Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hovan Inactive?

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Hovan Inactive?

I will give this to you...there is no one on the Vikings that Packer fans are happier to see crash and burn, even moreso than Moss.

Even though Moss has been a Packer-killer and has his own little assortment of personality quirks that make him a target by the fans of teams that don't have him on their roster, you can't help but respect his stats and what he brings to the table (kind of like Favre to everyone else).

But Hovan bordered on unstable, and the weird crap he pulled trying to drape himself on Favre so he could be a part of the Randle-Favre or Sapp-Favre legendary rivalries was sad.

The hanging of the Favre jersey in his locker was probably the point where he went from character to caricature....a parody of the image he tried so hard to create based on the success of someone else.

Favre respected Randle. Favre respected Sapp. He respected how they played on the field, not all the yapping they did off of it.

As much as Favre's whole persona screams "hillbilly", Hovan's persona screamed "white trash".

In the 80's, a Packer named Charles Martin bodyslammed Bears quarterback Jim McMahon. As much as Packer fans cheered the concept, in the end, we realized Martin was nothing more than a thug, and we were better off without him.

As much as you've cheered Hovan for trying to take Favre down a notch, its pretty obvious right now where the score between the two stands. To Favre, Hovan is a non-entity, and soon, he will be that on the field, too.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Hovan Inactive?

We didn't ask you! jk

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Hovan Inactive?

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    I will give this to you...there is no one on the Vikings that Packer fans are happier to see crash and burn, even moreso than Moss.

Even though Moss has been a Packer-killer and has his own little assortment of personality quirks that make him a target by the fans of teams that don't have him on their roster, you can't help but respect his stats and what he brings to the table (kind of like Favre to everyone else).

But Hovan bordered on unstable, and the weird crap he pulled trying to drape himself on Favre so he could be a part of the Randle-Favre or Sapp-Favre legendary rivalries was sad.

The hanging of the Favre jersey in his locker was probably the point where he went from character to caricature....a parody of the image he tried so hard to create based on the success of someone else.

Favre respected Randle. Favre respected Sapp. He respected how they played on the field, not all the yapping they did off of it.

As much as Favre's whole persona screams "hillbilly", Hovan's persona screamed "white trash".

In the 80's, a Packer named Charles Martin bodyslammed Bears quarterback Jim McMahon. As much as Packer fans cheered the concept, in the end, we realized Martin was nothing more than a thug, and we were better off without him.

As much as you've cheered Hovan for trying to take Favre down a notch, its pretty obvious right now where the score between the two stands. To Favre, Hovan is a non-entity, and soon, he will be that on the field, too.
    As a fan, I cannot change the way a certain player prepares for a game. if that means hanging the opposing teams jersey in his locker, so be it. There have been much more stranger rituals.
    Just ask Browns and steeler fans about the jinx and how they even had dirt from the stadium shipped in......

Apparently, it didn't work for Hovan as he was inactive today. I don't think thats the reason for his poor performance the past two seasons though.

Great win by the Vikings today.
    Good to see Randy Moss, the best receiver in the NFL back on the field and catching a TD.

LOTGK

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Hovan Inactive?

Los I thought it was Harris that screwed up McMahan's shoulder after the play.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Hovan Inactive?

Nope, it was the legendary Charles Martin, a guy we make fun of nowadays, which I think you will be doing with Hovan ten years from now.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Hovan Inactive?

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    Nope, it was the legendary Charles Martin, a guy we make fun of nowadays, which I think you will be doing with Hovan ten years from now.
    I think he'll be long forgotten by then....

Caine

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Hovan Inactive?

This should have been done 5 weeks ago and we did not miss him at all!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Hovan Inactive?

Well if Hovan is inactive for the next game I think it is reasonable to assume he will not be resigned by the Vikings.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Hovan Inactive?

"mark" wrote:
    Im glad you said that because i thought they said bennett was inactive.But since bennett will play a little im going to guarantee he will break a long run even if he gets only one carry
    Mark,

I was hoping for the same, but he didn't get more than one touch. I think Tice is putting him on the shelf. I would like to see a few more screens using Bennett.

OH WELL!

Hovan Inactive?

I agree April the sceen is fast disappearing in the NFL and it can stop a good pass rush much better than a delayed draw which hardly ever works.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast