Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44
  1. #11
    dan3ski's Avatar
    dan3ski is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    878

    Hovan Graded Well

    My personal thinking is that Hovan is being used like Moss keeping the other teams attention on him so the others can do thier jobs. I want to know what the other D-linemen are doing I do not see them putting up good numbers but perhaps the plan is to stop the run. Remember Catrell coached in the AFC so he is seeing alot of teams he might not have seen before.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

  2. #12
    little redhead is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    638

    Hovan Graded Well

    Somewhat my thought. He may be becoming more of a role player. I would rather have someone being consistant and staying in his gap and taking up a guy or two and if someone else gets the big play great. If everyone blew their coverage and made mistakes just to go for the tackle or a sack where would we be. So maybe he is just trying to be the reliable one who will stay where he is suppose to if it means missing the big play oh well. Who knows I have no doubt he will get some production as Mike Tice stresses he wants from Chris but like I said there is still 14 games left and I have no doubt he will make some tackles and other stuff that will show in the statistics and if he doesn't have the numbers then they will have to evaluate if his doing the other things well enough make him valuable enough for the team but I am guessing they will wait til the end of the year to evaluate that. Like you mentioned though no one on the d-line yet has incredible numbers but no one seems to be bitching about them. Of course they do have at least a couple tackles but no where to put them on par yet with last year. Perhaps after like his fifth defensive coodinator since he has been here it is taking Chris a few games to get it all together.

  3. #13
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Hovan Graded Well

    True, little redhead. Hovan may end up being the Gary Larson of the new Purple People Eaters. Part of the mix, but just not the Hall of Famer. Someone had to be that player on every one of the great defensive front fours throughout history. That person usually didn't have as big a mouth as Hovan, but who really cares if they get the job done as a unit. As long as Hovan grades well throughout the season, his personal tackle and sack totals will probably not matter too much (as long as others do collect those sacks and tackles). The good thing about that would be that his agent would not have inflated sack and tackle totals to use as leverage against the Vikings come negotiation time. The Vikes could end up paying less for Hovan when contract time comes around. Paying fair market value for a steady, solid performer who could still have flashes of brilliance might work in the Vikings' favor re: salary cap management.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  4. #14
    hovan's Avatar
    hovan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,903

    Hovan Graded Well

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    It has to be a motivation ploy cause Hovan was a non factor on Monday night and has been for over a year. Can not remember when he made a difference in a game, for being somebody that the team needs to count on he has not produced!

    Give him 1 more game and if he doesn't start playing better bench him start Steve (wild and crazy guy) Martin and bring Hovan off the bench.
    :evil:
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    10

    Hovan Graded Well

    do you think the vikes are gonna sign both hovan and Brian williams next year? Who would you rather have?

  6. #16
    pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    582

    Hovan Graded Well

    williams and resign claiborne,and kelly cambell,dixon
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

  7. #17
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Hovan Graded Well

    "hovan" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    It has to be a motivation ploy cause Hovan was a non factor on Monday night and has been for over a year. Can not remember when he made a difference in a game, for being somebody that the team needs to count on he has not produced!

    Give him 1 more game and if he doesn't start playing better bench him start Steve (wild and crazy guy) Martin and bring Hovan off the bench.
    :evil:

    You can give me the evil-look or the evil-eye, but it does not change the fact that he has not been a major force or a factor in a game for a long time.

    I am a Viking fan and no one player is the Vikes, not Moss, Cpep, Hovan.
    They have had great players before these players, and will have great players after some of these guys are in the Hall of Fame. I enjoy the players while they are here, but when a player is supposed to be a major factor at a crucial position and he is not getting the job done, it might be time to look elsewhere for answers.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  8. #18
    hovan's Avatar
    hovan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,903

    Hovan Graded Well

    "whackthepack" wrote:
    "hovan" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    It has to be a motivation ploy cause Hovan was a non factor on Monday night and has been for over a year. Can not remember when he made a difference in a game, for being somebody that the team needs to count on he has not produced!

    Give him 1 more game and if he doesn't start playing better bench him start Steve (wild and crazy guy) Martin and bring Hovan off the bench.
    :evil:

    You can give me the evil-look or the evil-eye, but it does not change the fact that he has not been a major force or a factor in a game for a long time.

    I am a Viking fan and no one player is the Vikes, not Moss, Cpep, Hovan.
    They have had great players before these players, and will have great players after some of these guys are in the Hall of Fame. I enjoy the players while they are here, but when a player is supposed to be a major factor at a crucial position and he is not getting the job done, it might be time to look elsewhere for answers.

    I'm a viking fan as well, and not of just one player like, Moss, Cpep, and Hovan. Hovan is however my favorite Viking on the team right now.

    When the vikings were losing many a game a couple years back and certain players were quitting or pouting on the sideline because the season was in the tank, one player showed that he had the fire and desire to play all four quarters moreso than the others. That player looked like a Viking and played like a Viking should. That same player is on the field every game and playing his heart out. Yes, he has not produced overated defensive numbers that stat mongers get off on. "Favray has two superbowl rings, therefore HE IS GOD." Stats are often misleading and Packer fans as well as other fans often base their smack off of them.

    Hovan has not been shedding his blocks as well as he used to. But does that mean that Steve Martin can shed blocks better? Is Steve martin going to be able to rush the passer more effectively than Hovan? Maybe so. Do I want to see Martin in the game if the team will produce better? You better believe it. So when I give you the :evil:, its because I disagree that Martin is a better player than Hovan. I disagree that the defense is all Hovan's fault. I disagree that Testaverde had over 300 yards passing because Hovan needs to be replaced. I disagree that the Vikings lost the game to the Eagles because Hovan was in the game. I disagree that the Vikings lost last december because of Hovan.

    If there is a more skilled player at his position..than plug that player in, but Steve Martin is a run blocker, not a pass rusher. :naka:
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

  9. #19
    hovan's Avatar
    hovan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,903

    Hovan Graded Well

    you know what Whack, ANYONE who pisses the Packer Fans off...is my favorite player!! And deserves to be on the field :drunken:


    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

  10. #20
    RandyMoss8404's Avatar
    RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,389

    Hovan Graded Well

    Chris Hovan is a lousy tackle, and there's no argument in his defense. End of story.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rookie Head Coaches get Graded
    By Slade in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-12-2006, 03:37 PM
  2. Monday Night Football on ESPN. Graded by Mr. Anderson
    By Mr Anderson in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-16-2006, 05:46 PM
  3. AL teams graded w/ '84 Tigers
    By farvathevikinglover in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2006, 01:47 AM
  4. Hovan
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 07:15 PM
  5. Hovan
    By GopherAndPackFan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-14-2004, 10:58 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •