Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: The horror...

  1. #1
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    The horror...

    I just had a terrifying thought reading through some of these posts after the Packers game. Since probably week 3, many of us have been trying to deflect criticism of Brad Johnson by those in favor of starting Tarvaris Jackson. All along there were those who wanted to give Tarvaris time to develop, and thought BJ gave us the best chance of making the playoffs.

    We were perhaps wrong, but that's not the point of this thread.

    The point is that now that Tarvaris was mediocre at best in his first start, and supposing he continues to be so against the Rams, will those of us that defended keeping BJ in have to defend giving Tarvaris ample time to grow into his starting role all off season and into the next?

    Oh, the horror.......the horror.....

  2. #2
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: The horror...

    "The" wrote:
    I just had a terrifying thought reading through some of these posts after the Packers game. Since probably week 3, many of us have been trying to deflect criticism of Brad Johnson by those in favor of starting Tarvaris Jackson. All along there were those who wanted to give Tarvaris time to develop, and thought BJ gave us the best chance of making the playoffs.

    We were perhaps wrong, but that's not the point of this thread.

    The point is that now that Tarvaris was mediocre at best in his first start, and supposing he continues to be so against the Rams, will those of us that defended keeping BJ in have to defend giving Tarvaris ample time to grow into his starting role all off season and into the next?

    Oh, the horror.......the horror.....
    I know. It's scary. We are in quite the predicament.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Boise Idaho
    Posts
    1,016

    Re: The horror...

    TJ still needs to make alot of improvements if he wants to make it in the nfl.
    He can move and throw the ball ok but he needs to start making better decisons with the ball.

  4. #4
    Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,654

    Re: The horror...

    make better decisions?

    i thought he did quite well.. if i remember right, that interception was a case of his putting at a spot where both the defender and receiver could get it, the defender just won..

    i give TJack a A- for the game.. and thats cause he didnt run so well with the ball IMO
    i m better than you, so just give up...

  5. #5
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: The horror...

    "idahovikefan7" wrote:
    TJ still needs to make alot of improvements if he wants to make it in the nfl.
    He can move and throw the ball ok but he needs to start making better decisons with the ball.
    A-ha! my point proven after only two posts!

  6. #6
    Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,654

    Re: The horror...

    i disagree..

    what bad decisions did he make?
    i m better than you, so just give up...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    936

    Re: The horror...

    I thought TJACK played just above mediocre...how can you play good if the playcalling ISNT THERE!?!?!?!?!


    The players (sometimes) can execute the plays to the fullest, but if the playcalling doesnt BRING OUT THE BEST for the whole unit as a whole, then you are not going to be as successful as you could be!
    Yes, the players execute on the field, but its up to the HEAD COACH to start developing a gameplan to not only win, but to bring out the best in the offensive unit, as a whole!!

  8. #8
    The Dropper's Avatar
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Portland, Ore.
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: The horror...

    "SharperVikings" wrote:
    I thought TJACK played just above mediocre...how can you play good if the playcalling ISNT THERE!?!?!?!?!


    The players (sometimes) can execute the plays to the fullest, but if the playcalling doesnt BRING OUT THE BEST for the whole unit as a whole, then you are not going to be as successful as you could be!
    Yes, the players execute on the field, but its up to the HEAD COACH to start developing a gameplan to not only win, but to bring out the best in the offensive unit, as a whole!!
    Right. TJ's play was mediocre because he was surrounded by mediocre receivers and mediocre playcalling. I absolutely think that TJ will suceed in one form or another in this league, and I will continue to defend allowing him a chance to develop. My worry, however, is that come next season (and possibly even the offseason), people will be clamoring to pull him after he makes mistakes and takes some time to become a good qb.

  9. #9
    RK.'s Avatar
    RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    4,444

    Re: The horror...

    He completed 50% of his passes for 50 yards.
    Sorry thats not an A.

    WWBGD

  10. #10
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: The horror...

    "Potus2028" wrote:
    make better decisions?

    i thought he did quite well.. if i remember right, that interception was a case of his putting at a spot where both the defender and receiver could get it, the defender just won..

    i give TJack a A- for the game.. and thats cause he didnt run so well with the ball IMO
    LMAO!
    The pick and the sacks did not cause him to be the "-"

    Ha haa!
    Funny stuff there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Houses of Horror: What Happens After the Crime
    By VikingMike in forum Two Beer Minimum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-23-2008, 04:13 AM
  2. Shock horror for would-be power cable thief
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 11:59 AM
  3. Movie mistake: Families get horror film
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 02:12 PM
  4. Horror movies?
    By renovikesfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-19-2005, 07:42 PM
  5. MTV.com Horror contest
    By vikings minnesoulija in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 05:51 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •