Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Holy hands: Rice catches nearly everything

The statistical analysis site tracked how many times a player was the target of a pass and how many times they made the catch. According to Football Outsiders’ stats, the fluctuation from one year to the next was high in their “drop rate” category, but Rice led all receivers over the last two years, dropping just 1.3 percent of the passes in which he was targeted. Free-agent running back Brian Westbrook led all backs at 0.9 percent
    The last 2 years? Damn, the Noodle was helping even before he got here. :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re:Holy hands: Rice catches nearly everything

Offensive Drop Rate
    Outsider article mentioned in the VU piece.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Marrdro wrote:
    The statistical analysis site tracked how many times a player was the target of a pass and how many times they made the catch. According to Football Outsiders’ stats, the fluctuation from one year to the next was high in their “drop rate” category, but Rice led all receivers over the last two years, dropping just 1.3 percent of the passes in which he was targeted. Free-agent running back Brian Westbrook led all backs at 0.9 percent
    Nah, Rice could always catch, he just didn't have the ball thrown at him as much in the before Favre days. The after Favre era allows us to see the players for what they can be.

tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Nah, Rice could always catch, he just didn't have the ball thrown at him as much in the before Favre days. The after Favre era allows us to see the players for what they can be.
    I guess that happens when you go from a run first, run second, run third team into a chuck it all over the field team.

Nonetheless, he still had a pretty good catch vs drop ratio even though he wasn't catching the ball every offensive play.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I guess that happens when you go from a run first, run second, run third team into a chuck it all over the field team.

Nonetheless, he still had a pretty good catch vs drop ratio even though he wasn't catching the ball every offensive play.
    I think you mean:

I guess that happens when you go from a rookie, third option in a run first option, to being injured most of the year to being the #1 guy in a passing offense.

Of course having a good quarterback helps speed that development along.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

I think you mean:

I guess that happens when you go from a rookie, third option in a run first option, to being injured most of the year to being the #1 guy in a passing offense.

I think you mean......

Of course having a good WR who can carry a quarterback along to speed up his development and keep him from throwing a bunch of INT's.

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

I think you mean:

I think you mean......

Of course having a good WR who can carry a quarterback along to speed up his development and keep him from throwing a bunch of INT's.
    nope, I mean what I say. Kinda a foreign concept, I know :P

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

I think you mean:

I think you mean......

And I don't? :huh:

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

I think you mean:

I think you mean......

And I don't? :huh:
    not often no :P

just look back to the Gerhart or TJ discussions :P

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    tastywaves wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

I think you mean:

+1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast