Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Hovan is overrated

Especially the dumbass from New Britain, CT...of course, he probably thinks that only New England teams have the best players...what a homer. I knew back when Daunte was in college that he had the tools to make it in the NFL and he has proven to do just that...what burns me up the most is all those who think that McCrab is better than Pep. This season will go a long way to prove that Pep is indeed underrated, not overrated.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Hovan is overrated

For all you Hovan Haters. This is what Mike Tice had to say in his press conference today. So he is still doing things right as I had said previously tackle and sacks do not count for a 100% of his performance. We all know he needs to step it up but he doesn't suck as bad as you all think.

Q: Talk about Chris Hovan.
    A: Hovan graded out very well. We need him now to take it another level this week, grade out well and make more plays. But he did his job. Now we need more production. He improved from the first week, markedly. He graded out a 1.81, which is an excellent grade. (He was) in his gap, holding two, chasing the ball. Now we'd like to see the numbers go up, and if he can take that consistent performance because that's what the grades give us, consistency of performance. It doesn't give you an extra plus for a big play or anything like that. (If he can) take that consistence performance and make more plays, then we're getting somewhere. He improved. I think #95 (Kenechi Udeze) is going to be a really good player. I really do. I'm a little disappointed in some of the play of the other guys. I think Darrion Scott is going to get better each and every week. I thought Kevin (Williams) played very well. He had one mistake early in the game. He chased the ball really well. Steve Martin has his role. He's going to hold down two guys and bat down balls. Maybe he can play beach volleyball in the off-season too. So we're getting there. We'll be better this week. We get Kenny Mixon back. We lost 60-something tackles when we lost Kenny Mixon, so now we get Kenny back. He'll add some juice to the mix this week. But there was some improvement there. There was some improvement there.

Del Rio Guest

Hovan is overrated

I figured he did his job last week. You could tell they were coached to maintain the gap and not over shoot. I think they were so scared of running too deep and Mcnab taking off that they just got their three yards deep and maintained leaving him plenty of time to throw.

Nice post thanks red

little redhead is offline Asst. Coach

Hovan is overrated

No problem. He may not like I have said have the stats the last couple years and yes they want him to produce a little more as he should be he is still doing the majority of the things they want him to do or are asking him to do.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Hovan is overrated

"ndakvikefan" wrote:
    After watching last night I figured out what Hovans problem is. Remember when he had his good season ? He was shooting through the line and making plays. Now everyone says he is double-teamed, well he is on almost every play, but if you keep watching you will figure it out as I did. Since he is so quick he is double teamed immediatly, but as soon as he is slowed down one of the blockers leaves and helps elsewhere. After Hovans initial burst is stopped most O-linemen in the league handle him easily. Philly did this alot last night. Hovan is not big enough to push on big O-Linemen like Kevin Williams can. I think the Vikes should move Scott or play Steve Martin at tackle and maybe move Hovan to DE where he can use his speed more and maybe avoid being slowed up by the double team. Teams don't need to double him very long just long enough to slow him, so when you hear he is doubled all the time he usually is but just not for very long.
    I think you're right. Before the 2003 season, people evaluating the Vikings training camp said they thought Hovan was quicker off the line than just about every defensive lineman in the league. But teams notice that and so they double team him. So he has great burst but hits a brick wall. I still think he's an asset to our defense and we should keep him. The other players need to step up and make teams pay for double teaming him. It's not his fault he can't always beat the double team.

As Udeze matures, and once Mixon gets back our line will improve a lot I think. Mixon coming back will actually be big.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Hovan is overrated

I noticed HOvans burst against the Cowboys, but it seemed to fade as the game went on. And I didn't really see much last game.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Hovan is overrated

"little redhead" wrote:
    For all you Hovan Haters. This is what Mike Tice had to say in his press conference today. So he is still doing things right as I had said previously tackle and sacks do not count for a 100% of his performance. We all know he needs to step it up but he doesn't suck as bad as you all think.

Q: Talk about Chris Hovan.
    A: Hovan graded out very well. We need him now to take it another level this week, grade out well and make more plays. But he did his job. Now we need more production. He improved from the first week, markedly. He graded out a 1.81, which is an excellent grade. (He was) in his gap, holding two, chasing the ball. Now we'd like to see the numbers go up, and if he can take that consistent performance because that's what the grades give us, consistency of performance. It doesn't give you an extra plus for a big play or anything like that. (If he can) take that consistence performance and make more plays, then we're getting somewhere. He improved. I think #95 (Kenechi Udeze) is going to be a really good player. I really do. I'm a little disappointed in some of the play of the other guys. I think Darrion Scott is going to get better each and every week. I thought Kevin (Williams) played very well. He had one mistake early in the game. He chased the ball really well. Steve Martin has his role. He's going to hold down two guys and bat down balls. Maybe he can play beach volleyball in the off-season too. So we're getting there. We'll be better this week. We get Kenny Mixon back. We lost 60-something tackles when we lost Kenny Mixon, so now we get Kenny back. He'll add some juice to the mix this week. But there was some improvement there. There was some improvement there.
    Good POST!!!

Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

Hovan is overrated

Overrated by whom? It seems like almost everyone here (except hovan) thinks that Hovan sucks. I don't, but it looks like it will take alot of good plays by Hovan to change most people's minds. This week is a good time to start changing people's minds, at least I hope Hovan feels that way.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Hovan is overrated

Can not remember when he made a difference in a game, somebody that the team needs to count on he has not produced!

Give him 1 more game and if he doesn't start playing better bench him start Steve (wild and crazy guy) Martin and bring Hovan off the bench.

Maybe that will motivate him.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Hovan is overrated

Sounds like a good plan...Tice are you listening?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast