Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Hovan Being Shopped Around?

ESPN Sunday Countdown just said that hovan is being shopped around, wich i think is quite odd. Why would we do this we arn't very deep at DT. The whole thing just seems wierd, it also said hovan is demanding a trade before the deadline. Tice did say its unlikely it will happen.

I dont think trading hovan is a good idea, especailly with what we would get for him, trading players in the NFL doesnt work out that great for teams in regards of what they get. What would a team give for Hovan?

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Well if Hovan is demanding a trade that means he is unhappy and might not play as good as he can. This is the first time I have heard of this demand so I will keep an open mind to it.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Yeah quite its quite odd, it came to a surprise to me when i was watchin Sunday Countdown. I was like "what, how come i didnt know about this already". Maybe the story has got overblown.

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

"dan3ski" wrote:
    Well if Hovan is demanding a trade that means he is unhappy and might not play as good as he can. This is the first time I have heard of this demand so I will keep an open mind to it.

Even if he is unhappy, he is not going play with less intensity. A little strange that ESPN knows about this but Vikingupdate hasn't said anything :scratch:

I think we should trade Cottrell. Could we get anything for him? :clown:
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

This whole thing wouldn't surprise me at all. I wouldn't doubt that Hovan is pouting because he has been taken out as an every down player. Frankly, I think you've got to agree with Tice that Hovan's production this year and last do not merit him being a full-time player. Given his lack of production, I don't think you could get much for him in terms of a draft pick or player right now. His mouth speaks louder than his play. He certainly hasn't earned a big contract as a free agent coming up at the end of the year.

If his play has the Vikings thinking that they probably won't re-sign him in the offseason (unless it is at their figure), then they might be thinking it would be best to get something for him now while they can. Jacksonville might be a potential trade partner...they have lost both of their starting DEs for the year, necessitating moving one of their DTs to DE. I'm not sure if Del Rio played with Hovan, but Jack is intense if nothing else.

The best scenario continues to be that Hovan gets motivated to play like a first round pick and earns his way back into full-time status. Frankly, though, Kevin Williams is a monster at DT, and Steve Martin looks like a great run stuffer, so I think Martin and Hovan splitting time for the rest of the season is probably the best formula for the Vikings defensive success.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

poult is offline Asst. Coach

yeah, fox just said the same thing. i wont even mind him getting traded, its not like he does much. plenty of good players were still able to get sacks when they were double teamed, he just cant. i just hope we get something good in return.
    "the only diffrence between suicide and martyrdom is the press coverage"
    Tender Branson

Trade him...get a 2nd round pick maybe

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

i asked the question on espn game chat here what randy meuller said

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stupid packer fan
    Aaron (Watertown, WI): Can't see a Day 1 pick for Hovan. I'd say 4th.

Randy Mueller: (1:18 PM ET ) agreed...he's been demoted...he plays with lots of energy but is limited because of size...
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

I say just keep him for the rest of the year, like i said we arnt that deep at DT. I like the "keeping hovan fresh tactic" it seemed to work last week, he got himself a sack and had some more juice at the end of the game. If he doesnt demand huge money i want him back next year. He is a lagit back up if not a starter. What we dont realize is hovan gets a lot of QB hurries, he forces the QB to get rid of the ball early he just doesnt have great explosiveness to finsh the play.

The reason he is being put on the trade block is because he wants to play every single down, and the coaches dont want to give that to him. Therefor next year he wont be with the Vikes unless he proves hiself the rest of the year.

Karl is offline Training Camp

I couldn't belive it when I heard it on ESPN.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast