Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Hoping For Some Feedback

VikingFanEric...looks like you just got your REALITY CHECK!!!

You would do well to take many of Caine's observations to heart...his insights are as precise as laser surgery...and just as accurate. Good luck in your new responsibilities...and represent the Vikings fans well!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    VikingFanEric...looks like you just got your REALITY CHECK!!!

You would do well to take many of Caine's observations to heart...his insights are as precise as laser surgery...and just as accurate. Good luck in your new responsibilities...and represent the Vikings fans well!!!
    That is a good line Cajun!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Ya i was thinkin what cain was. One thing you say is...

"Don't be mistaken though the Vikings have plenty of work left to do, and it's still unlikely that they will make the playoffs"

then in the last paragraph you say...

"Now there is talk of playoffs. PLAYOFFS!? PLAYOFFS!? You heard right, the once left for dead Minnesota Vikings and Mike Tice are marching toward an unbelievable and unexpected turnaround as they try to make it back to the playoffs, and in turn save Tice's job."

I really think your goin back and forth. The truth is we do have a good shot at the playoffs if we keep winning. Just like Caine said we're right outside and someone in the NFC south is gonna slide, and if the cowboys win this weekend it'll really help us.

Make no mistake, I liked your article, good job and keep it goin! SKOL!

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

I think Ziggy was going to give Tice another chance regardless of the season.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Ya I got that feeling now too Vikes. I mean if we continue to play like this then sure I willing to give him another shot. Zigy needs to bring in a New DC tho IMO.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

That's pretty sweet man.. Congrats on being able to write on them.. I thought it was a well written article and agreed with it fully..

I hope we can make a push and keep Tice.. He looks like he is doing the right thing.. A new DC and OC would help greatly

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your candidness and taking the time to comment.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

keep tice... i feel nausious... but if he must stay, we need to surround him with better staff. the only thing is that he is paid very little and good assistants are hard to find at below what tice will be getting.

the article was fine. not spectacular but fine.

Lotza is offline Team Alumni

good luck eric.

Go vikes!!

Also, I just want to clear up a few things. I don't know if I want Tice back or not next year, but if he is able to guide us to the playoffs he deserves another year. I would tend to say I am in the crowd that supports the view that Tice is an average coach but could do much better if he had a better supporting staff of assistant coaches. However, the article was aimed at how Tice might be saving his job.

As for Caine's response. I loved it, thank you very much for being extremely honest. I want to note that it was worded a little wrong. The point I was trying to make is that although the Vikes are right back in the playoff hunt, just because they are on a nice roll they need to keep it up. They have work left to do and need teams to lose still so thats where that comes from. And for the reasons stated by Caine I think the Vikings can and probably will make the playoffs. A previous article I wrote was exactly about what Caine was talking about.

Thanks again to Caine and all for your responses and taking the time to read it. I appreciate it. SKOL VIKES!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12