Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

How Close to a Title Are the Vikings? Not as Close as You Think

[size=13pt]How Close to a Title Are the Vikings? Not as Close as You Think[/size]

by Marino Eccher
    bleacherreport.com

Whatever the Minnesota Vikings are putting in the Kool-Aid this offseason, it sure goes down smooth.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: How Close to a Title Are the Vikings? Not as Close as You Think

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]How Close to a Title Are the Vikings? Not as Close as You Think[/size]

by Marino Eccher
    bleacherreport.com

Whatever the Minnesota Vikings are putting in the Kool-Aid this offseason, it sure goes down smooth.....
    Thanks for the read Singer.
    It's great how some people go through great legnths to make a point yet they publish wrong statistics.
    First of all how are there only 39 superbowl winners?
    Secondly what defense have allowed a 7.93 passer rating?
    Also 78 superbowl participants?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks for the read my friend.

Despite a top-five pass rush, last year’s Vikes finished No. 16 in defensive passer rating. That’s more bad news: Of the 39 teams who’ve won the Super Bowl, just four have allowed their opponents to pass the ball with comparable efficiency.
    The average Super Bowl team finishes between No. 6 and No. 7 in scoring defense. The average champion finishes a bit better than No. 5. Eighty-two percent of teams that are good enough to make the title game finish in the top 10.

Last year’s Vikings finished No. 13. Respectable? Certainly. Title-worthy? Not really.

Simply shamefull that we are that low, especially with our DL.
    Anyone still think Leslie would make a great HC?

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

If we improve our pass D just a bit, and get a little consistency at QB we will take that next step. These things are easily attainable. We are a few plays away, and in a game a couple plays is what makes the difference.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the read My Sexy Little Pixie.

Despite a top-five pass rush, last year’s Vikes finished No. 16 in defensive passer rating. That’s more bad news: Of the 39 teams who’ve won the Super Bowl, just four have allowed their opponents to pass the ball with comparable efficiency.
    The average Super Bowl team finishes between No. 6 and No. 7 in scoring defense. The average champion finishes a bit better than No. 5. Eighty-two percent of teams that are good enough to make the title game finish in the top 10.

Last year’s Vikings finished No. 13. Respectable? Certainly. Title-worthy? Not really.

Lets not forget, our Defensive Leader missed 13 games last year.
    He's only 1 player, I understand that, but that position was abused all year long by Opposing Offenses.

As for Leslie, I haven't really seen him do anything to deserve a HC shot.
    Until we can force an O into a pass only mode because of our stout run defense and then absolutely close the door on the O's passing game with pass breakups, sacks, and INTs... what has he done other then drive the bus?
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

He's only 1 player, I understand that, but that position was abused all year long by Opposing Offenses.

Until we can force an O into a pass only mode because of our stout run defense and then absolutely close the door on the O's passing game with pass breakups, sacks, and INTs... what has he done other then drive the bus?
    Lets not forget, our Defensive Leader was there the year before and we didn't fare much better.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Lets not forget, our Defensive Leader was there the year before and we didn't fare much better.
    God, you're a Negative Nancy.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

That's Debbie Downer.
    Totally different.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

No not an immediate contender..but a better than most wanna realize.
    a Team that you overlook and could flat out crush ya the past 2 NFC representatives in the Super Bowl have found that out.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast