lali0020 is offline Waterboy

Honestly, can we get a coach!

This Vikings team is one of the most pathetic sites I've ever seen and yet being the fan I am I can't help but watch every single game just hoping for a turn around. I just don't see it happening with the coaching staff we have right now. Mike Tice is out talking about having fun instead of winning football games. (I think the boys have had enough fun this year) He takes credit for the one win we got this year and we still played like $hit against one of the worst teams in the league. All of our other coaches are cheap back ups that were fired from every other respectable team in the league. Yet for some reason we seem to attract them. What about having a coach like Grant or Burnsy? Where are those teams? There might not have been a lot of winning but that was only due to lack of talent not a coaching staff.

I propose the Minnesota Vikings fans start a petition to have Mike Tice fired/resign before I have to see him grunting his way through another press conference trying to defend just how stupid he really is. And any new coach that we get, whether it be College or wherever should bring an entire new coaching staff with them.

Who's with ME?

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: Honestly, can we get a coach!

Did we need a new thread on this or could we have this in one of the other dozen threads? Thanks.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

"lali0020" wrote:
    This Vikings team is one of the most pathetic sites I've ever seen and yet being the fan I am I can't help but watch every single game just hoping for a turn around. I just don't see it happening with the coaching staff we have right now. Mike Tice is out talking about having fun instead of winning football games. (I think the boys have had enough fun this year) He takes credit for the one win we got this year and we still played like $hit against one of the worst teams in the league. All of our other coaches are cheap back ups that were fired from every other respectable team in the league. Yet for some reason we seem to attract them. What about having a coach like Grant or Burnsy? Where are those teams? There might not have been a lot of winning but that was only due to lack of talent not a coaching staff.

I propose the Minnesota Vikings fans start a petition to have Mike Tice fired/resign before I have to see him grunting his way through another press conference trying to defend just how stupid he really is. And any new coach that we get, whether it be College or wherever should bring an entire new coaching staff with them.

Who's with ME?
    You know the problem is Ziggy likes Tice. Tice should have been fired after the AZ Card season. Now you have a new owner that is looking over the NFL going you know what, I'm going to grow this guy. I see it coming Ziggy is going to give Tice the support he needs for next season. If he still fails well he will be gone. I think Tice is here for one more season.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

Not the right thing to do in the middle of the season, if anything wait until the offseason!

lali0020 is offline Waterboy

By waiting til the end of the season we are giving up on a chance to make something happen. We are still only one game out of the division lead and the one thing this club needs is a jolt. Plus if we bring in a new coaching staff it might not take hold right away but at least the improvement can get going a little earlier and then we have the coaches in place to gain some experience with the team, get ready for the free agent market, and the draft. Waiting will only cause more problems. The team will not succeed with the current coaching staff so why can't this be something that is taken care of mid-season.

vikesls is offline Rookie

Its probably not so much technique that's missing from the game but leadership both on and off the field. The talent is there, the ability is there. Memo is playing his a$$ off right now. If the other players were following suit, AS A TEAM, we'd be doing better.

So I'm not sure that a coach who is being fined for scalping his SB tickets is setting a good example. Where are we leading? I think he's capable if he'd just raise the expectation. To me, I think discipline is gone. Definitely off the field, so probably on the field as well? Ziggy is putting in a code of conduct (where was this? seems odd it was missing), but can they get the leadership discipline thing going in time to save the season? I don't know. It'll be hard to turn this year around.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"webmaster" wrote:
    Did we need a new thread on this or could we have this in one of the other dozen threads? Thanks.
    Yeah, and who's Cotteral? :wink:

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"webmaster" wrote:

NO SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many threads do they have to start on this subject!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is no going to be fired until after the season, so please move on!!

Webby the next person that starts one please BAN them for a week!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

not another one who wants tice gone. why is it always the coaches fault? why cant the palyers be held responseable for their actions on the field?
    We're bringing purple back.