Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The horror...

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

The horror...

I just had a terrifying thought reading through some of these posts after the Packers game. Since probably week 3, many of us have been trying to deflect criticism of Brad Johnson by those in favor of starting Tarvaris Jackson. All along there were those who wanted to give Tarvaris time to develop, and thought BJ gave us the best chance of making the playoffs.

We were perhaps wrong, but that's not the point of this thread.

The point is that now that Tarvaris was mediocre at best in his first start, and supposing he continues to be so against the Rams, will those of us that defended keeping BJ in have to defend giving Tarvaris ample time to grow into his starting role all off season and into the next?

Oh, the horror.......the horror.....

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The horror...

"The" wrote:
    I just had a terrifying thought reading through some of these posts after the Packers game. Since probably week 3, many of us have been trying to deflect criticism of Brad Johnson by those in favor of starting Tarvaris Jackson. All along there were those who wanted to give Tarvaris time to develop, and thought BJ gave us the best chance of making the playoffs.

We were perhaps wrong, but that's not the point of this thread.

The point is that now that Tarvaris was mediocre at best in his first start, and supposing he continues to be so against the Rams, will those of us that defended keeping BJ in have to defend giving Tarvaris ample time to grow into his starting role all off season and into the next?

Oh, the horror.......the horror.....
    I know. It's scary. We are in quite the predicament.

TJ still needs to make alot of improvements if he wants to make it in the nfl.
    He can move and throw the ball ok but he needs to start making better decisons with the ball.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

make better decisions?

i thought he did quite well.. if i remember right, that interception was a case of his putting at a spot where both the defender and receiver could get it, the defender just won..

i give TJack a A- for the game.. and thats cause he didnt run so well with the ball IMO
    i m better than you, so just give up...

"idahovikefan7" wrote:
    TJ still needs to make alot of improvements if he wants to make it in the nfl.
    He can move and throw the ball ok but he needs to start making better decisons with the ball.
    A-ha! my point proven after only two posts!

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

i disagree..

what bad decisions did he make?
    i m better than you, so just give up...

I thought TJACK played just above mediocre...how can you play good if the playcalling ISNT THERE!?!?!?!?!

The players (sometimes) can execute the plays to the fullest, but if the playcalling doesnt BRING OUT THE BEST for the whole unit as a whole, then you are not going to be as successful as you could be!
    Yes, the players execute on the field, but its up to the HEAD COACH to start developing a gameplan to not only win, but to bring out the best in the offensive unit, as a whole!!

"SharperVikings" wrote:
    I thought TJACK played just above mediocre...how can you play good if the playcalling ISNT THERE!?!?!?!?!

The players (sometimes) can execute the plays to the fullest, but if the playcalling doesnt BRING OUT THE BEST for the whole unit as a whole, then you are not going to be as successful as you could be!
    Yes, the players execute on the field, but its up to the HEAD COACH to start developing a gameplan to not only win, but to bring out the best in the offensive unit, as a whole!!
    Right. TJ's play was mediocre because he was surrounded by mediocre receivers and mediocre playcalling. I absolutely think that TJ will suceed in one form or another in this league, and I will continue to defend allowing him a chance to develop. My worry, however, is that come next season (and possibly even the offseason), people will be clamoring to pull him after he makes mistakes and takes some time to become a good qb.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

He completed 50% of his passes for 50 yards.
    Sorry thats not an A.

WWBGD

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Potus2028" wrote:
    make better decisions?

i thought he did quite well.. if i remember right, that interception was a case of his putting at a spot where both the defender and receiver could get it, the defender just won..

i give TJack a A- for the game.. and thats cause he didnt run so well with the ball IMO
    LMAO!
    The pick and the sacks did not cause him to be the "-"

Ha haa!
    Funny stuff there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast