Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Hovan's Game Report Card Grade???

Did anyone tape the Texans game? If you did would you be willing to make a copy and send it to me? I'll pay for the tape, shipping and your time!! Let me know, I only got the first 3 quarters cuz I had the damn standard play recording instead of standard long play!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

"whackthepack" wrote:
    I am not the stat keeper and I said in earlier post that Hovan was a bigger factor on that play. But it was only 1/2 a sack and he did not have any other tackles or assts.

He did ahve a better game but lets see how it goes, Martin had a good enought game to deserve the start.
    Was that the sack that The Fat Man pointed out Johnstone forced Carr out of the pocket (it was collapsing) towards Hovan? I'm not detracting from Hovan's sack, because he stayed in position and when Carr tried to run through one of Hovan's lanes, THAAAAAWHACK!!!! :evil4:
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    I am not the stat keeper and I said in earlier post that Hovan was a bigger factor on that play. But it was only 1/2 a sack and he did not have any other tackles or assts.

He did have a better game but lets see how it goes, Martin had a good enough game to deserve the start.

I admitted that Hovan had a better game, but he is not yet back to what he was and I think Martin did have a better game than Hovan.

I think he does deserve the start and I would like to see both play at a high level. It would make this team that much better and we will need them both for a drive to the Superbowl!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

RubensteinD53 is offline Waterboy

defending #99

Let's sum up Hovan's role in two words. JIM BURT. Now I understand that the Vikings have a 4 man front. But 3-4 or 4-3 is the same in this situation if every offense has to dedicate 2 offensive linemen to block him. Not a back out of the backfield and a lineman...two lineman. Hovan is a natural nosetackle anyways. Pissed off was he when Tice told him he would be getting less snaps?..damn right...a little Parcells motivation...read any book by Lawrence taylor or Jim Burt and you'll see that they went throught the same thing with the Tuna when they were playing for him in New York. If it were me, I piss off Hovan every week.

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: defending #99

"RubensteinD53" wrote:
    Let's sum up Hovan's role in two words. JIM BURT. Now I understand that the Vikings have a 4 man front. But 3-4 or 4-3 is the same in this situation if every offense has to dedicate 2 offensive linemen to block him. Not a back out of the backfield and a lineman...two lineman. Hovan is a natural nosetackle anyways. Pissed off was he when Tice told him he would be getting less snaps?..damn right...a little Parcells motivation...read any book by Lawrence taylor or Jim Burt and you'll see that they went throught the same thing with the Tuna when they were playing for him in New York. If it were me, I piss off Hovan every week.
    Rubenstein, welcome to the board. Nice take. :thumbleft:
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: defending #99

"hovan" wrote:
    "RubensteinD53" wrote:
    Rubenstein, welcome to the board. Nice take. :thumbleft:

See this article for more insight on what a player like Hovan adds to the Vikes DL:

http://msn.foxsports.com/story/3074974
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123