Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Holcomb Cut

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Holcomb Cut

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I could care less about holcomb, but losing Richardson is a big deal. He made the pro-bowl and the vikings had the number one rushing offense, why would they break up that combo? I am really starting to wonder if the ownership and F/O are really willing to spend the money it takes.
    It isn't so hard to understand really.

Take a look at what they have been trying to do with respect to FB.
    They are looking for a guy that can not only block (TE) but can also catch the ball out of the back field (TE).
    They have tried with Dugan (very little success) but I believe this is really what the brought Mills onto the team for last year.

Can you imagine the versatility he adds to the back field?

I know it sucks about T-rich, but really, what teams other than us and SD really run a true FB in the backfield anymore.
    Just takes to much away from the versatility a H-back kindof guy gives you in the WCO.

As with all fan favorites, its hard to see them go and it is even harder to try to rationalize it but I believe it is for the best.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    I could care less about holcomb, but losing Richardson is a big deal. He made the pro-bowl and the vikings had the number one rushing offense, why would they break up that combo? I am really starting to wonder if the ownership and F/O are really willing to spend the money it takes.

They are looking for a guy that can not only block (TE) but can also catch the ball out of the back field (TE).
    They have tried with Dugan (very little success) but I believe this is really what the brought Mills onto the team for last year.

I know it sucks about T-rich, but really, what teams other than us and SD really run a true FB in the backfield anymore.
    Just takes to much away from the versatility a H-back kindof guy gives you in the WCO.

As with all fan favorites, its hard to see them go and it is even harder to try to rationalize it but I believe it is for the best.
    Add to that how much people has been calling for packages with Taylor an AD in there at the same time. That leaves your mio. dollar FB on the sideline

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

Add to that how much people has been calling for packages with Taylor an AD in there at the same time. That leaves your mio. dollar FB on the sideline
    A great point my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Like him or Not Cleo is atually a decent back-up Qb that was thrown into a bad sitiuation in Miami. Stat wise he was equal to TJack. Not saying he should start or that he is better than him but he would make and fit into that solid back up role.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Garland" wrote:
    Like him or Not Cleo is atually a decent back-up Qb that was thrown into a bad sitiuation in Miami. Stat wise he was equal to TJack. Not saying he should start or that he is better than him but he would make and fit into that solid back up role.
    finally, someone who agrees with me.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    finally, someone who agrees with me.
    Put me on that list as well, but only because there just isn't much out there to choose from.
    I would however put him a bit behind Voleck and then Collins in that order.

Derek Anderson UFA 3 6-6/230 Oregon State Cleveland

Byron Leftwich UFA 5 6-5/250 Marshall Atlanta

Cleo Lemon UFA 6 6-2/215 Arkansas State Miami

Daunte Culpepper UFA 9 6-4/265 Central Florida Oakland

Todd Collins UFA 12 6-4/228 Michigan Washington

Chris Redman UFA 5 6-3/223 Louisville Atlanta

Josh McCown UFA 6 6-4/215 Sam Houston State Oakland

Billy Volek UFA 6 6-2/214 Fresno State San Diego

Trent Green UFA 14 6-3/217 Indiana Miami

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"cogitans" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

so very true. If we can get AD in that much more then it won't be so easy for the opposition to work out when he will be carrying the ball.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

stateVIKE44 is offline Pro-Bowler

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    I see where you are coming from, but I choose to look at it another way. I look at that the ownership is willing to let go of a guy who was a ... good leader, fan favorite, and did his job WELL ... to make room for a guy that they think can do a BETTER job. It may sound funny, but I look at this as a positive. Sometimes I feel like ownership will grow so attached to a guy that they can't part with him when deep down they know they should. VIKES ownership has the TEAMS best interest in mind, and what the TEAM needs is young blood (probably mills .... maybe owen schmit) who can woop some PACKER BUTTOCKS!! They know that T-rich will be quickly forgotten if they have found his replacement, and KNOW that whoever that is will perform!
    "I play for the love of the game; I play because there is no greater feeling than hearing 80,000 fans screaming when you smack somebody!"
    ~ Jared Allen

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:

I have to ask, if that is truly what they want, and Dugan was unsatisfactory, why did they resign him to a 5 year deal last year?? Even if they only wanted him as a reliable backup, he must have fit some type of mold that Chilly had in mind.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    [size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]AHEM.[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Looks like my plan is coming together.
    ;D

That just opens up a roster for a QB (KH) to be drafted and opens a roster spot for Mills (T-rich).
    YOu predicted us drafting a QB?
    What round?
    I say take Brohm and run with him.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast