Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    drakkar is online now Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by PInfante97 View Post
    dont think there is a corner that will or should go in the top 10.. .so that would be a reach too...

about 5 pretty good corners are free agents, thinking signing one of them might be a better move

8 is a wierd pick for us the value there might end up being a Anthony Barr, who is a much better fit in a 3-4, or a WR like Sammy Watkins which dont really fit us right now... So should be interesting.. maybe trade back
    8th pick is the crap pick this year, I think if Dennard test well he will be a top 10 pick.. I agree that trading back would make the most sense

PInfante97 is offline Rookie
    good thing we won those extra couple of games and tied vs green bay down the stretch when the season was lost anyway... NOT!!!

there are good CB's to sign that are proven and we got the money. We picked a winner in Rhodes, lets just sign one rather then take a chance... then that position is solid... hell if you wanna reach a little sign a CB and draft Ha Ha Clinton Dix now we got a very good secondary
    Last edited by PInfante97; 01-08-2014 at 11:00 AM.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    Robinson will be fine... his problem was learning on the fly playing the slot. which is the hardest spot in the secondary.... I think we have some young talent in the secondary, but we need a better safety and a slot corner to make it better.
    Robinson played poorly the year before also. He has speed but rarely contests a pass because he is frequently out of position.
    I hope he comes around but I don't think it's going to happen.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Robinson played poorly the year before also. He has speed but rarely contests a pass because he is frequently out of position.
    I hope he comes around but I don't think it's going to happen.
    I guess we'll see. He was a rookie last year but played better later in the year... then they changed his position... so there is def. a learning curve.. hopefully a new coach can get the best out of him.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    I guess we'll see. He was a rookie last year but played better later in the year... then they changed his position... so there is def. a learning curve.. hopefully a new coach can get the best out of him.
    Your right, he did play better toward the end of the year, so I guess there is hope. He does have excellent speed, so maybe a new coach will be what he needs.

Your right, he did play better toward the end of the year, so I guess there is hope. He does have excellent speed, so maybe a new coach will be what he needs.
    even still do you want robinson to be anymore then your back up outside guy? still need a CB2 and a nickle corner

oh and a safety, DE, DT, LB, new defensive coordinator.... and a head coach

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Alan Williams
    yes. our dc. guess I should have been more specific
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    It seems to me the single most important thing to do is fix the coaching staff and the scouting department. We have without a doubt picked enough talent over the past decade at spots in the draft that should have given us a solid secondary. I think a combination of not picking the proper guy at the spot we draft and then not putting the talent in the right position to win.

If we don't fix that part of the equation then it doesn't matter who we draft or sign in FA.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    I'm not sold on Robinson at all... So he has speed, who cares? Troy Williamson had speed as well, how did that go? You have to get better players in order to be better as a whole. Chris Cook is a prime example, he has the size and speed, he just doesn't have the ability.

I think they need to sign a younger free agent CB and try to get their QB of the future in the draft. If they move up a few spots in the draft, they still can still get a guy like Manziel or Bortles. Need to get the QB situation fixed, and quick..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast