Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: How big of a distraction was Randy?

When Moss was with the Vikes we had a chance to win every game, now we have lost his services and I am not saying that the trade shouldn't have happened, only trying to make a point. If you want to go back on every one of my posts so be it, but Whack I have not been lambasting the trade all off season and such. I have read how it is better without him, we are now a team, we lost a big distraction, and so on and so on. I guess what I am saying is that for every reason we traded Randy, we have not bettered the team and I HONESTLY thought the Vikes coehesiveness would be much better this season!!

I still think that there is a very legitiment chance that the Vikes will make the playoffs if they can get their act together.

Cheers!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Man I don't like to bring up Randy but i've been thinking too much about the trade.. Man did we get shafted.. We got rid of him to get rid of distractions? Yah sure but look at whuts been going on the last few years.. Too many DWI's, fights and things like that.. Now we lose a gamechanging player to a player who doesn't even start anymore and a rookie.. gol 'darnit it.. I'm not sure where im going with this so im gonna stop I just needed to vent a little I suppose
    I never believed the whole distraction argument anyways.***

Randy pissed someone off behind the scenes and they were going to get rid of him. That is my opinion, I have no proof, but I am sticking to it. Big shell game, it was easy to pin it on the Actions of Randy. But once again, I think it was personal. Because it didn't even make sense from a business point of view.***

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"FuadFan" wrote:
    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Man I don't like to bring up Randy but i've been thinking too much about the trade.. Man did we get shafted.. We got rid of him to get rid of distractions? Yah sure but look at whuts been going on the last few years.. Too many DWI's, fights and things like that.. Now we lose a gamechanging player to a player who doesn't even start anymore and a rookie.. gol 'darnit it.. I'm not sure where im going with this so im gonna stop I just needed to vent a little I suppose
    The rookie however does have the same ammount of TDs as the guy he was helping to replace with a lot less playing time in all four games. As for Harris we can just hope that he either wakes up and gets motivated by this benching or that he can help by doing all those things that Newman used to do and contribute that way. We were also never going to get equal value for Moss in a trade so there's no point talking about that we got Harris from them there was probably no other defensive player that would have been better since I like that we got Smoot instead of Woodson and his 10 million dollar franchise tag.

Good points Fuad.. I really like Williamson.. However RIGHT NOW.. RIGHT NOW.. Williamson doesn't open up the running game for us.. And doesn't demand a double team.. However in the futrue I see that happening.. The trade also cleared up some caproom for us so that helped.. But i'm still questioning the trade.. I need rehab or something :lol:

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

having no randy will be the problem with our team until we start to win. its as simple as that. giving away the best WR in the league cannot help your offense.
    We're bringing purple back.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

I knew this was going to come up :roll:

I put it on the coaches. It's on their heads to keep the players in line, no one elses.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Yah having Randy would help.. But it isn't all that.. We need to start playing as a team.. And the coaches need to make up new schemes..

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"jackyl" wrote:
    They've been erratic.... Randy being here just gave the media one guy (for the most part) to focus on.
    That is not always a bad thing is it.

One guy knows it is his job to distract the media. A lot easier than having the media frenzied to try and find crap all the time.

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

Yes, the whole situation is indeed very ironic. You get rid of your best player because he's a "distraction", talk a bunch of kaka about "team spirit" and then start out the season by beating wives, fighting in the bars and a friggin boat orgy. No really, great job, Viking organization!

Anyways, the trade was F*CKING STUPID. <--- note the period.

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

If the Vikings win on Sunday, all this talk will be of little thought and we can start to move on, right? Well that has been my attitude since the trade, however with all the attention the Vikes are receiving off the field I am just getting thouroughly sick of saying "we're in the weak NFC and we're going still finish first".

I am a Viking fan and will NOT change that, however I want the organization to be respected around the league and not the laughing stock it is right now.

The problem that I have is, why in the New England era of the NFL can the Vikings just not get it right, I feel like we have beaten cancer and now we have a freakin' heart condition, why are the Vikes always looked at as a joke? I know that Zygi is going to turn this stuff around, maybe we are just getting rid of Red's mess, and just maybe that mess was way uglier then we all know.

Cheers!

I am going out on a limb here, but I am guaranteeing a win Sunday, I think the boat thing may have pissed Tice off enough that he will stop being a lovey-dovey goof and start coaching!! I have ripped Tice a new a$$ hole quite a bit lately, I am now convinced that some of the players are social rejects and not big team guys, I sincerely feel for the guy. No joke.

Del Rio Guest

There was a whole lot of change in this organization. I doubt Ziggy supports the actions.

Everyone knew it would take time, why is no one giving it time?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast