Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 40 of 40
  1. #31
    313zoe is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    237
    Blog Entries
    1

    How can they fixing NFLs worst secondary

    Hire Zimmer and draft Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA, or another defensive player and draft a QB in tha second round we need a LB bad and we can spend in free agency

  2. #32
    PInfante97 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Jersey Shore, Twitter - @pinfante97
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by 313zoe View Post
    Hire Zimmer and draft Anthony Barr, OLB, UCLA, or another defensive player and draft a QB in tha second round we need a LB bad and we can spend in free agency
    we can spend... but will we?

  3. #33
    2beersTommy's Avatar
    2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,764
    doubtful, past history shows we wait until the over priced FAs sign elsewhere, then we choose from the "left overs"..who usually are not worth squat.

  4. #34
    PInfante97 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Jersey Shore, Twitter - @pinfante97
    Posts
    136
    yeah we need a corner bad tho, with allen and k will off the books, we should just get someone proven to pair with rhodes... enough already with trying to dip into the draft... i.e. asher allen, josh robinson, chris cook ect

  5. #35
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    doubtful, past history shows we wait until the over priced FAs sign elsewhere, then we choose from the "left overs"..who usually are not worth squat.
    Agreed.. Sick of this shit. This team for whatever reason just doesn't get it.

  6. #36
    2beersTommy's Avatar
    2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,764
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Agreed.. Sick of this shit. This team for whatever reason just doesn't get it.
    that makes 2 of us that are sick of it. frustrating as hell.

  7. #37
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,426
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    I think they need to sign a younger free agent CB and try to get their QB of the future in the draft. If they move up a few spots in the draft, they still can still get a guy like Manziel or Bortles. Need to get the QB situation fixed, and quick..
    Quarterbacks do not usually get fixed quickly. Even Peyton Manning had a rough first season. Brees was already a veteran when the Saints got him. Rodgers and Brady got to sit - playing behind some pretty good quarterbacks.

    Having high expectations in the first two seasons of a starting quarterback is a low percentage call. It is similar at cornerback; they do not show all they can be until they are seasoned in the NFL.

  8. #38
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    Quarterbacks do not usually get fixed quickly. Even Peyton Manning had a rough first season. Brees was already a veteran when the Saints got him. Rodgers and Brady got to sit - playing behind some pretty good quarterbacks.

    Having high expectations in the first two seasons of a starting quarterback is a low percentage call. It is similar at cornerback; they do not show all they can be until they are seasoned in the NFL.
    Or they can go the route of Luck and Wilson and contend right away. Either way, they need to address it now. They have fucked it up since Culpepper got traded.

  9. #39
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,426
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Or they can go the route of Luck and Wilson and contend right away. Either way, they need to address it now. They have fucked it up since Culpepper got traded.
    Luck is flashy, but his numbers are not.

    The Vikings should have drafted Rodgers when Culpepper was here. NFL teams that miss drafting high rated quarterbacks because they already have a starter are short sighted. I said so then; I say so now.

    The Vikings coaches had to know that Culpepper went through progressions slowly and was bailed by Randy Moss. Blitzing a Mossless Vikings showed Culpepper's weaknesses.

  10. #40
    Minniman's Avatar
    Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,426
    Fix the secondary with good coaching and good players. Playing five to seven yards off will not get it done. Playing soft zones will not get it done. Using the same old rush schemes will not get it done. Cast-offs and late round picks will not get it done.

    Pressure protects the secondary; coverage protects the linemen. Cover, pressure, play the ball, and tackle.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •