Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

How 2010 Being an Uncapped Year Can Help the Minnesota Vikings Now

With the way that things stand right now between the league and the NFLPA, the 2009 season might be the last NFL season that will be played with a salary cap.
    The two sides still haven't hammered out an agreement that goes beyond the end of the current Collective Bargaining Agreement.
    That means that the 2010 season would be an "uncapped" year.
    Now, the Vikings wouldn't be in any real trouble financially because of this, I don't think.
    Each team gets a significant amount of money from the TV contracts that the league has with the networks, so teams would at least be able to cover their team's salaries and things of that nature. . .but what other effects could this potentially have, specifically for the Minnesota Vikings?
    http://www.dailynorseman.com/2008/10...ng-an-uncapped
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: How 2010 Being an Uncapped Year Can Help the Minnesota Vikings Now

is it good?

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

If we have to wait that long to get our futureboy and then spend 3 years developing him we are in big trouble and we also just wasted a whole shitload of FA money to bring these guys in for nothing.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    If we have to wait that long to get our futureboy and then spend 3 years developing him we are in big trouble and we also just wasted a whole shitload of FA money to bring these guys in for nothing.
    Ya, I bet the Falcon fans and Ravens fans are pissed they gotta watch those to cats learn on the field this year.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:

We don't have to spend 3 years developing a QB. Draft a solid one and let them play. Stop dumpster diving for divison 1AA players and wasting picks on them. Or coaching staff( yes marr the coaching staff is included in the drafting decision) seems to love drafting unknowns with potential, when we have a problem developing potential. We have yet to develop a player in Chilly's reign that wasn't already a stud. AD was/is a stud from day 1 in college. I won't give chilly's staff credit for that. In fact thanks to Chilly an company, he seems more hesitant in the back field on plays he should be hitting the hole with force.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Ya, I bet the Falcon fans and Ravens fans are pissed they gotta watch those to cats learn on the field this year.

;D
    I was being sarcastic. that was just the popular answer for TJ since he was brought here.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

;D
    Marr, who do you like that may come out this year at QB?

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    ;D
    I don't know any of them as I don't follow college ball, but in a thread I started some of the college scouting buffs have me convinced there are 2 or 3 nice ones coming out that I wouldn't mind seeing in the mix.

Mark Sanchez, Southern California
    Sam Bradford, Oklahoma

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

We don't have to spend 3 years developing a QB. Draft a solid one and let them play. Stop dumpster diving for divison 1AA players and wasting picks on them. Or coaching staff( yes marr the coaching staff is included in the drafting decision) seems to love drafting unknowns with potential, when we have a problem developing potential. We have yet to develop a player in Chilly's reign that wasn't already a stud. AD was/is a stud from day 1 in college. I won't give chilly's staff credit for that. In fact thanks to Chilly an company, he seems more hesitant in the back field on plays he should be hitting the hole with force.

We will not sign a QB capable of starting successfully in his first year.

When oh when are people going to realize that is a rarity & not the norm?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:

;D
    I don't know any of them as I don't follow college ball, but in a thread I started some of the college scouting buffs have me convinced there are 2 or 3 nice ones coming out that I wouldn't mind seeing in the mix.

Mark Sanchez, Southern California
    Sam Bradford, Oklahoma
    Im not a huge fan of Sanchez or Bradford although they have pro size.
    I am a fan of Byu's QB. Seems to play bigger than he is but is playing against lessor talent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast