Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

how to avoid jinxes...

So this is my first suggested new topic. I'm not sure the correct protocol, but here goes nothing.

I have a problem...jinxes on my Vikings hats. My lucky hat had an unfortunate accident...you know how every Minnesotan worth their salt knows not to leave full closed pop cans (that's soda to non-Minnesotans) in the car during the winter? Apparently every Southerner knows you shouldn't leave 'em in your car during the summer...go figure.

Needless to say, I need a new hat. I'm worried because I've had some bad luck with other hats. One (the funny felt one with horns and yarn braids) is insanely bad luck when I wear it...I can't remember what year, but I got the hat as an early xmas present...I wore it during the games that day. We had three or four different ways to make the play-offs and we didn't make it. It's actually really good luck when someone else wears it...I made my roommate wear it for the first game Moss played in Lambeau (he looked like a total dork, but that game was beautiful...)

Soooo, to make a long post longer, how do you ensure your new Vikings paraphernalia is not jinxed? Is there any way to break a jinx (not that I really want to wear the felt hat)?

Del Rio Guest

Re: how to avoid jinxes...

I have an idea, you will need

1 bottle of moose piss, it needs to be bull moose urine, but you need to get it fresh.

1 Topps Jerry Burns card.

2 jars of sea monkeys

1 coat hanger

and

a standard screwdriver

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

funny, i had the same problem with my culpepper jersey and madden 2004.

whenever, i dont care what time or place, but when i played madden 2004 during the week before a game we lost. no exaggeration, we lost every single one of those games. what i did= trashed it.

for my culpepper jersey we had lost all of our games previously i wore the jersey. i thought what the heck, and i wore it during the wildcard game. :grin: we know how that ended.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

When your hat is no longer purple from being faded by the sun, it is not jinxed!

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I have an idea, you will need

1 bottle of moose piss, it needs to be bull moose urine, but you need to get it fresh.

1 Topps Jerry Burns card.

2 jars of sea monkeys

1 coat hanger

and

a standard screwdriver
    I don't think they have moose in Tx...how about I just send you the hat and you take care of it...

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

my favorite viking's hat was the first one I ever got, i got it when i was 7 for my birthday. this was well before my first jersey so every sunday my dad would tell me to wear my hat so the vikings would have good luck (even though he's a Bungles fan). That was the 98 season and the only regular game we lost was the game i didnt wear the hat. Then, one terrible day my dog got ahold of that holy purple grail and you can guess what happens next, and you can guess what happened on that day to the vikes. I cried my eyes out and then when my dad told me the next morning that the vikes lost and wouldn't be in the superbowl i cried again... i still have all the tatters of that hat in a ziplock bag.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"vikes09" wrote:
    funny, i had the same problem with my culpepper jersey and madden 2004.

whenever, i dont care what time or place, but when i played madden 2004 during the week before a game we lost. no exaggeration, we lost every single one of those games. what i did= trashed it.

for my culpepper jersey we had lost all of our games previously i wore the jersey. i thought what the heck, and i wore it during the wildcard game. :grin: we know how that ended.
    i had the opposite problem. when i didnt play the team in madden that the vikes were suppose to play, we lost.

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    my favorite viking's hat was the first one I ever got, i got it when i was 7 for my birthday. this was well before my first jersey so every sunday my dad would tell me to wear my hat so the vikings would have good luck (even though he's a Bungles fan). That was the 98 season and the only regular game we lost was the game i didnt wear the hat. Then, one terrible day my dog got ahold of that holy purple grail and you can guess what happens next, and you can guess what happened on that day to the vikes. I cried my eyes out and then when my dad told me the next morning that the vikes lost and wouldn't be in the superbowl i cried again... i still have all the tatters of that hat in a ziplock bag.
    that's a really sad story. i don't think the loss is only your fault...i forgot to put my lucky purple fleece in the dryer the night so i couldn't wear it.

i wonder if jinxes add up and/or cancel each other? like if i would've worn the fleece that day, would that have canceled the loss of your hat? hmmm...

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

we can only imagine...

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"GreenBaySlackers" wrote:
    So it was you!

:lol:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast