Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ChezPizmo is offline Coordinator

Re: How bad is our defense really? compare the stats

Our D was really rather good. We made turnovers when it was needed and for the most part, made stops when it was needed also. Now with all these coaching moves and player signings soon to come, we should have one of the better, if not the best, D in the league.
    [size=11pt]"The only thing better than food & football is maybe Brett Favre."

[size=8pt]

-John Madden on Thanksgiving while on "Mike & Mike In The Morning"

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

I agree that our defense would have been ranked higher, but they still showed signs of the 21st ranked defense against the Ravens. I totally agree with the gameplan to make Boller beat you, but by the second half when he is still ripping you up, there has to be some kind of adjustment. That has to be on the coaches. Why does it seem like the subpar QBs always have career games against Vikes Defense?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Way more important is turnover ratio and scoring defense...plus the fact that the teams in the middle of the rankings are all bunched up pretty tightly anyway!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

At this point, I am not concerned with where our defense ranked last year. I am looking forward to how our defense ranks next year with the Tampa 2... I mean Viking 2 Defense.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

Everybody talks about how continuity is important and use this to argue that that defese will rank better next season. The defense is getting a new head coach, new coordinater, new position coaches, new defensive system, likley a new saftey, new linebacker(s), and brian willimas is likely gone. This is not a team with a lot of continuity.

jwicks is offline Waterboy

I still think our defense needs work everyone talks about how improved it was in the second half of the season but that is also when we played teams not going to the playoffs. When we played playoff teams or contenders early in the year they didnt do so well and when we really needed them, i.e. against baltimore and pittsburgh they werent that impressive. I do think they'll be much better next year with a better running game to eat up clock, and hopefully a top notch linebacker. Plus if Kevin Williams can be healthy and return to form that will make our defense all the much better.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

well after the switch there'll be continuity for a long time now...
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

PurplePumpkin is offline Pro-Bowler

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    At this point, I am not concerned with where our defense ranked last year. I am looking forward to how our defense ranks next year with the Tampa 2... I mean Viking 2 Defense.
    I'm so excited about next year! Ya you bet it's going to take sometime to get the scheme in place, but hell we got a bunch smart players. Childress ain't wasting time with his new coaching staff. We got the cap room and a owner not afraid to use it. It's been to many years since we had a owner that seems to care about this franchise as much as the fans! Our future is looking bright!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12