Page 1 of 13 123 11 ... LastLast
    CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

How big of a distraction was Randy?

This is not to say that if Randy was still here, the Vikings wouldn't have these public relation nightmares, but the word distraction is certainly open for discussion. Why is it we trade the best WR in the game today to eliminate distractions and then 2005-2006 season roles around amid controversy from almost every distraction.

1)The Wizzinator
    2)K-Will and his wives situation
    3) The gas bar brawl. LOL
    4) Boat Orgy
    There are few DWI's as well!

So as Vikings fan, I am pissed at these paricular players for putting themselves ahead of the team, we pay their salaries, and what are we getting in return?

Atleast with Randy Moss we had a stud at his position, a face for the Vikes, and a good chance to win every week!!

Sorry for the rant, but I have held my tongue regarding Randy all offseason and up until now, but for heavens sake, the Vikings have NOT been so erratic on and off the field in say 8 YEARS!!

I do not blame this situation on us trading Moss, but for the reasoning to be because he posed a distraction, I just find it rather ironic, don't you?

Cheers!

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Re: How big of a distraction was Randy?

They've been erratic.... Randy being here just gave the media one guy (for the most part) to focus on.

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

Which in turn, took the heat off of the team, right. Sorry I am not bitter about the trade, I am bitter as to how it was portrayed to the fans.

Del Rio Guest

I blame the coaching staff for a total lack of control with the players. True they are rich men, but they are employed. The coach is the boss.

That being said, I have never said Randy was a distraction. I simply don't like the guy, as a player. I personally think that the events going on right now are worse then anything he ever did off the field. Like I said though I would contribute that to bringing in too many ego's letting go of some blue collar guys and a total collapse in leadership and coaching.

On a personal level there needs to be no justification to me for the trade. On a team level the excuse they gave is pretty ironic now considering the current events.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I blame the coaching staff for a total lack of control with the players. True they are rich men, but they are employed. The coach is the boss.

That being said, I have never said Randy was a distraction. I simply don't like the guy, as a player. I personally think that the events going on right now are worse then anything he ever did off the field. Like I said though I would contribute that to bringing in too many ego's letting go of some blue collar guys and a total collapse in leadership and coaching.

On a personal level there needs to be no justification to me for the trade. On a team level the excuse they gave is pretty ironic now considering the current events.
    Great post DR

michaelmazid is offline Team Alumni

"CanadaViking" wrote:
    This is not to say that if Randy was still here, the Vikings wouldn't have these public relation nightmares, but the word distraction is certainly open for discussion. Why is it we trade the best WR in the game today to eliminate distractions and then 2005-2006 season roles around amid controversy from almost every distraction.

1)The Wizzinator
    4) Boat Orgy

So as Vikings fan, I am pissed at these paricular players for putting themselves ahead of the team, we pay their salaries, and what are we getting in return?

Atleast with Randy Moss we had a stud at his position, a face for the Vikes, and a good chance to win every week!!

Sorry for the rant, but I have held my tongue regarding Randy all offseason and up until now, but for heavens sake, the Vikings have NOT been so erratic on and off the field in say 8 YEARS!!

I do not blame this situation on us trading Moss, but for the reasoning to be because he posed a distraction, I just find it rather ironic, don't you?

Cheers!
    Red traded Randy to make a point. Randy was a distraction but not as bad as all of us thought.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"CanadaViking" wrote:

1)The Wizzinator
    4) Boat Orgy

Cheers!

Canadaviking, I do not disagree with your post, only the part that says that you have held your tongue all off season. Come on man, you have been lambasting the trade all off season, all preseason and so far all the regular season.

I will not say that trading Randy was not justified, the people he pissed off were high in the organization. And his antics cost him his job here.

You can not do things like walk on a bus and call corporate sponsors names and tell them to get out of your seat. Those people are local business leaders and you need their support for things like stadiums and business ventures and selling tickets.

To say Randy never embarrassed the Vikes is not true.

The meter maid and weed incident.

Having a tirad before the Giants game in the NFC championship.

Saying I play when I want to play.

Squirting an official with a water battle.

Yelling at coaches and other players on the sidelines.

The what is a 15,000 dollar fine to somebody like me.

walking off the field early.

Mooning the Green Bay fans (I thought it was funny)!

Granted these are not as bad as the boat incident but they still are an embaressement and I am sure I forgot a few.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

All I can say about it is atleast guys like TO and Moss didn't cause the media to speculate that other people besides themselves did stupid stuff.

Moss is kinda a loner. So when he did something, you could point the finger right at him.

When TO does something, you can say that was stupid TO, why did you do or say that.

If you are trying to compare it to the boat thing, it has brought every viking and the organization in the forefront, it is a bright and shiney stain.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Man I don't like to bring up Randy but i've been thinking too much about the trade.. Man did we get shafted.. We got rid of him to get rid of distractions? Yah sure but look at whuts been going on the last few years.. Too many DWI's, fights and things like that.. Now we lose a gamechanging player to a player who doesn't even start anymore and a rookie.. Damn it.. I'm not sure where im going with this so im gonna stop I just needed to vent a little I suppose

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Man I don't like to bring up Randy but i've been thinking too much about the trade.. Man did we get shafted.. We got rid of him to get rid of distractions? Yah sure but look at whuts been going on the last few years.. Too many DWI's, fights and things like that.. Now we lose a gamechanging player to a player who doesn't even start anymore and a rookie.. Damn it.. I'm not sure where im going with this so im gonna stop I just needed to vent a little I suppose
    The rookie however does have the same ammount of TDs as the guy he was helping to replace with a lot less playing time in all four games. As for Harris we can just hope that he either wakes up and gets motivated by this benching or that he can help by doing all those things that Newman used to do and contribute that way. We were also never going to get equal value for Moss in a trade so there's no point talking about that we got Harris from them there was probably no other defensive player that would have been better since I like that we got Smoot instead of Woodson and his 10 million dollar franchise tag.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Page 1 of 13 123 11 ... LastLast