Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

Hovan's Game Report Card Grade???

I give him a C+ - B-... Hovan made a couple of great plays when he was in. :thumbright: What do you guys think? Is he waking up or on a continued downward spiral? The D line seem to play much better. Did Udeze stay at home this game? I paid more attention to the goofs by the O line, but the D seemed better...

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/5025859.html

Skol Vikings!!! :cheers:
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

sitandbehitski is offline Asst. Coach

Hovan played better because he had less snaps. I hope it's a regular things as the fresh rotation made all our DT's play better. (Steve Martin even looked good.) Although we might not 'cause Tice and Hovan had a shouting match in practice when he told Hovan he was getting less snaps.
    I may be an a$$, but at least I m a smart one

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

"sitandbehitski" wrote:
    Hovan played better because he had less snaps. I hope it's a regular things as the fresh rotation made all our DT's play better. (Steve Martin even looked good.) Although we might not 'cause Tice and Hovan had a shouting match in practice when he told Hovan he was getting less snaps.
    Hmmmmm... Shouting at the Coach :shock: Not a smart thing to do if you want playing time! :roll:

As a whole unit, this game the D line seemed to stay at home and there were a number of points where the pocket was collapsing, but Carr fired the ball off. They still "met at the quarterback" a few times, as evident by Carr writhing on the turf yelling for a trainer to change his tampon... :clown: Skol Vikings!!! :cheers:
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I agree, Hovan a B-... I think the difference is taking less snaps, it was either a wake up call, or just the fact that he now gives more effort when he is in the game. Overall the DL played well, they were able to pressure Carr with just the linemen, which is a good sign.

Daunte played exceptional, even though he was under constant pressure. I think the OL had trouble blocking the 3-4... They just never knew who the extra pash rusher would be (which I guess is what the 3-4 is all about).

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

CanuckVike is offline Starter

I give Hovan a B. I watched the game again on tape and he was definitely in the mix a lot more than in previous games...even with reduce play time. I think it was good what Tice did. He needed a little boot in the ass to get going. Also, with his pressures and key half-sack at the end, I'm sure that will get him "hungry" again...I think he lost a lot of confidence in the last dozen games.
    8ed0c24a99f7e44be7931aa4afb7bd88

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

I think the Offense helped the Dline alot. The time of possesion in the first half was awesome. Let our boys rest. Those three and outs..or quick scores put the defense back on the field in a hurry.

Don't know about grades...but He had the game saving play at the end. Go VIKINGS!!
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

I will admit I liked using seven players on the dee-line it kept the players fresher.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Del Rio Guest

Why hasn't whack chimed in on this yet?

I think Hovan did better because the rest of the line did better Udeze said he would maintain his discipline and I assume he did.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Why hasn't whack chimed in on this yet?

I think Hovan did better because the rest of the line did better Udeze said he would maintain his discipline and I assume he did.

I posted on another thread, but my feeling is that Tice should not have started Hovan to keep his streak alive. I thought that Hovan was more of a factor in this game than he has been in a long time, the threat of losing his starting spot had him motivated.

Here comes the BUT, Steve Martin was the better player on the day!

Even on Hovan's sack at the end of the game 1/2 sack Hovan and 1/2 sack Martin for that play (but Hovan was the bigger factor on that play). I saw Martin at least twice push the guard back into Carr and he was holding his position or pushing the guard into Houston's backfield.

I would have to say I would start Martin next week, and till Hovan that he has to earn his way back to the starting job!

I know some people are not going to like this thats why I have not been posting on this thread.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Del Rio Guest

I agree with you on this one.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast