Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    kyleburkle is offline Rookie

Honest;y how do you see this season going

i see starting out at 1 and 3

mcnabb benched, and see if ponder has anythings

unfortunately he will have to do it with the worst receivin corp in football

but i see a 5 and 11 year

hopefully a big draft, we cant lose paymakers like sidney
    None

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re: Honest;y how do you see this season going

So glad you're back.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

I say 7-9 at best. We have some growing pains ahead.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

I see a 9-7 season coming. In reality we are not that far away. Losing Sidney Rice is not as big of deal.. He is not special. I think we knew he will have issues with hip still. He was too expensive to keep for the production he gave us in 4 yrs time.. I also think McNabb will have a better year than being 1-3 and getting benched. I think we will be better than last year offensively.. Go Vikes..

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Personally I am tired of the decades of 11-5 to 5-11 type swings where we are really never terrible but never good enough to win a SB.

As I have said all off season the best thing for the team might be to spend a few years in the cellar where they can load up on high draft picks and build a roster for the future. Right now too many core players are past their prime so the odds of us getting to a SB in the next few years is as slim as it has been in decades.

5-11

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

11-5, wild card, playoff win.

Just kidding.

Somewhere between 6-10 and 9-7. Probably 7-9 or 8-8.

Get me drunk and I'll tell you much better or much worse.

Freakout is offline Coordinator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1105110
    As I have said all off season the best thing for the team might be to spend a few years in the cellar where they can load up on high draft picks and build a roster for the future. Right now too many core players are past their prime so the odds of us getting to a SB in the next few years is as slim as it has been in decades.

5-11
    Yeah that has worked out great for teams like the 49ers, Lions, and Dolphins.

Loser mentality.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Like I said in the other thread regarding this topic. I think we finish 7-9 at best.

Especially considering Frazier isn't going to give the starters the time together that they need to gel & get a rhythm going prior to the start of the regular season when games don't count. He wants to keep his starting players healthy by giving them as little playing time as he can.

Instead he plans on that learning curve happening during the first part of the season when games count.

It's OK to rest your starters for a good part of the preseason if those units didn't change much from the prior year, but when you're talking brand new QB, new OC coordinator, new schemes, several new starters & an offseason which was extremely shortened with a TC with few padded practices & an offseason void of all OTA's & minicamps, you better get your starters as much playing time together as possible.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1105110
    Personally I am tired of the decades of 11-5 to 5-11 type swings where we are really never terrible but never good enough to win a SB.

5-11
    Well if they go with your idea, bye-bye Adrian.

gamecocksbaseball31 is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1105127
    Like I said in the other thread regarding this topic. I think we finish 7-9 at best.

Especially considering Frazier isn't going to give the starters the time together that they need to gel & get a rhythm going prior to the start of the regular season when games don't count. He wants to keep his starting players healthy by giving them as little playing time as he can.

Instead he plans on that learning curve happening during the first part of the season when games count.

It's OK to rest your starters for a good part of the preseason if those units didn't change much from the prior year, but when you're talking brand new QB, new OC coordinator, new schemes, several new starters & an offseason which was extremely shortened with a TC with few padded practices & an offseason void of all OTA's & minicamps, you better get your starters as much playing time together as possible.
    I don't think 8-8 is out of the question, but it will be interesting. I think in the previous "predict the season" thread I said somewhere around 10-6. I think that was just me looking at the teams we were playing and being very bias. It's going to be a dogfight every single game and we have a ways to go before we are contending for a playoff spot.

With that said, I think we have the coach who can get us there sooner than later.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast