Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    cavking is offline Training Camp

Hovan is overrated

Hovan has to be the most over rated player in the league. The past two years he hasn't showed me anything. Last year I figured he was getting double teamed alot. From the games I have seen both last year and so far this year Hovan has been blocked one on one and is unable to get any pressure in the backfield. It makes me knid of sick to see what Fred Robbins is doing now for the Giants, I knew we should of kept the Wake Forest boy.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Hovan is overrated

Dunno about Fred, but Hovan has been playing pretty poor. No excuses for him this year.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

DoubleDown11 is offline Pro-Bowler

Hovan is overrated

I totally agree, HOvan is in a contract year, DO NOT resign him and Bring back Jerry Ball, at least that fat ASS plugged up the middle!
    something witty and comical... followed by genuine sarcasm.

BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator

Hovan is overrated

It's only week two guys, but I agree! If he doesn't start doing something then we've gotta get rid of this guy. As much as it pains me to say that, it's true.
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Hovan is overrated

Time will tell with Hovan...he has at least earned the right to bury himself this year or dig himself out of a deep hole or something like that.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

chubchub is offline Rookie

Re: Hovan is overrated

"cavking" wrote:
    Hovan has to be the most over rated player in the league. The past two years he hasn't showed me anything. Last year I figured he was getting double teamed alot. From the games I have seen both last year and so far this year Hovan has been blocked one on one and is unable to get any pressure in the backfield. It makes me knid of sick to see what Fred Robbins is doing now for the Giants, I knew we should of kept the Wake Forest boy.
    Last year Hovan was in Sport's Illustrated's top 5 over rated list (So was Daunte). They both need to step up or we need to make a change.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Hovan is overrated

I dont think daunte was in the top five overated. i think you are making that up. Cully had a pro bowl year and is bound for another this year.

Ill give hovan a few more weeks to do something before i say he shouldnt be around here anymore.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Del Rio Guest

Hovan is overrated

I watched Hovan last night a lot. Just watched what he did. He actually got double teamed a LOT.

Now I am not a supporter of Hovan, I think he underachieves big time, but he did a good job last night IMO. I watched him break a double team and get a hand on Mcnabb and he was workin.

It's not like he wasn't trying. This is a young D-line. I think he fits in ok, but for the record since I made a comment in another post Hovan was double teamed a whole bunch last night.

Williams wasn't and if any one stunk it up I'd vote for him.

Udeze recorded his first sack, and against a great QB.

Hovan is overrated

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I watched Hovan last night a lot. Just watched what he did. He actually got double teamed a LOT.

Now I am not a supporter of Hovan, I think he underachieves big time, but he did a good job last night IMO. I watched him break a double team and get a hand on Mcnabb and he was workin.

It's not like he wasn't trying. This is a young D-line. I think he fits in ok, but for the record since I made a comment in another post Hovan was double teamed a whole bunch last night.

Williams wasn't and if any one stunk it up I'd vote for him.

Udeze recorded his first sack, and against a great QB.

I though Williams played well aganst the run. I dont care who does it or how we do it we need a pass rush a soild pass rush, will help create turnovers, witch we are lacking in compaired to last year.
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

Del Rio Guest

Hovan is overrated

I don't think our lack of ints is coming from the D-line it is the secondary. they play too far back. Last year the D was set up to let the safties raom and they made a lot of plays. This year they seem to be in a more structured plan.

I haven't been impressed at all by Cotrells defensive schemes. I guess we will see what he can do for rex grossman. Better snag him up on your fantasy team lol :lol:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast