Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Honestly

Honestly

tried and true is on fire! :angryfire: woooo!!!! cool down there, it'll be ok...lol. don't let his denial get to you, i've been there :wink:
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

Honestly

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    I don't deny that the Packers haven't gone out and got many players. However, I do not think that means that they will get worse. They blew 4th quarter leads, like the Vikings, in 4 games. I don't think they will do that either. Take 3 of those games away and they are 13-3.

What I really don't get is the talk about Favre going downhill the year after he lead the league in TD's with a running back who also had 20 TD's. Seem pretty productive to me. No matter what 90% of Viking fans would still rather have him than Fumbleaunte.
    Don't count on it...

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Honestly

Hmm, an aging QB who despite leading the league in toucdowns, was 1 short of leading the league in INTs.

Farvre: 17.4 INTs/season as a starter
    Culpepper: 15.7 INTs/seaseon as a starter

Farve: 4 fumbles lost/season
    Culpepper: 7 fumbles lost/ season

Meanwhile last season Farve throws 10 more INTs than Culpepper, but Culpepper only loses 4 more fumbles. Over Farves career he only really average about 1 turnover less per season, not taking into consideration his "decline".

Culpepper is the Pro Bowl starter who led the NFC in passer rating. I'll pass on Farve thank you very much, the viking plan on moving up, not down.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Honestly

While I am not to worried about the offense the defense still must be a concern this year. I do feel the Vikings can win the division but a couple of mistakes can put them in third place just as easily. This is the NFL and on any given day it only takes one mistake more than the other team makes to put a loss on the board. As for the packers they really did not do anything to help themselves and could end up in third very easily.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Honestly

I won't dent the Vikings have improved themselves. But to say the Packers have been worse when they have 20 of 22 starters returning from a team that won the Central "Championship" is ignorant. Having that many starters returning is invaluable. There is not learning curve. The Packers have possibly the bast O-line in the league. Their offensive power is compairable to the Vikings, and last years stats hold that to be true. Their defense, like the Vikings is still a weak point, but after a year under their belt, should be better. They are, yes, minus one pro-bowl corner, and no doubt will hurt. But one corner does not make a team.

I like the enthusasum at this site. Its fun. I don't agree with what people say, but I recognize passion.

Anyway, I think the Vikings will improve. I just think the Packers will be better. The Vikings are banking their improvments on unproven players. The Packers, on players who have been there. There is a bit of a difference. Obviously injuries will play a part.

Don't forget, you still have that moron Tice running your team. He's worth 3 losses per year minimum.
    3 Straight Division Champs

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Honestly

"triedandtruevikesfan" wrote:
    You know packman... maybe its just me, but you're really starting to get on my nerves. I welcome the fact that we have cheeseheads on our site, but what right do you have coming on here telling us how optimistic we can or can't be. Its not just this posting! Do I hate the packers? With all that is in my Viking loving heart! That doesn't mean that I can't be realistic about both sides though. In all HONESTY your team is declining. We've been up and down and back and forth on the reasons why so I won't go into that again. What I don't get is how you think that you're going to have a better record this year then you did last! You added a couple of rookies and thats it! You're team wasn't that great last year... they were decent and the only reason they got to the playoffs was because of our shortcomings... not your greatness.
    I like how you claim that the "only" reason the Packers made the playoffs was because of the Vikings "shortcomings." Its as if the Packers winning thier last 4 games in a row had nothing to do with it. Kinda like one of my fifth graders who can't give credit to any of their peers. lol Just one question... How does returning 20 of 22 starters mean a team is declining? Because they have more experience together? Because they do not need time to work together? Because they have had one year to work out the bugs? And please, don't bring up the "Farve is old" comments. Those are just ignorant and cause people to not even read the posts.
    3 Straight Division Champs

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Honestly

Alright heres the way I see it. Everyone knows that Favre is getting old... so we don't have to even talk about it. You're D was no better then ours last year, and what is it that your team did to improve it? Brang it Batman who is extremely full of himself, but has not yet proven anything. Maybe he will be as good as he says, we'll have to see. Other then that, they didn't do anything to work on that. You were 11-5 and we were 10-6. We've done a lot of improving this off season from adding new players to new coaches. Your team virtually stayed the same. Now how is it that you feel that you're going to do so much better then us? Granted I realize you gave us a play-off birth in your prediction... but I really don't see the pack having a better record then us. I will however say that I would also think they'll be a wild card team... IF the Bears don't do as well as I think they will.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Honestly

You know packman, we play in the NFC north, there is no central division, so the packers can have that mythological "championship" .

Nevertheless, returning starters would be great if the were all great to begin with. As much as you love to credit yourself with the best group of receivers in the league, I think you need your brain checked:

Lets compare for fun!

Driver:
    52 rec, 621 yards, 2TDs
    Burleson:
    29 rec, 455 yards, 2TDs

verdict?, slight edge for Packers

Ferguson:
    38 rec, 520 yards, 4TDs
    Campbell:
    25 rec, 522 yards, 4TDs

Hmm, very even. Ferguson has more catches which means A: he is more dependable and B: much less explosive when he catches the ball.

Moe Williams:
    65 rec, 644 yards, 3TDs
    Ahman Green:
    50 rec, 367 yards, 5TDs

Moe is the better receiver, especially considering he isn't the full time starter, whereas Green is always on the field.

Obviously Bubba franks has more "pass catching ability" than any Minnesota TE, so I won't argue that. On the other hand we don't really use them for that as much.

Finally lets look at the #1 receivers:

Walker:
    41 rec, 716 yards, 9TDs
    Moss:
    111 rec, 1632 yards, 17 TDs

Moss has more TDs than the Packers entire WR corp, almost as many yards as all of them combined and 20 rec short of all of them combined. Campbell and burleson are just icing on the cake. It looks to me like we have better receiving production, but then again Moss is a cancer to our team right? That production will do nothing but lose us games right?

Minnesota:
    rushing: 2343 yards
    Passing: 3951 yards
    TOTAL: 6294 yards

Packers:
    rushing: 2558 yards
    Passing: 3240 yards
    TOTAL: 5798 yards

Take what you want from the stats, but they clearly show our WR group is better.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Honestly

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    And please, don't bring up the "Farve is old" comments. Those are just ignorant and cause people to not even read the posts.
    [size=7px][/size]

Farve is old.
    And ignorant is thinking you might no what someone will read.
    Unlike Packer Fans most Viking fans are able to read these posts
    without help or someone else reading to them :lol:
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

owensforpres is offline Pro-Bowler

Honestly

honestly the pack are done. they got lucky last year, and this year shows no improvement. our vikes will definitely win the division this year, with chicago edging the pack for second, if grossman starts all yr.
    699966daa73d890a9f6ec440ad82bccc

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast