Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Honestly

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Honestly

I have no clue what the VIkes are going to do. I think we'll be a playoff team but there are so many things that factor in!! Like someone said earlier, if Moss gets hurt that takes away at least a couple of wins. I think one thing that will hurt us this year is for a couple of games we won't get very much rest, like after the Monday nighters, and then we need to go on the road to play tough teams. I think we'll get to 10 wins and make the playoffs. The packers, I have no clue, it depends on how much Favre pulls out of his @ss!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Honestly

"packmanxxxi" wrote:
    Ok ok....

There are still several months before the season starts, so this is all just for fun, but what is you REAL assessment of the Viking season. All of you talk alot of shit, throw wild numbers around, and spout off on paper. But what do you REALLY feel. I mean, your all excited about some SI moron who picked the Vikes to go to the SB... but he picked the Dolphins as well. Anyone can see that that article is more of a late April Fool's joke than a serious national article.

So what is your REAL assessment. I see the Pack at 12-4 (20 starters returning from a championship team), Vikes at 10-6 (make the playoffs and improving), Det at 8-8 and Bears at 5-11. This may be the Packs last year as they will be going down hill and the Vikes climbing, but not yet. Anyway, I know 5 out of 6 posts will be some SB mombo-jombo, but those that can talk intellecutally, feel free to respond.

I think both the vikes and pack will have really good teams next year. I see both making the playoffs and being dangerous teams in the playoffs. I think that if the vikes new, talented d players can gel quickly, we will have the D, to go a long ways, if we do make the playoffs. I personally see the pack having problems on the D-line and at CB, if they loose McKenzie(although they could get a good player in return for him). I think that these 2 areas will hurt the pack in the playoffs. I do realize that pack fans could say that our LB corp will hurt us this year, but if we do sign trotter or another vet, like we want to, I think LB will be pretty strong for us. There would be way too much talent at that position, not to be good. I think EJ and dontarrious will be much better for our D, than biekert and crockett were last year.

I see both teams with similar records, but I say the vikes have a better shot at doing something while in the playoffs, if their new D players gel like I expect them too.

Vikes 12-4
    Pack 11-5
    Bears 5-11
    Lions 5-11

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Honestly

I must say, even though I disagree with most, its nice that people really are realistic.

Anyway... have a great season!
    3 Straight Division Champs

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

Honestly

Yah know, the cards last year fell out for the Vikes. GB shoulda hit Vegas. Tillman made his play...we woulda been in the playoffs with that one, and the dreaded Cards game...sheesh. Two strikes? Owwie. At the same time, Farve had "angels" watching over him.... And they got a team that didn't want to win the last game of the season. Not this year. Things will even up, luck wise. By standing pat, (sorta), the Packers lost big time ground. Minny has changed 5...I belive starters...GB with the Mackenzie sit. has lost two, that isn't much difference number wise, but will be result wise. We have gotten serious upgrades, GB hasn't. And this will tell. The Vikes have all the pieces in place, I am reminded of the '98 team in ways, but better D. Out on a limb, I will say,

Vikes, 14-2
    GB 9-7
    Det 8-8
    Bears 5-11

I just cannot see GB even approaching that many wins, Packman....they were not that good last year, they had "angels", dogs in the last game of the season, etc. And if anything, they are worse now. But I loved the trick Farve had in the Philly game, if he just put his arm behind his back, he could catch those. =P. We will see, and you can also take your notebook out, and give me crap, after the season. =D.

Claiborne55 is offline Rookie

Honestly

I think the Vikes will go either 12-4 or 13-3. Not only have they improved the team significantly with players like Winfield, Udeze, and Robinson, but I also doubt they will give up games to teams like Arizona, Oakland, and San Diego. They remember how much those games cost them last year and they will not make that mistake again. As for the Packers, I would guess probabaly 8-8 or 9-7. I think they are a slightly worse team than last year simply because Favre is going downhill and the distraction of Mckenzie's situation. Unless Favre wins games by himself(which he unfortunately can do), I don't see the Packers doing any better than getting a wild card spot and exiting the playoffs in the first round.

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Honestly

Vikes 12-4
    Packers 10-6 or 9-7
    Lions 8-8
    Bears 7-9

I think last year was the Packer's last year.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Honestly

I don't deny that the Packers haven't gone out and got many players. However, I do not think that means that they will get worse. They blew 4th quarter leads, like the Vikings, in 4 games. I don't think they will do that either. Take 3 of those games away and they are 13-3.

What I really don't get is the talk about Favre going downhill the year after he lead the league in TD's with a running back who also had 20 TD's. Seem pretty productive to me. No matter what 90% of Viking fans would still rather have him than Fumbleaunte.
    3 Straight Division Champs

Honestly

Sorry packman, but your philoshophy of "returning players from last years championship team", will not and does not work. The Packers have average talent with an above average QB. I think the Packers will be decent, but will not make the playoffs. There is too much talent in the NFC and too many teams have made huge strides in improving their teams while the Packers have sat back and been in salary cap hell.

By the way, how do you call your packers a "championship team?" Last I checked the Patriots won the Superbowl and the Packers went out in the 2nd round??? And the Vikings are tagged as losers when we make it to the NFC championship game... c'mon man, get real.

Vikings 11-5
    Packers 8-8
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

Honestly

Let's not forget that they will also be adjusting to a new defensive scheme.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Honestly

You know packman... maybe its just me, but you're really starting to get on my nerves. I welcome the fact that we have cheeseheads on our site, but what right do you have coming on here telling us how optimistic we can or can't be. Its not just this posting! Do I hate the packers? With all that is in my Viking loving heart! That doesn't mean that I can't be realistic about both sides though. In all HONESTY your team is declining. We've been up and down and back and forth on the reasons why so I won't go into that again. What I don't get is how you think that you're going to have a better record this year then you did last! You added a couple of rookies and thats it! You're team wasn't that great last year... they were decent and the only reason they got to the playoffs was because of our shortcomings... not your greatness.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast