Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vikez06 is offline Starter

Honestly Whos the Better team" Vikes or Pack "

I think that both teams look shitty lately, but honestly who do you think looks better? All of the vikings losses have been by slim margarins.
    The packers almost lost to the lions at home... only because Joey harrington sucks balls.. but both teams have some flaws to them.. so i thought it would be interesting to see who you guys thought was the better team

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Well the Packers have been winning close game this year, we haven't. That has really been the only difference.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

cmon, cant be serious.......honestly, who wants to answer that honestly.......but honestly its the vikes all the way baby!!!!!!!!!!!

BigDaddy is offline Waterboy

Well, as someone whose watched both teams up close, it's hard to say. Offensively, with both teams at full strength, I think the Vikings are more dangerous and the better team.
    Defensively, it doesn't bode well for either of you but that would have to go to the Packers in my book.

Key factors: Vikings- If Moss is healthy and WANTS to play, it could be a long day for the opponents defense and alot of points could be scored. If Moss doesn't come to play, your offense becomes average.

Packers- If Favre is on, it's gonna be tough to stop him but if you force him out of his game and make him play catch up against a good defense, he'll lose 7 out of 10 times. They will put pressure on him and he will make those Favre like mistakes. Unfortunately, not many teams have done that to him, but the ones who have, have pretty much beaten him consistently.

The problem for both teams is the Vikings have NOT beaten 1 team with a winning record this year. The Packers have only beaten 1 and it was the Vikings although that game was at GB.

If I had to put money on one game this year between Mn and GB, I'd bet the Vikings because I think you will outscore the Packers. 48-42.
    If you don t have anything nice to say about somebody, come sit by me.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I won't answer that. Joe Senser was on the PA and Dubay show yesterday (KFAN), and he was talking about how confidence is a huge key. He said back when he first came into the league the Vikes were down to the Lions 10-0 at the old Met. One of the O-Linemen (I think Doug Sutherland) looked at him and said, "you watch, the Lions will find a way to lose this game" - they did. Sutherland said it is all about confidence. The Lions had no confidence that they could beat the Vikings. Senser said he's watched teams ever since that time and it has always been true, successful teams are confident teams. Our Purple Clad Lads presently do not have the confidence that they will win games, and they are finding a way to lose.

I think the Vikings and Packers are pretty closely matched talent-wise. But the Pack have the confidence they will win close games, and we don't.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"BigDaddy" wrote:
    Well, as someone whose watched both teams up close, it's hard to say. Offensively, with both teams at full strength, I think the Vikings are more dangerous and the better team.
    Defensively, it doesn't bode well for either of you but that would have to go to the Packers in my book.

Key factors: Vikings- If Moss is healthy and WANTS to play, it could be a long day for the opponents defense and alot of points could be scored. If Moss doesn't come to play, your offense becomes average.

Packers- If Favre is on, it's gonna be tough to stop him but if you force him out of his game and make him play catch up against a good defense, he'll lose 7 out of 10 times. They will put pressure on him and he will make those Favre like mistakes. Unfortunately, not many teams have done that to him, but the ones who have, have pretty much beaten him consistently.

The problem for both teams is the Vikings have NOT beaten 1 team with a winning record this year. The Packers have only beaten 1 and it was the Vikings although that game was at GB.

If I had to put money on one game this year between Mn and GB, I'd bet the Vikings because I think you will outscore the Packers. 48-42.
    What about the Jaguars?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

BigDaddy is offline Waterboy

Sorry, I stand corrected. Each team has 1 win against teams with a winning record. BTW, that wasn't meant as a slam against either team. Fact is there aren't many NFC teams this yr with a decent record. No one can help who they play.
    If you don t have anything nice to say about somebody, come sit by me.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Pack (right now), because of the obvious they are 8-5 and we are 7-6 and lost to them. But come Xmas eve, the Vikes!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

TheMaineViking is offline Training Camp

Both teams are horribly inconsistent, and I really don't know who is the better of the two. The Vikings I think have more talent but the Packers seem to be better coached. That's not a slam on Tice, it's a slam on Red who does not provide the coaching staff with nearly as much as what the Packers coaching staff has to work with.
    Les Steckel, More Bud

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Where the he!! is Kennebunkport, ME? How big is that city MEvike? Welcome to the board also!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast