Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 111
  1. #11
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    Putting the team up for sale is not going to get the legislature to move on a stadium... Threatening the move the team is going to get them off their butts... A threaten of a sale still keeps the team in Minnesota and actually buys the legislature more time!
    I am not talking about doing something to buy the legislature more time. They have had enough time. They are out of time.

    Put the team up for sale and one of two things will happen. 1) Someone will buy the team, and they can either move the team or deal with the children in the legislature, or 2) The legislature will push through a stadium bill and Zygi can take the team off the market.

    This wouldn't be a threat, or some way to buy the legislatures more time. It is reality.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #12
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    McCombs gave up. The Wilfs won't, they will relocate. What a clusterfuck.
    I actually think the Wilfs will sell before they relocate. But if they (or whoever they sell the team to) does relocate, I am just fine with that. My season tickets might get a little more expensive, but it isn't like I have some kind of allegiance with Minnesota at this point. Screw Minnesota. I will remain a fan of the team.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #13
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,462
    Why would he sell the team? Easier to just move it to a state and city that would love to have an NFL franchise bringing in money. I think what is partly responsible for this is the whole class warfare thing that is going on in the country with the elections. ie "We need to get those rich people." I guess the occupy people can occupy the Dome now since it doesn't look like the Vikings will be for much longer. I guess we should start hoarding "Minnesota Viking" memorabilia since it will be worth money some day like Brooklyn Dodgers stuff. See, there is always an upside to the down side.

    WWBGD

  4. #14
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,281
    It's not over til the fat lady sings, this could still go in many different directions. This was a tough blow though.

  5. #15
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I am not talking about doing something to buy the legislature more time. They have had enough time. They are out of time.

    Put the team up for sale and one of two things will happen. 1) Someone will buy the team, and they can either move the team or deal with the children in the legislature, or 2) The legislature will push through a stadium bill and Zygi can take the team off the market.

    This wouldn't be a threat, or some way to buy the legislatures more time. It is reality.
    I think your flat out wrong... If puts the team up for sale.. Noone is going buy the team with the current stadium situation... hence... legislature gets more time to drag their feet.

    The only way they move on a stadium is if he threatens or notifies the NFL of their intent to move... Nothing else will get them to push through a stadium...

    Especially not putting the team up for sale... that just makes no sense!

  6. #16
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Why would he sell the team? Easier to just move it to a state and city that would love to have an NFL franchise bringing in money. I think what is partly responsible for this is the whole class warfare thing that is going on in the country with the elections. ie "We need to get those rich people." I guess the occupy people can occupy the Dome now since it doesn't look like the Vikings will be for much longer. I guess we should start hoarding "Minnesota Viking" memorabilia since it will be worth money some day like Brooklyn Dodgers stuff. See, there is always an upside to the down side.
    I think he will sell the team, or at least put it up for sale, because it gives him the two best options.

    I believe given the choice, Wilf would rather keep the team in Minnesota with a new stadium. Not only would it be a revenue generator for him, but I think he genuinely enjoys owning an NFL team. Putting it up for sale, as opposed to announcing intention to move the team, still allows a chance for the legislature to get it right. But if they don't, he will still make money on the sale - not enough to recoup the money or opportunity cost he has put into the team over the past seven years, but enough to not call the ownership a failure.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #17
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    I think your flat out wrong... If puts the team up for sale.. Noone is going buy the team with the current stadium situation... hence... legislature gets more time to drag their feet.

    The only way they move on a stadium is if he threatens or notifies the NFL of their intent to move... Nothing else will get them to push through a stadium...

    Especially not putting the team up for sale... that just makes no sense!
    Anyone interested in buying the team would be doing so with one intent - to move the team. It would be a very attractive sale to a group who wanted to bring a team to another city. Somehow you seem to be missing that point.

    Threatening to move the team or notifying the NFL of intent to move (which BTW, you have to have a destination to notify them) will do nothing other than steel the legislature against Wilf, the same way it did against McComb. Putting the team up for sale gives the legislature an out - a way to "save" the team still.

    And if they don't take that out, I honestly don't care. Sell the team to someone who will move it. Minnesota will get what it deserves.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #18
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,955
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Anyone interested in buying the team would be doing so with one intent - to move the team. It would be a very attractive sale to a group who wanted to bring a team to another city. Somehow you seem to be missing that point.

    Threatening to move the team or notifying the NFL of intent to move (which BTW, you have to have a destination to notify them) will do nothing other than steel the legislature against Wilf, the same way it did against McComb. Putting the team up for sale gives the legislature an out - a way to "save" the team still.

    And if they don't take that out, I honestly don't care. Sell the team to someone who will move it. Minnesota will get what it deserves.
    your contradicting yourself... if wilf like owning a team so much then he'll move it to LA himself... either way it doesnt' get the legislature to act on anything... plus any sale of the team would entail a notification anyway....

    If he notifies he gets to keep the team and force the legislature to act....

    PLUS, if he sales the team he won't get top return on his investment without a stadium... he might as well move it himself...

    either way, the threat of a sale doesn't make the legislature do anything... Further, Fuck the legislature.. If you were in his shoes after all the runarounds they have given him you think he cares to help them save face??? HIGHLY IMPROBABLE!!...

  9. #19
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple View Post
    your contradicting yourself... if wilf like owning a team so much then he'll move it to LA himself... either way it doesnt' get the legislature to act on anything... plus any sale of the team would entail a notification anyway....

    If he notifies he gets to keep the team and force the legislature to act....

    PLUS, if he sales the team he won't get top return on his investment without a stadium... he might as well move it himself...

    either way, the threat of a sale doesn't make the legislature do anything... Further, Fuck the legislature.. If you were in his shoes after all the runarounds they have given him you think he cares to help them save face??? HIGHLY IMPROBABLE!!...
    Agree to disagree. You don't seem to be grasping what I am saying, and that's OK. In the end it doesn't matter because neither one of us are in a position to influence the Vikings ownership. Whatever happens from this point out, I put squarely on the shoulders of the inept legislature, not the Vikings.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    51
    This is probably the last season in Minnesota so enjoy it while you can!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •