Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Homepage Report: Updated Features

Almost all of our major components are updated!

Accounts

Now, you can tie your facebook profile to your PPO profile. You only need to remember one login! Your facebook profile will share your avatar with PPO and it will also update your PPO status lines in our community section with your Facebook status. Two updates for the price of one!

Forums

A newer, cleaner look. Bigger, bolder type and easier to read screens, prepping us for mobile versions on iPhone and Blackberry. When you view the forums, convenient tabs at the top allow you to view quickly all recent discussions, discussions you are a part of, or the classic category view. Additional abilities will be noticed throughout as you begin to use this system, including things like being able to "hide" portions of you post from guests, etc.

We stripped away a lot of garbage to make using the forums easier, and far easier for us to maintain and administer as time marches on. This was critical for us as we were reaching an untenable point this fall.

How to get to forums? Notice the links from the Home section, the Community sections, or the usual place under the Talk tab at top. Many ways to get to the same great discussions.

Forum Search

Forums search is much improved.

Community

A new playground for all Vikings fans! A tremendous social asset to the site, it allows you to take control of Purplepride. Create your own page, your own blog! Add photos and videos to your own private gallery. Pull your twitter feed onto your profile to keep people up on your life outside the Vikings! You may also create groups around any subject matter you like, just like Facebook. It doesn't even need to be solely Vikings related; I plan on quite a few groups myself.

Be sure you click around, add some content, and then invite your friends to join the most featured community on the web, here at PPO. Make sure to visit your buddy's profiles and add them to your friend list for additional features.

Live Chat

Live Chat is now fully integrated into the site. No more asshats joining the gameday or everyday chat rooms. Okay, I can't control all that, but public guests and users will not have access. Watch in the near future as the Beserker Yell works from the forums or the live chat page...so you can switch between them to keep an eye on multiple chats on gameday!

Facebook-like IM/Chat

The bottom bar made famous by Facebook. This is in beta. It has quick links to your galleries and applications, but also features a instant messaging function. Click on chat in the lower right, and your buddy list will appear.

Arcade

The arcade is now moved to the main part of the site, and will be growing over the next month or two to prep for the downtime after our Super Bowl victory.

My Thoughts

All in all, this is a first move as we have planned a bunch of additional features. Most of the bullet-proof code updates coming soon will be transparent. This is the most jarring of updates we have had in a long time, and will be the most for the foreseeable future. By making this move, we can now add features and cool stuff for the best Vikings fans on the net much easier! You know I love to tinker....so it can only get better from here.

Join the Feedback group in the Community to provide us feedback. I will be taking that there. Let your friends know about the upgrades and welcome them to make that plunge! Lurkers, its your turn to participate...and you have many more opportunities now than just the forum.

In summary, SKOL! Thank you for your patience!

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

Re: Homepage Report: Updated Features

Also, keep an eye on the announcements link at top from time to time.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Homepage Report: Updated Features

Looking good. Still gonna have to play around and get a feel for the new layout.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Homepage Report: Updated Features

Gee willikers Webby, this place looks neat!

I had the login error, took all of 30 seconds to repair.

I'm checking out the features now, looks great, thanks for the upgrades!

First thing I'm going to do is search for "Gee Willikers" in the search function.

First thing I'm going to do is search for "Gee Willikers" in the search function.
    Searched and found in seconds! Look at the post timestamps.

I think I'm gonna like this.

I know it's new, and these will probably be fixed whether I point it out or not, but any chance to help I'll take:

Facebook bottom bar "Activities" button, when clicked the font is all white, can't see it unless highlighted.

From the huddle:
    I believe it used to show the most recently bumped threads, not the most recent posts.

I'll be around all day tomorrow, no class til 5, so I'll be browsing and playing around and posting anything else I find.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Unless I am blind, the only thing I miss is the quick reply. But really, this is my first post under the new stuff and I am sure after playing around with options, this will all be for the better. Nice work webbys!
    We're bringing purple back.

It's here, just used it to post this. Immediately to the left of "reply" I remember there used to be a profile setting to enable it or turn it off, maybe that could have something to do with it.

I posted a huge edit on my previous post as well, but it didn't show up for some reason.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

looks awesome!
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

Mark_The_Viking is offline Asst. Coach

Nice job webby, will have a real play when I get home this evening
    Purple till i die

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast