Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Honestly

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Honestly

Ok ok....

There are still several months before the season starts, so this is all just for fun, but what is you REAL assessment of the Viking season. All of you talk alot of shit, throw wild numbers around, and spout off on paper. But what do you REALLY feel. I mean, your all excited about some SI moron who picked the Vikes to go to the SB... but he picked the Dolphins as well. Anyone can see that that article is more of a late April Fool's joke than a serious national article.

So what is your REAL assessment. I see the Pack at 12-4 (20 starters returning from a championship team), Vikes at 10-6 (make the playoffs and improving), Det at 8-8 and Bears at 5-11. This may be the Packs last year as they will be going down hill and the Vikes climbing, but not yet. Anyway, I know 5 out of 6 posts will be some SB mombo-jombo, but those that can talk intellecutally, feel free to respond.
    3 Straight Division Champs

GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman

Honestly

Im feeling iffy on this year... but next year watch out!

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Honestly

I would agree with that... I think this is the Packers year, but probably the last... then the Vikes/Lions battle for 4-5 yrs till the Pack rebuilds at the QB position
    3 Straight Division Champs

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Honestly

I see the Vikes winning the division, and probably win a playoff game. I am not confident at all that we will win the Superbowl this year though, we are still a little ways off. Then again, anything can happen.

The vikes O will be tops again with our Defense arounf 15th or something, depending on how our young LBs play.

Personally I don't see how the Pack can improve to 12-4 especially when they barely made it to 10-6 last season (after winning 4 of the last 5 games or something). They WILL NOT improve their record this season. Losing Harris will hurt the Pack alot especially against us. They might make a wildcard, but won't go far in the playoffs. The bears/lions will share 3rd-4th as usual with neither making the playoffs.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Honestly

Honestly the Vikings will beat the Pack twice this
    year. Get out your notebook and
    MARK MY WORDS> Thank You.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Honestly

I don't know where you get 12-4. The division teams have done nothing but get tougher, and you've got to play the first place guys in the NFC from last year (Rams, Panthers). Granted, they are teams somewhat on the decline, but they still have got a core of awesome players. And we've both got to play the AFC south and the NFC east, which are shaping up to be tough divisions. Frankly, I can't see the Packers winning the division this year, but they could still make the playoffs.
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Honestly

First of all you can't deny that the Vikings, Bears and Lions all made huge strides in the offseason while the Packers, pressed by the salary cap, basically did nothing. So the NFC North will be much more balanced as far as talent this year.

Looking at the schedule, the NFC North plays the NFC East and the AFC South this year. Plenty of good teams in those divisions. Anything can happen. I think the Vikings have a very good shot at winning the division title this year because they took care of their most pressing needs on defense.

My prediction is every team in the NFC North will have a better record than last year. Looking around the NFC, I think there is a good possibility that two NFC North teams will make the playoffs this year. The seeds will be:

1. Philadelphia
    2. Seattle
    3. Minnesota
    4. Atlanta
    5. Washington
    6. Green Bay/Chicago

I hate to leave Carolina out but the Falcons look very good coming into this season.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Honestly

I see the VIKINGS at 11-5, PACKERS 9-7 LIONS 8-8, BEARS 5-11, that is what I see happening this coming season.
    VIKINGS are KINGS of the NFC North

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Honestly

I really do see both the Packers and the Vikes winning between 9-11 games each. I think this is the year both teams are very even, and it will be little things (that will eventually become excuses) that will determine who finishes second.

Injuries are huge, as always, for both teams. If Moss gets hurt, or Favre gets hurt, you can easily subtract several wins from their team.

I think the Pack has held steady, and therefore are capable of 10 wins again. But the McKenzie situation may be a cloud/cancer, but if we swing a deal and get a decent player in return (say, we deal Mckenzie and OUR third rounder for a quality starter) it could add to the team. McKenzie is decent, but would be hampered with the new DB rules anyway.

Minnesota has a lot of new players and a lot of youth. Guys like Udeze will be playing right away, and there will need to be time to allow this team to gel. They could get all their talent together and have a great season. However, the implosion of last year and the dumbfounded, deer-in-headlights, chair-throwing-at-the-last-minute coaching plays large, too.

Finally, Detroit and Chicago are major spoilers this year. If either of our teams focuses too much on the other and forgets that our division rivals are also improving, a division loss may spell the difference.

2005, we'll see. 2004...may the better team win.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Honestly

packmann, i'm gonna keep this respectable. with all due respect, i think LAST year was the pack's last year. they really should have done something about their next qb this year, because the draft is not looking good for qb's next year.
    anyway, as stated by others, because your team was strapped in the cap you were not able to make improvements on your team. sure you return a lot of starters, but were all those starters good enough to start? or were they just plugged in because you didn't have anything better?
    your team is getting a little older, a little slower, and your draft, frankly, left a lot to be desired.
    let me reiterate, i am NOT berating your team. i'm just calling it as i see it. :thumbright:
    the bears, while i don't quite see the direction they are heading, are at least heading somewhere. good draft and improved their o-line.
    the lions, while i don't see them as the offensive jugernaut this year that everyone else does, look scarey a couple of years from now.
    the vikings do have holes. the linebackers are young. the ever-popular special teams still need to show me something. however, thanks to rob bresinski (our capologist) we are looking great with our cap for the next 3-4 years.
    thus, without further ado :roll: , here are my standings after week 17:

minnesota 10-6
    green bay 8-8
    chicago 6-10
    detroit 5-11

the division, as a whole, has improved. given an injury here or there, anything can happen. but i think this is a very realistic expectation of where these teams will land. ok, now let me have it.
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast