Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Honest;y how do you see this season going

In my mind it all depends on how the offensive and defensive lines play. If they can both play better than expected I think the Vikes could be in the hunt for a playoff spot. If both play to their expected level or worse, the Vikes have a losing season.

My guess is they play about where we expect them to and they go 7-9 or 8-8.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1105110
    5-11
    7 wins at the absolute most. But 5-11 isn't that far out of the realm of possibility.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

4-12

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Freakout" #1105112
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1105110
    As I have said all off season the best thing for the team might be to spend a few years in the cellar where they can load up on high draft picks and build a roster for the future. Right now too many core players are past their prime so the odds of us getting to a SB in the next few years is as slim as it has been in decades.

5-11
    Yeah that has worked out great for teams like the 49ers, Lions, and Dolphins.

Loser mentality.

Really? look at the record for the 49ers back in the late 70's before they drafted Montana.

Check the record of the Cowboys before they drafted Aikman
    Check the record of the Colts before they drafted Manning.
    Check the record of the Falcons before they drafted Ryan.

Of course I understand that what other teams have done means precisely dick in the context of what will happen to the Vikings because the variables are too great but hey, this is an internet forum so it must have some correlation.:laugh:

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

I tried to be as honest as possible with results and the best I could get was 7-9 I think the pack will do the double on us, we'll best the bears and lions at home but lose away. Be a year to build and strengthen the o line which we really need to do
    Purple till i die

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Why would we be worse than last year?

Childress is gone, that has to buy us a few games.

Favre is gone. McKinnie is gone. Madieu Williams is gone.

We respect our current coach.

We lost Rice and Edwards. So what? Rice barely played last year. Edwards produced because of who surrounded him.

We drafted well, got healthier at secondary, deeper at WR and younger as a whole.

The shortened offseason might impact those young players, but I honestly can't imagine how we don't play better than we did last year.

You can ignore everything I just wrote and read this one sentence: Without a horrible coach, teams play better. Brad Childress was a horrible coach, therefore we will be better.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I honestly think it will come down to the outcome of the first game. I don't think it will be a blowout, I could see the game being tied at 20 with 5 minutes left, or us being down 23-20, or up, etc, but basically, the game being within reach, if we pull out a close game on the road against San Diego to start the season, I think we build momentum, gain confidence and get rolling.

I am not yet sold on Stafford as Detroit's QB. They seemed to play better as a team last year when he was out. While their defense has gotten much better over the last couple years, they could still compete, but I don't see them making too much noise, maybe 7-9.

I think the Bears finish last in the division this year. Their O-line is still horrible, the main reason for their record last year was all their turnovers, it happens every year in the NFL, and has happened to the Bears twice in the last 10 years, a team comes out of nowhere to make the playoff, make a run, everyone's talking about how great their D is because they got all the turnovers, the following year, turnovers don't come as easy, all of a sudden, pressure's back on the offense, team struggles. I think the Bears are a 6-10 team.

As for the Packers, you have to respect Aaron Rodgers, and they do have alot of weapons. However, it gets exhausting hearing the media talk about how they're equipped to be the next dynasty, etc. Let's not forget what they were last year, a borderline playoff team who got hot at the right time.

As for the Vikings, we've got a lot of questions. How will Mcnabb play? Who will step up at WR? Will the offensive line holdup? How will our secondary play? Will Griffin stay healthy? Will Robison show why he was given the starting job? Will Peterson have a career year? I see us as a borderline playoff team right now. It's hard to imagine, given our problems, coming out of the gate strong, and going 13-3. It's not that hard to see us as a 9-7 team though. Let's say we finish 10-6, winning a game or two we maybe shouldn't have. All that needs to happen then, is get hot at the right time, and this time next year, they're talking about the Vikings being the next dynasty.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Mr Anderson" #1105156
    Why would we be worse than last year?
    Because the team was built to win 2 years ago with the FA's we signed and the contracts that were back loaded to the current time and we didn't win so mow we are dealing with a high payroll that limits our ability to bring in talent coupled by the poor job that has been done in developing 2-6th round talent into quality starters that can compete with the rest of the league.

Childress is gone, that has to buy us a few games.
    But the seeds of futility that he sewed are still germinating and will take a few years to weed out.

Favre is gone. McKinnie is gone. Madieu Williams is gone.
    But who have we replaced them with? In each case the replacement was a downgrade in on the field talent and we had no competent reserves playing behind them that could step in and play with no drop off in talent.

We respect our current coach.
    That and 7 dollars will get you a double latte at Starbucks:cheer:

We lost Rice and Edwards. So what? Rice barely played last year. Edwards produced because of who surrounded him.

We drafted well, got healthier at secondary, deeper at WR and younger as a whole.

The shortened offseason might impact those young players, but I honestly can't imagine how we don't play better than we did last year.
    Sometimes that is the best way to be so the pain doesn't kick in until it actually happens. I have unfortunately been watching them long enough to know.

You can ignore everything I just wrote and read this one sentence: Without a horrible coach, teams play better. Brad Childress was a horrible coach, therefore we will be better.
    Better than what? Every year is different and every team has changes in rosters and strength of schedule that impact them different than the year before. Yes, Childress sucked but Frazier didn't set the defensive world on fire with his coaching so at this point we have no idea whether or not he will be a step up. Personally I sincerely hope we end up a better team but we have a hell of a long way to go.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I'd say at best we'll be a 9-7 team, at worst probably gonna be about 5-11. We better re sign AD, that's all I know.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach

10 and 6 .... could be real .... as anything else .... that's my waffle and I'm sticking with it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast