Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Horn logo

Vikefan05 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Horn logo

Tradition in a world of constant change.
    I like it.
    It is nice to have something unchanged about our team.
    Brings back memories of the first Purple People Eaters, and that proud era.

The Norse were white.

Interestingly enough, the Elizabeth City State University football team is also called the Vikings.
    Their logo is a black Norseman.
    It really isn't a black or white thing, just tradition.

Its better to lose the first game than the last one.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"HEY" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:
    The norseman logo needs to be updated/modernized. It's been pretty much unchanged since the vikings first season. They updated the horn on the helmets and the vikings script logo (the vikings text in the endzone) so why not the norseman?

I did some googling and found http://www.augie.edu/news/images/Ole_Head2.jpg which looks pretty cool.

At least we don't have something dumb like a star (cowboys) or text (giants) for a logo.
    The logo in the link was alright, but I would still go for the current logo. It may not be as flashy as... let's say the Titan's logo or the Falcons' logo, but I think the old skool look is nice.
    I would be very pessimistic if we were to change the logo.

I would definitely not use the horns as our primary logo. For one, it's just TOO simple. And most importantly, it does not really has much to do with the Vikings cause most of them didn't were horns. However, I love the horns on the side of the helmets and I think it should stay that way. Sometimes, it looks like there is actual horns on the sides, and I have to admitt that the Vikes have the sweetest helmets in the NFL. HANDS DOWN!

If there is something bad I have to say about the norseman, it has to be the fact that he's white (Yes, I know it sounds silly!) Over half of the starters on the Vikings are black so it is kinda unfair that the man on the logo is white. So we make him black instead, but then it will be unfair for the white players.
    It's quite a dilemma....
    ;D
    I agree with vikefan05, its tradition.
    Vikings were traditionally from Norway, and norweigans were traditionally (and still mostly are) white.
    Nothing against black people (or any others for that matter), but changing the colour of the skin of a traditional logo, just because the majority of players are black, would be dumb.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I dont like that logo in the link.. Idk why but maybe its just cuz the old one to me is all I know

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Keep the horns on the helmet!!
    Keep the norseman on the field!!
    Sorry brothers, but the Vikings were white.
    If we were the panthers, or the warriors, or ????? maybe, go black and not back
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:
    The norseman logo needs to be updated/modernized. It's been pretty much unchanged since the vikings first season. They updated the horn on the helmets and the vikings script logo (the vikings text in the endzone) so why not the norseman?

I did some googling and found http://www.augie.edu/news/images/Ole_Head2.jpg which looks pretty cool.

At least we don't have something dumb like a star (cowboys) or text (giants) for a logo.
    The logo in the link was alright, but I would still go for the current logo. It may not be as flashy as... let's say the Titan's logo or the Falcons' logo, but I think the old skool look is nice.

I would definitely not use the horns as our primary logo. For one, it's just TOO simple. And most importantly, it does not really has much to do with the Vikings cause most of them didn't were horns. However, I love the horns on the side of the helmets and I think it should stay that way. Sometimes, it looks like there is actual horns on the sides, and I have to admitt that the Vikes have the sweetest helmets in the NFL. HANDS DOWN!

If there is something bad I have to say about the norseman, it has to be the fact that he's white (Yes, I know it sounds silly!) Over half of the starters on the Vikings are black so it is kinda unfair that the man on the logo is white. So we make him black instead, but then it will be unfair for the white players.
    It's quite a dilemma....
    ;D
    Vikings were traditionally from Norway, and norweigans were traditionally (and still mostly are) white.
    Nothing against black people (or any others for that matter), but changing the colour of the skin of a traditional logo, just because the majority of players are black, would be dumb.
    I was just kidding around. Of course we shouldn't change the color of the norseman. That would be stupid!! Did you not see the
    ;D at the end of my post
    )

Not all of the vikings were from Norway, many of them were from the other two Skandinavian countries; Sweden and Denmark. Skandinavia consists of exactly those three countries. They call it Skandinavia because the three countries has (nearly) the same language (a Norwegian would understand Danish and Swedish as well as an American would understand e.g. English and Australian) and the three countries has a lot more in common (like culture, history, ethnicity... etc. etc.)

PS: All the vikings were white, and the Norwegians were [s]traditionally[/s] white.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"HEY" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:

It's quite a dilemma....
    ;D
    I was just kidding around. Of course we shouldn't change the color of the norseman. That would be stupid!! Did you not see the
    ;D at the end of my post
    )

Not all of the vikings were from Norway, many of them were from the other two Skandinavian countries; Sweden and Denmark. Skandinavia consists of exactly those three countries. They call it Skandinavia because the three countries has (nearly) the same language (a Norwegian would understand Danish and Swedish as well as an American would understand e.g. English and Australian) and the three countries has a lot more in common (like culture, history, ethnicity... etc. etc.)

PS: All the vikings were white, and the Norwegians were [s]traditionally[/s] white.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"HEY" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:

It's quite a dilemma....
    ;D
    lol.... unfair to the players depending on what race the Norseman is?
    Thats ridiculous

The Vikings are from Scandinavia and were most prolific around 790 thru the late 1060's.

How many black Vikings do you think there were?
    It has nothing to do about the players on the team, but the heritage of the actual Vikings, and the heritage of many of the people in this region.

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Keep the Norseman

TxViking is offline Waterboy

I'm for leaving well enough alone - maybe remove the cheer leaders though, too much of a distraction

YogidAbEAR is offline Star Spokesman

leave the norseman on the field and the horns on the helmet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast