Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hovan Inactive?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Hovan Inactive?

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Nope, it was the legendary Charles Martin, a guy we make fun of nowadays, which I think you will be doing with Hovan ten years from now.
    LOS,

I think your first post was pretty accurate, but I don't know if we will make fun of Hovan. I won't! When he played wel for us, he was great. He just doesn't have it. Maybe he is sick of football and just isn't being honest with himself. Maybe he is a product of Roids then and No-Roids now. We will probably never know. He just doesn't have the drive. When he came on the team, he was encouraged and was trying to live up to his peers accomplishments on the Vikings D-line, now, he isn't getting the help and motivation up, he was to give the help and motivation to the young players. He just doesn't have it in him now.

Like I said, I like Hovan. I wish him well at what ever he wants to do. I just don't think he really has the drive to succeed at this point. The motor that never quits might have some engine problems in the brain or muscles???

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Hovan Inactive?

"dan3ski" wrote:
    I agree April the sceen is fast disappearing in the NFL and it can stop a good pass rush much better than a delayed draw which hardly ever works.
    We have done it once in the last 3 games. That is not enough.

Del Rio Guest

Hovan Inactive?

The screen is becoming less and less apparent in the NFL because it isn't as effective as it has been in the past. Faster D-linemen feel the OL shift and take the proper pursuit angles faster.

Also there really is no need to run screens. Tackling is poor, and QB's are taking just about anything they want down field with passing being an emphasis this year where as last year it was run run run.

I like screens but I feel they are becoming less effective. As far as the Vikings go they may have pulled the screens back because we have a patchwork line and they don't want to confuse the youngins with pull schemes.

Who knows, hard to tell what the OC is thinking half the time.

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Hovan Inactive?

All of the injuries to the o-line is a good point but I think that alot of younger o-linemen just can't pull off the acting job as the screen is not done alot in collage ball.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Hovan Inactive?

"vikings_fan66" wrote:
    I dont really care who is in there....as long as we start to shut down the run.
    It doesn't matter who's in there, they make the opposing team Running Backs look like Barry Sanders.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

bender_over is offline Rookie

Hovan Inactive?

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Nope, it was the legendary Charles Martin, a guy we make fun of nowadays, which I think you will be doing with Hovan ten years from now.
    Ten years from now?

Try right now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123