Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 111
  1. #31
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Everyone needs to calm down. The stadium will get passed yet. It may take some back door deals to get done but it will get done. The Vikings right now should just come out and say they will never consider the dome site again and they will only talk to alternative locations because MPLS has been the driving force behind screwing up every plan that has had a chance so far.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Reinholds,Pa
    Posts
    223
    bye bye ,,,,,Vikes
    If you want 1 sports team in your city".....most people would pick NFL........I now get how michele bachmann
    can get elected in Minn.
    None

  3. #33
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564
    bye bye Vikings...I hope the state decides to use the stadium money to give the bike riding liberal hippies in Minneapolis more money for bike riding trails

  4. #34
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Pretty tough to keep MN politics out of this since it is a legislative decision and one that pretty much falls down party lines. Keep in mind this is not a Federal Case so no national political discussion, no tea bagging and no occupying this thread will be allowed. However discussing the politicians that are directly involved can't be helped. Any personal rants liberal or conservative or anarchist will be deleted and you risk being banned for some period of time. Keep that in mind.
    Have you always been an admin? I had no idea.. Nice.

    Anyway, on topic.. RK is right, there will be political discussion on this topic because.. it was the POLITICIANS that rejected this bill.

    Like I said on Facebook, this isn't one parties fault or the others.. There were both democrats and republicans that voted against the bill; one DFLer and 5 GOPs that voted for it. It's called a bipartisan issue. And I recommend that those of you blaming one political demographic or the other educate yourselves on what 'bipartisan' means before you vote this November.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

  5. #35
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Everyone needs to calm down. The stadium will get passed yet. It may take some back door deals to get done but it will get done. The Vikings right now should just come out and say they will never consider the dome site again and they will only talk to alternative locations because MPLS has been the driving force behind screwing up every plan that has had a chance so far.
    One of the many problems in the legislature right now regarding the stadium effort is the belief that a stadium deal is a foregone conclusion. It is not. Sooner or later the inept people on the hill in St Paul are going to shit on the stadium bill one too many times and the Vikings will move. I think that there is a real possibility that that time may have just occurred, or at best there is one more year left.

    Every year that the legislature does not get a bill done raises the public tax commitment while at the same time losing tens of millions of dollars for the Vikings. Neither the tax base or the Vikings can afford to wait any longer.

    The stadium could have been done seven years ago for cheaper, in a better location, with a 1.5 billion dollar development commitment in the surrounding area. This is government ineptness at its very worst.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #36
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Ziggy screwed that one up. They have another year left to get a deal.

    What incentive did the state have to build a new stadium 7 years ago when the Vikings still had 7 years left on their lease? Yes, it is now time to do something but then again in the last few rounds you must admit the state has gotten Wilf to up the vikings (or NFL) contribution significantly over what they ever proposed in the past.

    The Vikings could have built the stadium themselves in 1998 for under 300 Million and had over a decade of that revenue boost in their pockets right now if they hadn't have been hell bent on a government handout. So don't come back with the lost revenue angle.

  7. #37
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,991
    SON OF A BITCH!! That's pretty much all I have on this topic.

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  8. #38
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Ziggy screwed that one up. They have another year left to get a deal.

    What incentive did the state have to build a new stadium 7 years ago when the Vikings still had 7 years left on their lease? Yes, it is now time to do something but then again in the last few rounds you must admit the state has gotten Wilf to up the vikings (or NFL) contribution significantly over what they ever proposed in the past.

    The Vikings could have built the stadium themselves in 1998 for under 300 Million and had over a decade of that revenue boost in their pockets right now if they hadn't have been hell bent on a government handout. So don't come back with the lost revenue angle.
    What's Zigy/Bagley have to do with that?
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

  9. #39
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Formo View Post
    What's Zigy/Bagley have to do with that?
    Them? nothing but if we are bringing up stadium history then what the hell, might as well go back a little farther.

  10. #40
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Ziggy screwed that one up. They have another year left to get a deal.

    What incentive did the state have to build a new stadium 7 years ago when the Vikings still had 7 years left on their lease? Yes, it is now time to do something but then again in the last few rounds you must admit the state has gotten Wilf to up the vikings (or NFL) contribution significantly over what they ever proposed in the past.

    The Vikings could have built the stadium themselves in 1998 for under 300 Million and had over a decade of that revenue boost in their pockets right now if they hadn't have been hell bent on a government handout. So don't come back with the lost revenue angle.
    How about not costing the taxpayers an extra $183 million dollars that they didn't have to spend? I don't understand why some people think that waiting until the last possible minute to address a problem is a good practice.

    If you think that the state has in any way "won" because they got Wilf to up the private contribution, just remember - It took the state an extra $183 million to get Wilf to put in an extra $165 million. Way to go legislature! You sure showed him!

    And finally, we disagree on the reason the Anoka deal fell through. Minneapolis was flexing their political might with Anoka, just like they did with Arden Hills. I don't understand how you can still close your eyes to that.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •