game. From what I saw, Sage looked every bit as comfortable behind center as a QB should be. The running game is simply phenominal (factoring in Ian Johnson...love this kid), offensive line will most definitely gel, receivers (Berian better be ok) will make a statement. Defensively, our run stopping will be no different then it has been, only thing suspect will be pass defense, and I think that will improve too. My guess.....Superbowl 2011 (2010 season) is not out of reach! I liked what Sage showed me against Indy.

  6. #56
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: How Close to a Title Are the Vikings? Not as Close as You Think

    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I agree. The FO has given us fans and the coaching staff a once in 15-20 year level of talent to watch and I am going to set aside all of my reservations about the coaching staff and start with a clean slate. This has the potential to be the best team we have seen in 10-20 years. The Defense looks to be as good as it has been since Dungy's first season and the D-line is as strong as it has been since the days of Millard, Doleman and Co. Add Peterson, Harvin, Berrian etc and we might have some fun this year boys and girls.
    Holy crap.
    I'm knocked out by this post.
    Are you coming up for the opener?

    =Z=
    Hell, if you like that one you should read my other posts from yesterday and today.

    As to the home opener- I want to. It all depends on how progress on the house we are working on and our new showroom goes.
    Have one of the city employees drive you up in the towns limo or fly you up in the lear jet, Marrion Berry style!
    LMAO

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. Vikings and Redskins close to deal for McNabb
    By pro1ml in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 08-01-2011, 04:24 AM
  2. Vikings close to signing Detmer
    By Purple D in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 11-07-2007, 07:33 PM
  3. Vikings close ... but oh so far
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-26-2007, 11:15 PM
  4. Vikings: Coach says offense is close
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-01-2006, 06:09 AM
  5. Vikings franchise close to being sold....
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-19-2005, 08:38 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •