Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hovan

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Hovan

"superior230bartime" wrote:
    [quote]"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    Ya i expected a Tell him Favre would like his Pizza Hutt payday.

OH, Yeah......I FORGOT,

FAVRE's got to pay for those DRUGS somehow. Don't worry Bartime, I'll get my people on it. I wouldn't want Favre to break down on the field and start crying in a towel....or laying down like a :bootyshake: and giving away Sack Records!!! :tongue:
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Hovan

"BigEasyViking" wrote:
    I agree one hundred percent. We had absolutely no pass rush on Vinny last week. We made it past the Boys, but if we let McNabb sit back in the pocket and pick us apart we will get our first loss.

:angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:
    It was a tale of two halves, actually. In the first half, without Kevin Williams, we had no pressure on Vinny and their o-line did very good in pass protection. In the second half, I did notice a difference. It's true we didn't have more sacks but that is not the only indicator of how much pressure you get on a QB. I did see a lot of hurries, and several passes batted down. Kevin Williams made a huge difference, and he will be a key player on Monday Night, as he will all season long. Right now is the best player on our d-line and he has got to step up.

I was kind of disappointed with Udeze, until I remembered something about another incredible defensive end we used to have by the name of Chris Doleman. His rookie season, 1985, Doleman had only half a sack. By the time his career with the Vikings was done, he had over 95 sacks and six pro bowl seasons. That position takes a little time to learn, but I still see great things from Udeze.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

purpleFavreEaters is offline Coordinator

Hovan

Bartime time and time again you rip on the creditials of Hovan saying he is sub par. If he is so subpar why is it that everygame he is double covered and cant do shit. I hope to god green bay decided to olet him play this year and just you watch how get gets through the line. Hovan has one of the best if not the best explosive jumps off the line!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Hovan

Bartime, anytime a DL gets doubleteamed on a majority of the other team's offensive plays, it is a sure sign that they have a lot of respect for that DL's abilities. Therefore, I would surmise that Hovan (who does command doubleteaming from most offenses) is a pretty good player.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

Hovan

I don't believe he was double teamed very much in the Dallas game.

He is an underachiever. But I feel the more the line plays together and the more our youngins step up the pressure he will get some looks that will help his game.

But his numbers compare to an average DT in this league.

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Hovan

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I don't believe he was double teamed very much in the Dallas game.

He is an underachiever. But I feel the more the line plays together and the more our youngins step up the pressure he will get some looks that will help his game.

But his numbers compare to an average DT in this league.

He is playing like an average DT these days. He did not face the double teams last week like he did most of last season. Last week he faced single coverage plenty of times..and it took him awhile to shed his blocks and get near vinny. But having R. Jones 5 yards behind Vinny doesn't give the D line time to get to the quarterback much. I'm expecting more Defensive pressure tonight!

My problem with these Packer pukes..is that they lay down untrue smack and then try to pass it off as GOOD SMACK!!

Hovan is my favorite player on the Vikings. He brings his all everyplay...and I will continue to root for him and the vikings even if he doesn't shed blocks like he did a couple of years ago. I have never said he deserved to go to the Pro-Bowl like or that he was the best Player at his Position.

Many of the Packer fans Lie on this board..but that is to be expected ..as they probably still lie to their mother about spending their lunch money on pot. Heck they still believe Favre is a God...and he could get the Interception throne this year!!
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

superior230bartime is offline Pro-Bowler

Hovan

"purpleFavreEaters" wrote:
    Bartime time and time again you rip on the creditials of Hovan saying he is sub par. If he is so subpar why is it that everygame he is double covered and cant do shit. I hope to god green bay decided to olet him play this year and just you watch how get gets through the line. Hovan has one of the best if not the best explosive jumps off the line!

Your right, how can I possibly discredit the man? How pathetic is it for a starting defensive Lineman to play 2 full games without injury and not show up in the stats? The man doesn't even have a tackle yet this year for Christ's sake. Must be all of those double teams. Wait, if you actually watch the games he is rarely, never doubleteamed. But, this is the favorite Viking fan response for his poor play so keep using it if it makes you feel better about the Mullet Master's abilities.
    purplepride.org: Home of Disillusioned Vikings Fans World-wide

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Hovan

One thing is definitely true...Hovan is in a contract year and if he doesn't produce, they will not resign him at the kind of money he will probably want...which will surely mean that he will be gone. The Vikes have ditched players much greater than Hovan for declining production and will not hesitate to do so in his case. It is ALL on Hovan this year to earn his spot for next year by having a monster year this year. Otherwise...
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12