Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Be HONEST - Has the DEFENSE really improved?

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    Well, our d is moving up in rankings as the season goes on, compared to our D last year, that seem to get worse each week.
    Think about it, guys...it takes alot to move up the rankings when you are down...so by extension, our D has to be playing a helluva lot better to accomplish that. I will take them playing great now (as opposed to early in the season) because that means that they will have momentum going into the end of season games that we need to win and then into the playoffs (that we also need to win to move ahead). Once the offense fires back up and the defense gets to spend less time on the field and gets to protect leads instead of having to stop teams from extending their early leads, the team as a whole will be infinitely better. I like the prospects of this year's team much better than last year's team...timing is everything! 8)
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

uncle tony is offline Rookie

Two weeks in a row the D stepped up and stoped the offense from scoring. Let's hope we don't need that for the bears game. But if we do it's nice to know that they can make the play.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"uncle tony" wrote:
    Two weeks in a row the D stepped up and stoped the offense from scoring. Let's hope we don't need that for the bears game. But if we do it's nice to know that they can make the play.
    Let's hope we don't need it for any game here on out.

Face it, we need to play like we did on the last drive of the last 2 games for a whole game. The Jags and the Kittens were not great offenses at all.

This week, we will get a chance to try and stop the run. Let's put the hurts to Thomas and Jones and make them not want to run through the line anymore.

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Well I think the Vikings at this point have as good a chance of going to the SB as any team in the NFC. However the elite teams are all in the AFC.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

"dan3ski" wrote:
    Well I think the Vikings at this point have as good a chance of going to the SB as any team in the NFC. However the elite teams are all in the AFC.
    The AFC teams are beatable! It will take a heck of a defensive effort for one game, balls to the walls.

Don't let the mediocre NFC and the ESPN guys try and tell you different. Just because most of the teams in the NFC are 4-7 doesn't mean every team in the NFC plays like they are 4-7. It just so happens that the AFC has put a lot of those loses in the NFC teams L columns. None of the AFC teams have the O to put it to the top teams in the NFC's D. It will be within reach and it is who comes out on top and the way the ball bounces and many other cliches.

THE FAT LADY ISN'T SINGING YET.

TheMaineViking is offline Training Camp

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    I think this season has shown, what packers fans were trying to tell us all offseason, that our safeties are nowhere near as good as some of us thought they were after last season. Russell flat out needs to go in the offseason. Thank god we just gave him that crappy one year deal in the offseason, instead of a big contract like some people wanted. Chavous is a decent safety, but not a great one. He would be much better, if we could draft or sign an ed reed, roy williams, or sean taylor type of saftey next offseason.
    i would just like to see these two stop dropping the picks that have come their way. they combined for 17 last year...if they can't get any against the bears, we're hurting. i like chavous but russell is just not getting it done.
    Les Steckel, More Bud

Russell and Williams have both dropped a few INTs

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123