Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

How Is 08/09 season any different than 07/08

Stopping the run...looking at the Vikings....opponents come in saying STOP the Run and you will beat the Vikings...will this be any different this year
    I know BB is available but that isnt enuff

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: How Is 08/09 season any different than 07/08

Yeah, you're right.
    It's exactly the same.
    Drink the kool aid before the meteorite kills us all.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Our defense has improved significantly with JA...at least on paper
    TJack is another year progressed/experienced.
    Rice is one more year experienced - and made yet another sweet catch in TC on Saturday.

All in all, I don't expect them to be greatly improved, but it's hard to believe that with all the additions, and few subtractions that we wouldn't be a better team than last year.

I don't see a Super Bowl in 08', but my guess is we'll make a healthy playoff run... Save the SB for 2009 season once we've already silenced the critics, Childress haters, and TJack haters in 2008.
    We don't want to take too much on in one single season; better to spread it out.
    ;D

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

there's a few things

(assuming that McKinney doesn't miss too much time)

THe O line will have one more year together, making a more cohesive unit.
    Some of the best lines in the game have played together for years, hopefully ours can turn into one of those lines.

TJ:
    Make or break for him.
    I liked what I saw at SOME points last season.
    Hopefully he can work on that an eliminate those awful games that singlehandedly lost us some games (first lions game)

Berrian and Rice:
    Rice looked great at times, but he's still young.
    him progressing and maybe even becoming TJ's go to reciever, will be huge for our team.
    He can catch the ball anywhere, when
    BB stretches the field.
    Teams will have to respect the pass and not stack the box every play, clearing room for:

AD/CT:
    If AD works on his pass protetection, maybe Childress won't pullhim on passing downs, making for a less predictable offense.
    I'd like to see some plays with both CT and AD in the backfield at the same time, maybe in a split back formation, or even the wishbone!

DLine:
    Allen helps more than you think.
    Instead of bringing an extra 15.5 sacks with him, be draws teh double team, opening up the other players.
    Expect K-Will to approach the double digits for the first time in over 3 years.
    Pat will get a few by just overpowering his guy, Edwards/Mitchell/Robision will also benefit from never being doubled.
    A better pass rush will make the qb rush/force throws, ending in more picks and knockdowns.

Secondary:
    Madieu helps in a few ways.
    FIrst, his pass coverage is pretty good.
    secondly, he's better tahn dwight smith, so Sharper won't have to help cover his ass, letting him do what he needs to on his side, instead of trying to cover the whole deep end of the field.
    I'd like to see Sharper back up to 5 picks this year, and I can see it happening

LB: linebackers are another year older, meaning another year of experience.
    I don't think Leber will ever get any better, he may start to decline in the next few years, but Greenway could very well have a pro bowl calibre season this year.
    EJ will have another great year, and hopefully some of the young guys can get in and show what they've got.
    I'm excited to see Rufus finally play, I think he might just be a pretty good player.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    Stopping the run...looking at the Vikings....opponents come in saying STOP the Run and you will beat the Vikings...will this be any different this year
    Well, it's one year later, for one thing.

The economy is in the shitter, gas is more expensive, Jessica Alba had a baby and Madonna likes to snoggle ARod's Louisville Slugger.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

"Zeus" wrote:
    "soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    Well, it's one year later, for one thing.

The economy is in the shitter, gas is more expensive, Jessica Alba had a baby and Madonna likes to snoggle ARod's Louisville Slugger.

=Z=
    everything is more expensive!!
    i'm married
    (to a greek girl who's now a ViKiNG fan!!)
    AD isn't a rookie
    our speed WR can catch the ball
    we have
    a pass rush

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

I don't know. Maybe more people starting threads with annoying posts?
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

I liked I bleeds responses, Now if i ever see the wishbone in the pros I wll flip(in a good way) just to imagine CT/AD at the top of the bone daring 9 and 10 men fronts that would be heaven....AD taking the pitch in full stride on the corner, grinning from ear to ear...dont think it will ever happen, but it is nice to dream

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    I liked I bleeds responses, Now if i ever see the wishbone in the pros I wll flip(in a good way) just to imagine CT/AD at the top of the bone daring 9 and 10 men fronts that would be heaven....AD taking the pitch in full stride on the corner, grinning from ear to ear...dont think it will ever happen, but it is nice to dream
    Doesn't that directly contradict your first post of this thread?
    Just admit it, you love AD and hate Tarvaris Jackson and probably the Chiller too because he doesn't do what you saw them do in the big 12.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"soonerbornNbred" wrote:
    Not that dream.
    The Wishbone will NOT work in the pros.
    There's a reason it's never been run, and that ain't because no coach has ever thought about it.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast