Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Horns of a dilemma at QB? Vikings don't believe so.

No QB controversy from where I stand!
    Looks like TJack is "Large and in charge":

http://www.startribune.com/vikings/story/1356169.html
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Very nice read BB.

"Everybody in Minneapolis wants the halcyon days of Randy Moss, Cris Carter, Daunte Culpepper and Robert Smith," said Childress. "That's what they want to see; that's what we all want to see. But I think the biggest thing coming out of camp is to take inventory of who you are -- not who you necessarily want to be in the future -- but you are and what you can and cannot do."

Words to live by my friends.

;D
    The wisdom of a loser . . . starting the excuses already.
    Can't put it in the end zone, so let's set everyone up to expect nothing (that way we can't disappoint).

Losers make excuses.
    Winners find a way.

Let's see what this season brings . . .
    WHAT........

How is this an excuse.
    He is saying nothing more than they will play within themselves.

How in the heck do you get something like that out of that quote.
    Reading within the message.

He's simply implying he can't provide us with the high power offense of the past.
    He's implying his offense isn't that good (yet).
    In this message he's lowering the expecations of the fans . . . so we can move on from the past . . and if he fails with the offense (again) . . . he's already told us we are playing within our talent.

Why did we need to reinvent the offense from the start?
    Was it broken?
    Not only no . . . but fuck no!
    We needed the defense to get into shape . . . and it apparently has . . . not the offense!

Now we've taken several steps backwards with the offense . . . instead of moving forward with the pieces we had in place when he took over.
    Why not find parts that fit the existing offense . . . instead of an overhaul . . . on perhaps the most fear offense in the league?

You aren't gonna win a lot of games by kicking field goals (as we saw last year).
    You ram the ball down on your opponents until they cry for the back-ups to go in.

Right now our offense can't score to save its own life, and people get excited about "little things".
    When did the standard drop so low that "little things" get people excited.
    Who gives a shit about statistics that show we can move the ball between the 20's . . . we need to put the ball in the end zone . . . that's how you win games!

Let me give you a model we could've been . . . Indianapolis Colts.
    For years a high powered offense, but marginal defense.
    Dungy starts to work on the defense while maintaing his offense . . . and they go deep in the playoffs and finally score another ring.

If you want to buy into the PR and spin doctor lingo . . . go for it.
    I want BC to show me . . . and to date . . . he hasn't.

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"sleepagent" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Very nice read BB.

"Everybody in Minneapolis wants the halcyon days of Randy Moss, Cris Carter, Daunte Culpepper and Robert Smith," said Childress. "That's what they want to see; that's what we all want to see. But I think the biggest thing coming out of camp is to take inventory of who you are -- not who you necessarily want to be in the future -- but you are and what you can and cannot do."

;D
    Can't put it in the end zone, so let's set everyone up to expect nothing (that way we can't disappoint).

Losers make excuses.
    Winners find a way.

WHAT........

How is this an excuse.

He's simply implying he can't provide us with the high power offense of the past.
    In this message he's lowering the expecations of the fans . . . so we can move on from the past . . and if he fails with the offense (again) . . . he's already told us we are playing within our talent.

Was it broken?
    Not only no . . . but floop no!
    We needed the defense to get into shape . . . and it apparently has . . . not the offense!

Now we've taken several steps backwards with the offense . . . instead of moving forward with the pieces we had in place when he took over.
    Why not find parts that fit the existing offense . . . instead of an overhaul . . . on perhaps the most fear offense in the league?

You aren't gonna win a lot of games by kicking field goals (as we saw last year).
    You ram the ball down on your opponents until they cry for the back-ups to go in.

Right now our offense can't score to save its own life, and people get excited about "little things".
    Who gives a pooh about statistics that show we can move the ball between the 20's . . . we need to put the ball in the end zone . . . that's how you win games!

Dungy starts to work on the defense while maintaing his offense . . . and they go deep in the playoffs and finally score another ring.

So what he is saying is that the unit he was responsible for in Philly was the weak link on the team and now he brought that same situation to Minnesota? ???

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Good article, thanks.
    Chilly's quote regarding Culpepper, Moss, Carter, and Smith is FAR from a copout, not sure how anyone gets that.
    His point is the same we've been saying, this offense doesn't compare now ('although we'd all like it to) to that (those) offenses of the Vikes past.
    Ah, it doesn't, so, now you bash the coach for stating the obvious truth?

Also, regarding the Philly parallel, I think Judge made a good correlation to a point in time that the Eagles and Vikes share with young QBs developing.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"sleepagent" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "sleepagent" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Very nice read BB.

;D

Losers make excuses.
    Winners find a way.

WHAT........

How is this an excuse.

Was it broken?
    Not only no . . . but floop no!

Who gives a pooh about statistics that show we can move the ball between the 20's . . . we need to put the ball in the end zone . . . that's how you win games!

He may show you more than you think this season...or next, if TJack takes a little longer to develop...but we do have the talent...we just need execution.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12