Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    From that article:

Part of me is starting to want the Vikings to move, just because of people like this who dismiss it as a possibility, and therefore aren't making an effort.
    Are any of the politicians voting on the stadium qualified to make an informed decision? Seems like they are just exercising power, without any real concern of the impact. Where are the bribes and special interest groups at when you need them. Throw a couple hookers (with photos) and a few G's at these morons and get the votes you need.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    I have had enough of these screwed up politicians, I will pray every night that the team moves to LA and they never get an NFL team again. Screw all the people and politicians in Minnesota they can rot for all I care. They screwed up the Lakers and they left and begged the NBA for another team and had to build a stadium to lure the NBA back. Then they let the North Stars go and guess what, they had to try to lure the NHL back and build a stadium. And who was more important the Gophers or the Vikings, COMPLETE IDIOTS!!!! Now they are acting like idiots AGAIN and play chicken with the owners of the Vikings and almost daring them to leave. I hope Minnesota never gets another NFL team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    According to the other article I posted, a North Star player at the time they left said they never would have left if the state had paid for a new arena for them to play in. The cost was $15 million & the state shot it down, so the Stars moved to Texas.

In order to entice a new NHL franchise back into MN, they voted to build a new arena. The cost was $285 million.

What part of that can't congress grasp?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    I have had enough of these screwed up politicians, I will pray every night that the team moves to LA and they never get an NFL team again. Screw all the people and politicians in Minnesota they can rot for all I care. They screwed up the Lakers and they left and begged the NBA for another team and had to build a stadium to lure the NBA back. Then they let the North Stars go and guess what, they had to try to lure the NHL back and build a stadium. And who was more important the Gophers or the Vikings, COMPLETE IDIOTS!!!! Now they are acting like idiots AGAIN and play chicken with the owners of the Vikings and almost daring them to leave. I hope Minnesota never gets another NFL team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If the Vikings leave, they almost suredly wont' get another team.... EVER!!! take that to the bank!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Vikings stadium: 'A reality check'

"This is it, folks," Gov. Mark Dayton said during a post-meeting news conference.

"They served us a reality check," state Sen. Julie Rosen said.

"Things will have to be moving a little bit more quickly," House Speaker Kurt Zellers said.

"The writing is on the wall," Dayton added.

Legislators from both houses and parties emerged with clear marching orders: Revive a stadium bill that died in a committee earlier this week or face the departure of the franchise. Goodell said he made "no implied threats or any threats at all," but in reality he didn't need to. As we discussed Thursday, the team and league are giving the state another 10 or so days of exclusivity before opening the door to relocation alternatives.
    Will Goodell's visit be enough for them to understand that the option of the Vikings leaving MN is real. And, do they care. Looks like we'll find out about the time we land our next set of recruits.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Zygi Wilf's jet reportedly spotted at airport in Southern California - Minnesota Vikings news | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers)

With the Minnesota Vikings making it clear that time is running out for a new stadium to be approved by the state legislature, a private plane belonging to owner Zygi Wilf was spotted at a Southern California airport on Thursday, according to the Los Angeles Daily News.

The newspaper also reported that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell recently met privately in Los Angeles with Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa to talk about, among other things, the NFL relocating to Los Angeles.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Screw you asshat! Take your insult to us Minnesotans and stick it up your ass. I agree with you on the politicians part , but there is no reason to say that about us people.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    NFL Commish, MN Governor talk stadium urgency

Democratic Rep. Mary Murphy, a 35-year Capitol veteran, said she is undecided on the Vikings stadium and doesn't anticipate taking a side until she sees the final bill. But Murphy said she senses sentiment is shifting in favor of the Vikings and the visibility campaign by the NFL could play a part as the session wanes. More calls and emails are coming in, too.

''We're going into the final weeks. People are going to be more vocal as we're out and about'' back home, Murphy said. ''I just have a feeling it's shifting for the stadium. People's attitudes are.''
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

Dibbzz is offline Starter
    Well it looks like (for the time being) the Commish's plan to fly in today might have forced the hand of our Legislative "Leaders":

Minn. Senate committee revives Vikings stadium bill, keeps effort alive at Capitol
    Minn. Senate committee revives Vikings stadium bill, keeps effort alive at Capitol - The Washington Post

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Still not sure why stadium naming rights are counting as part of the Vikings contribution. If the state owns the stadium shouldn't they have naming rights? Not that it matters much, we must build a stadium, but that part still bothers me a bit.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Still not sure why stadium naming rights are counting as part of the Vikings contribution. If the state owns the stadium shouldn't they have naming rights? Not that it matters much, we must build a stadium, but that part still bothers me a bit.
    That isn't all that rare. In fact, the Vikings have field naming rights at the Metrodome now, which is why it is the "Mall of America Field at the HHH Metrodome".

The state and the Vikings are partners in the stadium, with each getting certain negotiated benefits. The state retains ownership and exclusivity in use outside the 10-12 NFL games that could be played there, and the Vikings retain things like naming rights.

It is pretty fair IMHO. If the state wanted to keep 100% of the revenue streams, well, they would have to pay for 100% of the stadium, now wouldn't they...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast