Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Hovan Being Shopped Around?

This is jsut another scare by the media and packer fans who are mad about mckenzie being greedy. Nothing is going to happen, just like this off-season when everyone was saying that Moss was going to be traded.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Hovan (and hovan) stays! And that is final!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Jarhead is offline Rookie

I personally like Hovan and want him to stay. But Pasquarelli isn't known for making stuff up so he may know something. I guess we'll see tomorrow.
    And, ladies and gentlemen, I also know that he cannot lead troops to victory in a war when he has made it perfectly clear that he does not support the cause. -Gen. Tommy Franks on John Kerry-

"Jarhead" wrote:
    I personally like Hovan and want him to stay. But Pasquarelli isn't known for making stuff up so he may know something. I guess we'll see tomorrow.
    I agree that Pasquarelli knows his sh*t, but it seems that it is all still up in the air regarding Hovan...like you said, tomorrow.

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:
    This is jsut another scare by the media and packer fans who are mad about mckenzie being greedy. Nothing is going to happen, just like this off-season when everyone was saying that Moss was going to be traded.
    Right on Jimmy K. Here is the article that 40 mentioned from the Pioneer Press

Hovan not eager to leave

BY SEAN JENSEN

Pioneer Press

Despite various reports, the Vikings aren't actively trying to trade defensive tackle Chris Hovan — and he doesn't want to go.

Asked after Sunday's victory over the New Orleans Saints if he wanted to leave the Vikings, Hovan was direct in his response.

"I've got a house in Minnesota," Hovan said. "I don't feel like moving right now. This team's too good."

Rob Brzezinski, vice president of football operations, declined to comment on Hovan possibly being traded, noting that NFL teams contact one another about players as standard procedure. The Vikings have said a deal is neither imminent nor expected.

In trying to improve Hovan's productivity, coach Mike Tice decided to lower his number of plays. That led to Hovan and Tice engaging in an animated discussion after practice on Oct. 6.

Tice said Thursday that he and Hovan had a "great talk" and that Hovan appeared "more relaxed." Hovan wasn't about to argue Sunday.

"I do whatever coach wants me to," Hovan said. "I'm the player and he's the coach. End of story."

As for playing on fewer downs, Hovan said, "I have to know my role."

Teams might have contacted the Vikings about Hovan, though, given his prominence lately in the news and the NFL trade deadline coming up Tuesday. Other teams might have sought a favorable deal for Hovan, much like the trade that the Green Bay Packers were forced into with disgruntled cornerback Mike McKenzie, who was sent to the New Orleans Saints.

Hovan said of trade talks, rumored or otherwise, "I don't know anything about it."

A former first round pick, Hovan is in the final year of his contract.

Hovan posted two tackles and an assist Sunday, and he nearly recovered a fumble after Lance Johnstone sacked Saints quarterback Aaron Brooks early in the third quarter. New Orleans recovered and punted on the next play.

"I almost had it," Hovan said.

Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

Cool pic, dude!

Hey Hovan is that a Mcfarlane figure? I didnt know they made one for Hovan either way its sweet. I love Mcfarlane figures there so cool.

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

"vikings_fan66" wrote:
    Hey Hovan is that a Mcfarlane figure? I didnt know they made one for Hovan either way its sweet. I love Mcfarlane figures there so cool.
    Found this site on the net where this guy and others customize McFarlane figures of their favorite players. Looks like fun..but time consuming.

http://www.customsbyjomo.com/info.html
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

Hey, can we trade chub and buck to some unsuspecting message board for a conditional message board draft pick...LOL

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

NFLSmackdown.com will take chub for a 7th rounder. We don't want Buck though, he would be a cancer to the team.
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast