Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Holcomb Cut

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Holcomb Cut

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]AHEM.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Looks like my plan is coming together.
    ;D

That just opens up a roster for a QB (KH) to be drafted and opens a roster spot for Mills (T-rich).
    YOu predicted us drafting a QB?
    What round?
    I say take Brohm and run with him.
    You seriously want to use our first pick on a QB with questions about his arm strength? I don't think there is a realistic chance that the Vikings will take a QB before the 4th round. What I'm pulling for is someone like Ainge or O'Connell in the fourth.

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own

You can quote me if you want... Brian Brohm is not going to anything at the pro-level.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I could care less about holcomb, but losing Richardson is a big deal. He made the pro-bowl and the vikings had the number one rushing offense, why would they break up that combo? I am really starting to wonder if the ownership and F/O are really willing to spend the money it takes.
    It isn't so hard to understand really.

Take a look at what they have been trying to do with respect to FB.

They are looking for a guy that can not only block (TE) but can also catch the ball out of the back field (TE).
    They have tried with Dugan (very little success) but I believe this is really what the brought Mills onto the team for last year.

Can you imagine the versatility he adds to the back field?

I know it sucks about T-rich, but really, what teams other than us and SD really run a true FB in the backfield anymore.
    Just takes to much away from the versatility a H-back kindof guy gives you in the WCO.

As with all fan favorites, its hard to see them go and it is even harder to try to rationalize it but I believe it is for the best.
    I have to ask, if that is truly what they want, and Dugan was unsatisfactory, why did they resign him to a 5 year deal last year?? Even if they only wanted him as a reliable backup, he must have fit some type of mold that Chilly had in mind.
    Did I say unsatisfactory or very little success?

I think I said the later.
    Additionally, I think I am on record enough on this site as saying that Dugan isn't going anywere.
    The mold he fits is a guy who has blocking, and catching skills not only out of the backfield but can also go in motion out of the backfield, can break out and move to a traditional TE spot out of the back field etc etc.

Again, no were did I say the experiment was unsatisfactory.
    The success will come my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Big loss there.

/sarcasm

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]AHEM.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

;D

That just opens up a roster for a QB (KH) to be drafted and opens a roster spot for Mills (T-rich).
    What round?
    I am not set on the round but I believe they will go out and get a kid (much like Thygpen) that they can groom to be a backup and eventual starter in a few years.

Lets not forget.
    TJ is starting his 3rd year next year.
    If a kid learns the way most would like (on the bench and not under center) we could be looking for a guy in a couple of years depending on how TJ evolves or what kindof contract he will want when his first one is over.

I like the Ainge kid that Gregcox pointed out in the mock draft thread but there are several out there that can be had in the later rounds of the draft.

Brohm will go to high and I am not exactly so sure he is gonna be anything but a back up at the next level.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"C" wrote:
    You can quote me if you want... Brian Bohm is not going to anything at the pro-level.
    Ahhh, much like T-jack.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

What round?
    I am not set on the round but I believe they will go out and get a kid (much like Thygpen) that they can groom to be a backup and eventual starter in a few years.

Lets not forget.
    If a kid learns the way most would like (on the bench and not under center) we could be looking for a guy in a couple of years depending on how TJ evolves or what kindof contract he will want when his first one is over.

I like the Ainge kid that Gregcox pointed out in the mock draft thread but there are several out there that can be had in the later rounds of the draft.

Brohm will go to high and I am not exactly so sure he is gonna be anything but a back up at the next level.
    I disagree, the guy looks as polished as they come. His arm is strong and he makes all of the throws. He was a 1st rounder last year but went back to fight for a Championship. The team lost a lot of talent and he looked great while loosing.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

What round?

Lets not forget.

I disagree, the guy looks as polished as they come. His arm is strong and he makes all of the throws. He was a 1st rounder last year but went back to fight for a Championship. The team lost a lot of talent and he looked great while loosing.
    OK, disagree.
    Whatever.
    Again, I don't argue about who is better or not at this point in thier career.
    I don't see them play.
    I only go by what scouts say.
    Alot say he has peaked and he is as good as he will ever get.
    IMHO that equates to backup duty.

Regardless, we won't use a 1rst day pick on a QB and he is projected to go in the 2nd round.

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

What round?

Lets not forget.

OK, disagree.
    Whatever.
    Again, I don't argue about who is better or not at this point in thier career.
    I don't see them play.
    I only go by what scouts say.
    Alot say he has peaked and he is as good as he will ever get.
    IMHO that equates to backup duty.

Regardless, we won't use a 1rst day pick on a QB and he is projected to go in the 2nd round.
    Ahhh, but it's the Triangle of doom we're talking about here.
    If they see a guy they like(T-Jack, Cook off the top of my head) they're not afraid to take them off the board a round or two or maybe three early.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I would rather they not draft a qb at all and pick up one of these 3 FAs in this order

a) Volek
    b) Lemon
    c) Carr

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast