Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ShowingMyHorns is offline Training Camp
    my letter to the legislature this morning....

Dear Inadequate Minnesota Leadership,

I am writing this letter, not to insult, simply to inform you of my out of state opinion on the Minnesota stadium issue. I live in Lincoln, NE and we are having a sports complex built near the downtown area which we refer to as the "Haymarket". While it is not on the scale of a purposed billion dollar stadium, it does impact out city taxes on dining, bars and a few other regular expenses to Lincoln's citizens. We do not mind paying the extra $.32-$1.00 on a meal that feeds our family if we can have a state of the art, multi-purpose facility that is used for all kinds of activities, much like the proposed "People's Stadium" in downtown Minneapolis.

If or when the stadium gets pushed to a public vote and surely shot down it will be done by the low income citizens who most likely won't go out to eat, spend money and help your economy. And might I add that the money they do spend (recklessly) was most likely funded by you yourselves and the "working" citizens of Minneapolis' tax dollars. And lastly, while this disapproval of the stadium bill was most like some Hail Mary attempt of saving your quickly fading and evidently failing political careers in MN it will most likely fail yet again. Because, the people who you "supported" in this vote are most likely not registered voters, while the people you pissed off in this vote most assuredly are. (I'm referring to Minneapolis' work force...see what i did there?).

Your opening statement last night was "why should we pay for a stadium for a billionaire?" Or some sidestepping statement to that effect. Fact of the matter is that you should be thanking Zigi and the Vikings for all the money they pump into your ever failing economy you have done nothing to boost. And furthermore the stadium isn't intended for Zigi only. Its intended for all of Minneapolis and the Vikings use it as well and will be paying dearly for it to help your economy yet again.

The facility we have built here in Lincoln is going to draw in people from all over the state and Midwest. Much like myself and family who come to Minneapolis for Vikings games and spend thousands of dollars in a given weekend on food, housing, and whatever else my wife cant live without at Mall of America. It is going to pump money into a city that is doing much better than most of the country from an economic standpoint (might i ad one of the lowest unemployment percentages in the country...see what i did there again?). You are about to miss out on a great economic boost and most likely miss out on the only votes that matter (the ones that come from registered voters) in your upcoming election. Thanks for your time

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowingMyHorns View Post
    my letter to the legislature this morning....

Dear Inadequate Minnesota Leadership,

I am writing this letter, not to insult, simply to inform you of my out of state opinion on the Minnesota stadium issue. I live in Lincoln, NE and we are having a sports complex built near the downtown area which we refer to as the "Haymarket". While it is not on the scale of a purposed billion dollar stadium, it does impact out city taxes on dining, bars and a few other regular expenses to Lincoln's citizens. We do not mind paying the extra $.32-$1.00 on a meal that feeds our family if we can have a state of the art, multi-purpose facility that is used for all kinds of activities, much like the proposed "People's Stadium" in downtown Minneapolis.

If or when the stadium gets pushed to a public vote and surely shot down it will be done by the low income citizens who most likely won't go out to eat, spend money and help your economy. And might I add that the money they do spend (recklessly) was most likely funded by you yourselves and the "working" citizens of Minneapolis' tax dollars. And lastly, while this disapproval of the stadium bill was most like some Hail Mary attempt of saving your quickly fading and evidently failing political careers in MN it will most likely fail yet again. Because, the people who you "supported" in this vote are most likely not registered voters, while the people you pissed off in this vote most assuredly are. (I'm referring to Minneapolis' work force...see what i did there?).

Your opening statement last night was "why should we pay for a stadium for a billionaire?" Or some sidestepping statement to that effect. Fact of the matter is that you should be thanking Zigi and the Vikings for all the money they pump into your ever failing economy you have done nothing to boost. And furthermore the stadium isn't intended for Zigi only. Its intended for all of Minneapolis and the Vikings use it as well and will be paying dearly for it to help your economy yet again.

The facility we have built here in Lincoln is going to draw in people from all over the state and Midwest. Much like myself and family who come to Minneapolis for Vikings games and spend thousands of dollars in a given weekend on food, housing, and whatever else my wife cant live without at Mall of America. It is going to pump money into a city that is doing much better than most of the country from an economic standpoint (might i ad one of the lowest unemployment percentages in the country...see what i did there again?). You are about to miss out on a great economic boost and most likely miss out on the only votes that matter (the ones that come from registered voters) in your upcoming election. Thanks for your time
    Nice. Let us know if you get a response. Whom in particular did you send it to?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowingMyHorns View Post
    Let's try to keep the politics, and class warfare out of this.

Keep the politics out of this? really?... I think it may be a little late for that. As far as the welfare, yes i got carried away and I'm sure it lessened the impact the letter had if it had any at all. I'm sure they have received countless emails today.

As for who i sent it to all the representatives on the board last night. Its very easy to find all of their emails. They are listed on countless websites.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Let's try to keep the politics, and class warfare out of this.
    I know what you are saying - to keep our personal politics out of the forum. But to be fair, this is a very political issue. As long as we can remain respectful, I think it is OK to talk about it.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Uh oh, you made mad the liberal hippies!!

WATCH OUT!!
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

Well, my apologies for bringing the politics to the table on this forum if that isn't allowed. That i would feel bad about if i broke the rules. So, sorry if that's the case. But i am not sorry for sending Minnesota's "leaders" my own and and many many others opinion on this.

Uh oh, you made mad the liberal hippies!!

WATCH OUT!! Haha

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Minneapolis is becoming the next Balitmore/Detroit.

(only they have football teams...)
    Last edited by C Mac D; 04-17-2012 at 03:47 PM.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like Dayton is sounding the alarm...

Quote Originally Posted by Governor Dayton
    We've got to get a stadium next year or the Vikings will leave
    Dayton says stadium bill might have to wait until next year | StarTribune.com
    Minnesota governor says that, without stadium deal in 2013, Vikings will leave | ProFootballTalk
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Pretty tough to keep MN politics out of this since it is a legislative decision and one that pretty much falls down party lines. Keep in mind this is not a Federal Case so no national political discussion, no tea bagging and no occupying this thread will be allowed. However discussing the politicians that are directly involved can't be helped. Any personal rants liberal or conservative or anarchist will be deleted and you risk being banned for some period of time. Keep that in mind.

WWBGD

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast