Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

How can they fixing NFLs worst secondary

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter
    They can start by releasing Chris Cook and Josh Robinson

What is really sad is that the Vikings have not had a good secondary since Tony Dungy was the defensive coordinator
    Last edited by VikingsFan1234; 01-06-2014 at 10:11 AM.

PInfante97 is offline Rookie
    Smith and Rhodes are very good start... but need more then 2 guys and yes our secondary has always been an issue... kinda tired of it

the sick thing is that if we improve our secondary what we going to do to maintain out pass rush? Think about how bad our defense was this year then keep in mind we need to replace Jared Allen and Kevin Williams.... Its like the worst get worse... It would be foolish not to bring back Kevin Williams and have him play NT... Really how you going to makte the leagues worst D better when you are starting off by losing 2 border line hall of fame players? It isnt like these guys weren't producing...

VikingsFan1234 is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by PInfante97 View Post
    Smith and Rhodes are very good start... but need more then 2 guys and yes our secondary has always been an issue... kinda tired of it

the sick thing is that if we improve our secondary what we going to do to maintain out pass rush? Think about how bad our defense was this year then keep in mind we need to replace Jared Allen and Kevin Williams.... Its like the worst get worse... It would be foolish not to bring back Kevin Williams and have him play NT... Really how you going to makte the leagues worst D better when you are starting off by losing 2 border line hall of fame players? It isnt like these guys weren't producing...
    I have been tired for it for many years, I miss a good secondary

PInfante97 is offline Rookie
    Im 35, been following the Vikings since the mid/late 80's rarely in my time have i saw the Vikings with anything but a terrible secondary... enough is enough and its time for a change

313zoe is online now Starter
    Blog Entries

How can they fixing NFLs worst secondary

Draft any of these CB's Justin Gilbert, Darqueze Dennard, Ekpre-Olomu, or Marcus Roberson and let Cook walk and use that money to sign Alterraun Verner, Aqib Talib, Sam Shields, Brent Grimes, or Vontae Davis any of these CB's. Would be nice to have

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I say sign Kerry Rhodes. No reason guy is unemployed except that he is gay.
    Take a look at Tillman. Hurt the Bears by taking their best corner. Play Robinson but for god sakes do not play him in the slot. He looked great on the outside.

A Defensive backfield of Smith - Rhodes - Rhodes and Tillman looks pretty good.

Suick is offline Pro-Bowler
    I liked what I saw in Shaun Prater at the end of the season. Then again, anything is an upgrade from Cook(ed).
    I've been a Viking fan since I was just out of diapers, hopefully we get Super Bowl win before I go back in 'em.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Suick View Post
    I liked what I saw in Shaun Prater at the end of the season. Then again, anything is an upgrade from Cook(ed).
    For sure…and, the Cook(ed) is PERFECT!

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Getting rid of Cook and Robinson is a good start. Luckily Cook is a free agent and if the Vikings aren't completely stupid, he is already gone.

How about Sam Shields of the Packers? He is a free agent and GB has a lot of free agents to worry about. Shields is a good DB that could fit in nicely here. I think the Vikings need to get a nice mixture of youth and veteran. You can't be a very good defense when you have all younger guys in your secondary. They need to focus on getting a franchise QB in rd 1 of the draft, then they can go defense and OL the rest of the way..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast